music news

Madonna Quits Interscope & Signs with Warner

God Control

Featured Posts

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shoful

There are a bunch or rumors floating around that this has happened. I’m suspicious of The Sun though. I really hope it’s true! Interscope was TRASH to her. 

Also why the hell do people think this is about Gaga. Firstly it’s in the Entertainment News section not News and Events and secondly, when has anyone besides Madonna universally referred to as the Queen of Pop...

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

2 minutes ago, God Control said:

It’s what’s in the article, and it’s not like Gaga has legal ownership of the name. Every fan base thinks their singer is the queen of pop.

On Apple Music France, to present Gaga Radio, they refer to Gaga as the queen of pop. :triggered:

Is that validation? :ladyhaha:

Joke aside, should there be a queen of pop after all? Is that really important? Artistry and legacy are more important than a tittle, which will never be an official one, as many fanbases are calling their fav the queen, or even goddess sometimes. This is just cheerleading :ohwell:

Anyway, I don’t have any opinion about Madonna signing with Warner. But I hope it is going to be a great partnership. :vegas:

xoxo Craig
11 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I thought this was about Gaga and was shocked.

Me too... especially with Queen of Pop in the title. Oh well

End Racism Now

pachinko
11 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

I mean, I love Madonna but you could've used her name. A lot of people on here is going to think you're referring to Gaga :bear:

thats the point. They want hit worthy thread. :popcorn:

Gimme More
7 minutes ago, sickandtired said:

they said "Queen of Pop" and you thought it was anyone other than Madonna?

I stan Britney and i'd never dare call her the 'Queen of Pop', that title is clearly Madonnas and anyone who thinks otherwise is insanely biased.

Madonna was pivotal in so many pop stars careers.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Glamourpuss
Just now, Gimme More said:

I stan Britney and i'd never dare call her the 'Queen of Pop', that title is clearly Madonnas and anyone who thinks otherwise is insanely biased.

Madonna was pivotal in so many pop stars careers.

It's because we're on Gaga Daily and she's our queen. Most of us know it's Madonna's title. :)

Jose P
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Me too... especially with Queen of Pop in the title. Oh well

Who else is popularly referred to as the Queen of Pop? Delusions aside

vixdean

GGD stans are particularly pressed about Madonna today...

Laugh Lol GIF

The title refers to the Queen of Pop - which is universally used as a title associated with Madonna for the past 40 years - it's under 'Music News', and you still want to say you thought it was about Gaga?

Teletubby

She alredy found 2 friends in Warner Dua Lipa and Missy and is releasing with them soon :lolly:
EeneODEXkAEmfcG?format=jpg&name=medium

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Daylight Jokers

I mean, did Madame X even get promoted? It felt like Interscope completely ignored that album.

selenalavigne

Wow. Madonna started FLOPPING under Interscope. Madame X being the most frontloaded and weakest #1 album of all time spending only 2 weeks on the BB200. They did her dirty.

REDEMPTION TIME :firega:

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

numb the flame
20 minutes ago, Suuus said:

I love the sarcasm in your comment 

ty, I do try

vixdean
14 minutes ago, Brecht said:

Didn’t she leave Warner saying they don’t respect her there? :bear:

25 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Why did she parted ways with Warner in the first place? No shade or sass, I’m just curious

She left Warner to Interscope as part of a 10-years multimillion 360 deal she signed with Live Nation.

See here: https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2010/11/24/131574836/you-ask-we-answer-what-exactly-is-a-360-deal?t=1596839988770 or here https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/464724/madonna-signs-with-interscope-records

She got an advance of $1 million per album base over the last three records, independently on how they fared commercially, plus an advance of $120 million, plus all the additional percentage she earned with touring, merchandise, records, over the last 10 years. 360 deals are not very common anymore.

• Moderator changed the title to Madonna Quits Interscope & Signs with Warner

Archived