Nuggets

Deserved, it's an incredible album :kara:

Favorite McDonald's Snack

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boymonsterpawsup
2 minutes ago, TheArcher said:

Taylor Swift now holds a #1 album on the Billboard 200 across 3 separate decades:

2000s — Fearless 
2010s — Speak Now, RED, 1989, reputation, Lover 
2020s — #folklore

Another artists that they had this record? Only comes to my mind madonna and britney

Juanlittlem

She's really a selling force. Congrats to her :heart: 
Stop complaining about the 8 different versions, our fave sold digital albums with every piece of merch possible. 

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❀ Teletubby.

DiamondKing

Congrats :applause: even though this album is not completely my style I still like some songs and I think the success is well deserved :diane:

Illuminati
29 minutes ago, andrew23 said:

Next week

1-O9-LVa-Zec0g-GIBdq-Qtpyk-A.jpg

Her albums actually hold on quite well. I wouldn't be shocked if her second week sales were still higher than Gaga's debut week.

alsemanche

People complaining about 8 different versions when Gaga was literally selling her album with thongs and umbrellas and every other piece of merch she has up for sale :billie:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

God Control
42 minutes ago, andrew23 said:

Next week

1-O9-LVa-Zec0g-GIBdq-Qtpyk-A.jpg

At least she did get there. Are we seriously making fun of artists for making it to No.1 and not staying? Lol man, you measure artists against impossible standards. If this was Gaga who fell next week, you would’ve called it a colossal success anyway. 

Rudz Xinc

Happy for her, this album is phenomenal. I'm not a Taylor fan, but I really really love this album.

Look at those clowns

StrawberryBlond

Of course her US sales would be good but even they will be front-loaded. Internationally, folk/indie music isn't going to sell as well, its only gone #1 in a few European countries thus far. Even though it went #1 in the UK, even I was shocked that she got just 37k, so she didn't beat Gaga's opening week in the UK after all. This is unquestionably an album for the fans. The public want pop bops from her, that's what all her biggest hits consisted of. Any top tens she has from this won't last long when it's just the fans buying and they'll already have the album. Her release of this when she hasn't even rescheduled her cancelled Lover-fest tour and when a tour for this album will also be heavily delayed was a bad move. Time will have to tell for this one. I don't see it being remembered in pop history at the moment.

weed

I’d be surprised if specific users didn’t come in this thread to downplay the achievement :laughga:

so impressive! No one else can do it like that 

FlopSlurper
Just now, weed said:

I’d be surprised if specific users didn’t come in this thread to downplay the achievement :laughga:

so impressive! No one else can do it like that 

too late, we get 28738 novels by them with each album :billie:

• Jase locked this topic

Archived