đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Little Monsters: We Can Do Better

Donny Winter

Featured Posts

Babel
29 minutes ago, LVbuttondown said:

She is in her mid thirties now and very clearly going to have to re-evaluate her career. She's been taking steps in different avenues since ARTPOP. Even without that era being what it was she was always going to go into Jazz. She was always going to go into acting. She was always going to turn Haus of Gaga into more than music. She didn't like doing certain things that she felt was simply gaining money for others without anything behind it. Her makeup line is HERS. Her contracts she is signing now are a stepping stone for her next moves. She is the face of Valentino's perfume because of the deal they made for ASIB and it paid off!! She hasn't changed her values she has matured and refocused. 

I mean, I think it makes sense what you're saying, but as someone who also follows what she has to say to the world, hearing her talk how all of these things she's doing right now completely turned her off and made her unhappy before, I can't help but feel concerned about her. At the end all we can do is speculate and hope for the best. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

Maybe she's struggling to find the Gaga that's passionate about the music. There must be a reason we're only seeing older photos recently and not much of her as she is now. 

Maybe she's looking in the mirror trying to find that part of herself and she's blaming herself for not being able to get it together. She knows that we think she's not pulling her weight but she's not in the mood for having fun right now. 

That's just one possibility out of thousands. She hasn't abandoned her career or this fanbase and Chromatica didn't flop. She will come back when she is ready.

PartySick
36 minutes ago, LVbuttondown said:

She hasn't changed her values she has matured and refocused. 

In my opinion, the BTW era taught her to take care of her physical health and the ARTPOP era taught her to take care of her emotional and mental health.

The reason these stans feel betrayed is because she refuses to martyr herself for their entertainment like she used to by straining herself to the point where she broke inside and out.

đź–¤

JustHMLover2
1 hour ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Gaga's work is simply not as good.

That's why this whole "we can do better" is flawed.

To be honest, Gaga has the commercial success. So why are fans still complaining? Because her work is so subpar to what it should be expected from one of the most creative pop stars out there.

Chromatica has great dance tracks, catchy music. But the innovation is not there anymore. Or the artistic drive. Even the whole concept is ARTPOP in a nutshell.

Taking Taylor Swift's example: despite what fans think about her new project, they are not claiming "she's over" because she has objectively delivered a really good album, and once again has delivered something that enriches her discography immensely. It's not even about the commercial success.

I mean, even Katy Perry is objectively more faithful to her work: Witness flopped almost from the beginning, and yet she released all the singles she could. Did it matter it had no commercial success? Even "Smile" is basically a rehash of her same old generic sound, even after years of commercial failure. And yet she keeps on going... Gaga completely changed her sound after ARTPOP failed to reach expectations. She keeps changing promotion plans.

In September, Gaga will be the face of Valentino's perfume. Not even two weeks ago, people were discussing how Gaga hated selling perfumes.

This whole "little monsters should support Gaga more" speech is continuously brought up since ARTPOP. I disagree that fans should support an artist whatever she does, no matter the quality.

Chromatica, ASIB and Joanne are not quality products??? :ladyhaha:

folklore is better than those 3 in your opinion? :cryga:

1 hour ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

Honestly. If this isn't the place to share your disappointment where else would it be. No one is calling Gaga directly and telling her to do better. This is a place for fans to share their emotions. From good to bad. I personally don't mind the silence. But I understand people who are frustrated. Imagine your mother standing in the kitchen for 2 years, constantly teasing she's preparing a feast and when the moment finally arrives it's just soup. :cryga: there may be more courses ahead but we don't know because we've eaten the soup and now we all sit in awkward silence around the table and mother doesn't say anything. Should we go and grab some Burger King? who knows :huntyga:

Lol. I think, to use your analogy, she actually exuberantly went to get the next course, and an earthquake separated the kitchen from the rest of the house.:cryga: So yeah, go get some BK, some Five Guys, some Nando's cuz Mama's doing her best from that kitchen right now. We should be grateful for the few morsels she's managed to toss over the chasm so far. 

