Anveeroy
3 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

I sent my rates, and I double checked my name this time. :vegas:

No comments? :fatcat:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Anveeroy
31 minutes ago, shoful said:

@wrs @Aarghya @Agunimon @MingersPrayer @Davian

Maybe some exciting facts for you Madame X stans and why Madame X is so special to me :diane:

This was the first album that I truly got to stan for the whole album and she delivered on concept and imagery. I was lucky enough to get invited to the MTV music video premiere in NYC for Medellín. I also traveled 1.5 hours to get there and also to go to that pop up shop she had one weekend in June 2019 for the tour. And my greatest memory of the Madame X era is when she chose me to be her “beer bitch” during one of the Madame X tour shows and we spoke for 7 minutes and I spoke Portuguese to that bitch and she asked me about my sex life in front of 4000 people  :emma:

You lucky, Dita! :dom:

So happy for you, at least you got to see your idol! :heart:

Bubblegum Bitch
Just now, Aarghya said:

No comments? :fatcat:

I'm too lazy to open Google Translate, and to write comments. :bear: You'll have less work on the ceremony! 

Anveeroy
Just now, Trillion Reasons said:

I'm too lazy to open Google Translate, and to write comments. :bear: You'll have less work on the ceremony! 

That's true, but you are a Madge stan :dom:

shoful
4 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Although I enjoyed Madonna and Like a Prayer, I probably would not have stuck around to listen to the albums if I grew up listening to her. Especially since a lot of her earlier albums I find to be... not very good. True Blue I definitely didn't expect to enjoy at all, because it was sandwiched between albums I didn't like.

But I 100% do not understand the people who say Madam X is a bad album. I asked for albums I should avoid and a lot of people recommended I avoid that, while they boasted Confessions. I only liked half of the tracks on Confessions. I don't understand the hype around it. Ray of Light I expected to enjoy a lot more, but it was also pretty split.

For Madam X, my top tracks were Medellín, God Control, Killers Who Are Partying, Crazy, Faz Gostoso and Looking For Mercy. The only songs I disliked were Future and I Don’t Search I Find. The rest of the songs fall somewhere in between.

For Rebel Heart, my top tracks were Devil Pray, Ghosttown, Joan of Arc, Holy Water, Veni Vidi Vici, Messiah and Rebel Heart. Devil Pray is still my favorite Madonna track, out of all of her albums. The songs on Rebel Heart I disliked were: Unapologetic Bitch, Illuminati, Bitch I’m Madonna, HeartBreakCity, Body Shop, Inside Out, Best Night and S.E.X.

For Confessions, the songs I liked were Hung Up, Sorry, Let It Will Be, Forbidden Love, Isaac and Like It Or Not. The rest of the tracks were skips.

Her albums to me are very polarizing. I either like a song or I outright dislike it, most of the time. Which isn't good for me. I'm an album person.

Yeah people seem to really dislike it. It’s definitely her least appreciated album and it seems to be very divisive. I think people will realize it’s really good in like 10 years. I think people were expecting like a more Madonna sound and when she delivered something completely unexpected and different they were shocked and displeased. 

I love all those Madame X songs you listened and Extreme Occident is a gem for me! If you don’t like the album version of Future (it’s trash lmao) I suggest you listen to this tour version. The production is completely different and doesn’t have awful Quavo on it. If you don’t like the mumble rap she does then you probably still won’t like it but its a cool reinvention she did with it:

https://m.soundcloud.com/olivier-dlx/madonna-future-the-madame-x

Confessions is definitely overhyped in the community. I think it’s because a lot of gay people love “bops“ and Confessions seems to deliver on that with its disco sounds. A lot of the lyrical content though is similar to American Life though if you look at music from that approach. It’s like she saw the failure of American Life and decided to package that content into a commercially appealing sound. 

I think a lot of her 80’s albums are really a sign of the times. Like instantly you can tell they were made in the 80s and if you don’t like that kind of sound you won’t like them for the most part. Like a Virgin especially. It’s probably one of my least favorite albums from her. I see that you listed only 19 tracks from Rebel Heart, if you didn’t know there are 4 additional tracks: Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time, Graffiti Heart and Addicted. They’re on Spotify under the super deluxe version. You might enjoy some of them if you like the rest of the album. 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Bubblegum Bitch
3 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

That's true, but you are a Madge stan :dom:

Love it when you call me Madge
In the morning buy me radge

Agunimon
9 minutes ago, shoful said:

Yeah people seem to really dislike it. It’s definitely her least appreciated album and it seems to be very divisive. I think people will realize it’s really good in like 10 years. I think people were expecting like a more Madonna sound and when she delivered something completely unexpected and different they were shocked and displeased. 

I love all those Madame X songs you listened and Extreme Occident is a gem for me! If you don’t like the album version of Future (it’s trash lmao) I suggest you listen to this tour version. The production is completely different and doesn’t have awful Quavo on it. If you don’t like the mumble rap she does then you probably still won’t like it but its a cool reinvention she did with it:

https://m.soundcloud.com/olivier-dlx/madonna-future-the-madame-x

Confessions is definitely overhyped in the community. I think it’s because a lot of gay people love “bops“ and Confessions seems to deliver on that with its disco sounds. A lot of the lyrical content though is similar to American Life though if you look at music from that approach. It’s like she saw the failure of American Life and decided to package that content into a commercially appealing sound. 

I think a lot of her 80’s albums are really a sign of the times. Like instantly you can tell they were made in the 80s and if you don’t like that kind of sound you won’t like them for the most part. Like a Virgin especially. It’s probably one of my least favorite albums from her. I see that you listed only 19 tracks from Rebel Heart, if you didn’t know there are 4 additional tracks: Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time, Graffiti Heart and Addicted. They’re on Spotify under the super deluxe version. You might enjoy some of them if you like the rest of the album. 

For me, I don’t understand what the purpose was with albums like Bedtime Stories and American Life. It seemed like she was trying to do the same thing Erotica and Music did for those albums, respectively. Granted for me Bedtime Stories was a lot better than Erotica. I probably would have liked Erotica more if it wasn't so much spoken word.

I enjoy bops but I definitely don’t listen to music just for bops but I definitely didn’t find Confessions to be full of bops.

erotic4

OMG I LOVE THIS ALBUM. Madonna is my second fave ever

die another day madonna GIF

https://www.last.fm/pt/user/erotic4

erotic4
9 hours ago, Aarghya said:

Saturday Night, Madonna Night! We will revist the albums of Queen Madonna! Megarate ceremony schedule has given below: 

1) American Life - 1st August 

2) Rebel Heart - 8th August 

3) Madam X - 15th August 

4) True Blue - 22nd August 

5) Erotica - 29th August 

6) Bedtime Stories - 5th September 

7) Ray of Light - 12th September 

8) Music - 19th September 

9) Like A Prayer - 26th September 

Previous Madonna Megarates

Reveal hidden contents

IN IN IN IN IN IN

https://www.last.fm/pt/user/erotic4

LoLaA

I will join. Please tag me again if I javen't done yet because i am very busy the coming month:heart:

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

shoful

@Aarghya I am writing some amazing comments for this. They’re quite wordy so be prepared. I’ve only finishes 3 Songs so far but I wanna take my time to state me thoughts correctly on this amazing album 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

HeavyMetalLover

Done! I love this album so, so much. :hor:

i don't remember ARTPOP

Archived