💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are there any GGD emoticons you’ve never used?

not a french fry

Featured Posts

Craven Moorecox
3 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Yes, but people use it in a negative way when they want to express something "stupid" or something of that sort....I had a thread on this once, and people defended how they use it, so I don't want to get into that again, but I don't think it's very nice to disabled people. If people want a side-profile emoticon, I wish we had one that didn't conflate disability with stupidity. 

I always thought this was because of Gaga breaking her hip :emma:. I use it when I fall (pun intended) for one of those rumors threads. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Yes, but people use it in a negative way when they want to express something "stupid" or something of that sort....I had a thread on this once, and people defended how they use it, so I don't want to get into that again, but I don't think it's very nice to disabled people. If people want a side-profile emoticon, I wish we had one that didn't conflate disability with stupidity. 

I see your point and I’m guilty of it too. But when I use :emma: it’s not to slander Emma or handicapped people. 

That’s my way of expressing/saying 🙃 but on GGD it’s :emma:

5 minutes ago, Craven Moorecox said:

I always thought this was because of Gaga breaking her hip :emma:. I use it when I fall (pun intended) for one of those rumors threads. 

GGD create that emote around that time because it was also the time Emma met Gaga again backstage at BTWB.

2 hours ago, Doot said:

:sis::koons::haroon::partysick::chica::emma:

I also think there are quite a few "Smiley's" that are practically the same. 

:S is :wacko: reversed, @Admin why do we have these? They’re literally the same expression but mirrored 

LaLa
9 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I see your point and I’m guilty of it too. But when I use :emma: it’s not to slander Emma or handicapped people. 

That’s my way of expressing/saying 🙃 but on GGD it’s :emma:

I personally don't think anyone here intentionally uses it in a hurtful way. The fact is, issues of ableism/ disability advocacy never cross most people's minds. They use that emoticon like you do, to convey a 'derp' type meaning, and that's where it ends.

But regardless of intention, everyone who uses that emoji in that way is conveying something shtty whether they mean to or not, and it sucks for the people who notice and care. 

12 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

:S is :wacko: reversed, @Admin why do we have these? They’re literally the same expression but mirrored 

:hug::runhug:

:woohoo::woot:

:omg::udidnt::shocked:

I think all of these could be condensed to make room for new ones. 

Just now, Doot said:

Yeah we need AyJall and Whendey!

1 minute ago, Doot said:

i enjoy the middle one so let’s keep it, but :omg: is only used by @Haroon so if we see someone posting it it’s definitely him ;) 

Massive Monster

actually does anyone know if it is possible to use some of them on other platforms, especially the Gaga ones, like on  Messenger or WhatsApp ?? :enigma: 

they are just so relevant and I miss them on day to day conversations :air:

Kind regards

1 minute ago, BadGurlMadge said:

i enjoy the middle one so let’s keep it, but :omg: is only used by @Haroon so if we see someone posting it it’s definitely him ;) 

:omg: - the wp emote 

Just now, Twitter said:

:omg: - the wp emote 

Nah it’s also used for “I’ve been away from this site for so long :omg:

3 minutes ago, Massive Monster said:

actually does anyone know if it is possible to use some of them on other platforms, especially the Gaga ones, like on  Messenger or WhatsApp ?? :enigma: 

they are just so relevant and I miss them on day to day conversations :air:

I've saved a bunch and they work okay with certain platforms. iOS is "okay" but it clips some of them. 

Other platforms normally expand them tho so they end up looking like a pixelated mess. 

Glamourpuss
22 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

The first one looks like a worried expression and the second looks more like awkward. 

Glamourpuss
10 minutes ago, Doot said:

:hug::runhug:

:woohoo::woot:

I like the hugs and the jumping for joy ones. :fatcat: They mean different things to me. 

JusKeepBreathin

I have never used 

:awesome::messga::derpga::lolga::sis::excuseu::cyanlights::mark::jase::zilla::partysick:

:madge::chica::sick::teehee:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

HausOfMark
2 hours ago, blankpaper said:

:koons::queenga::excuseu::bye::cyanlights::mark::jase::shadow::yennefer::zilla::partysick::chica:

There’s a few more I don’t remember using, but might have back when I was new. Plus most of the default, gaycat, and smiley ones 

2 hours ago, Hebi said:

I've never used / I probably will never use

:jase::mark:

2 hours ago, HermioneT said:

:what::fthis::icega::koons::mark:

I should post more:selena:

57 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

:mark:

And most of the old-school emoticons, with a few exceptions. 

Like @LaLa, I'm really bothered by how people use the wheelchair emoji, and I can't believe the mods can support the way that most people use this emoji. It's not used in homage to Emma. 

55 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I never used:

:mark: 

OK, why arnt you using mine? :mark: Is there something wrong with it? 

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47e2w4x4343yvffbplnr

-Mark

Archived