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

PartySick
4 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Lol. I think, to use your analogy, she actually exuberantly went to get the next course, and an earthquake separated the kitchen from the rest of the house.:cryga: So yeah, go get some BK, some Five Guys, some Nando's cuz Mama's doing her best from that kitchen right now. we should be grateful for the few morsels she's managed to toss over the chasm.

@Jase frame this :bradley:

đź–¤

giskardsb
1 hour ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Not even two weeks ago, people were discussing how Gaga hated selling perfumes.

amazing how good this fanbase is at holding on to past Gaga statements in order to use against her, while completely ignoring the context behind her original motivations.   She was being forced into stuff she didn't want to do.   Haus Labs and Valentino she wants to do.  There is no conflict.  Besides, she's allowed to change her mind.

Loyalty

I think everyone including myself is holding on to past glories and we know exactly the level of creativity Gaga is capable of, so it’s disappointing to some stans who still want to experience that as well as the connection that Gaga once had with us. I think that we just have to look at it positively and enjoy what we do have. Chromatica was great and there’s definitely still more to come, we all need to be more patient.

Jase
1 hour ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

Imagine your mother standing in the kitchen for 2 years, constantly teasing she's preparing a feast and when the moment finally arrives it's just soup. :cryga: there may be more courses ahead but we don't know because we've eaten the soup and now we all sit in awkward silence around the table and mother doesn't say anything. Should we go and grab some Burger King? who knows :huntyga:

:air: 

gagasicebath
2 hours ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

Honestly. If this isn't the place to share your disappointment where else would it be. No one is calling Gaga directly and telling her to do better. This is a place for fans to share their emotions. From good to bad. I personally don't mind the silence. But I understand people who are frustrated. Imagine your mother standing in the kitchen for 2 years, constantly teasing she's preparing a feast and when the moment finally arrives it's just soup. :cryga: there may be more courses ahead but we don't know because we've eaten the soup and now we all sit in awkward silence around the table and mother doesn't say anything. Should we go and grab some Burger King? who knows :huntyga:

I hope your mother would lose her sh!t and tell her demanding brood it's about time they learned to cook for themselves :trollga:

Guest WhoDoWeHaveHere
2 minutes ago, gagasicebath said:

I hope your mother would lose her sh!t and tell her demanding brood it's about time they learned to cook for themselves :trollga:

Does that mean I have to become an internationally acclaimed Pop Superstar that can act and sing Jazz (since the age of 13) now? :wtfga: Hold my whopper 

gagasicebath
Just now, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

Does that mean I have to become an internationally acclaimed Pop Superstar that can act and sing Jazz (since the age of 13) now? :wtfga: Hold my whopper 

Absolutely. Get to it, and good luck :vegas:

flyaway
1 hour ago, giskardsb said:

it's been this way for years.  Many LM's apparently have no desire to "be better".

It is not about being better

It is about being best

melania-trump-announces-be-best-e1525723

Sister

I think that as performers age and have gotten along in the business, it is natural to slow down and make a life for oneself behind closed doors and allow some contemplation and relaxation. Gaga has continued working nonstop, we all know that, it's just been in other ways than it was in the beginning when she was making her name and brand and was everywhere on everything and doing all and too much. Gaga has matured, she has made it and she can set a new pace regarding her work, she's not just starting out and fighting against the world to be heard and seen. I don't think she is comfortable and contented, but she can now balance between her world of work and rest. Gaga has earned this.

We are also in a painful time in our world and most of her plans had to be delayed and moved around, so not seeing a lot of her and hearing from her isn't a surprise. We also know a bit about personal stuff she is going through in her immediate life, so we should respect that too.

If any fanbase can and should do better, it's Gaga's Kindness Punk Little Monsters, since Gaga is prime example and preaches the ethos nonstop. All of us can strive to do better everyday, it's human nature. 

Gaga deserves all of the respect, her career shows how hard she has worked and she is human, give her a breathe and give her your love. She always turns it out and makes us proud, happy and continue to love her. Have some faith and patience please.:pawsup:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived