🎃 Spotify Playlist 🎃

Sign in to follow this  
rumor

Alice is Chromatica's 3rd single

EuphoricVibez
1 hour ago, voidfigure said:

It's not very typical pop, the production sounds nothing like things playing on the radio now (which can be a good thing but no), it misses a verse to be considered a good song by GP (that chews up everything that's traditional pop structured except for shallow, but that song had the emotional value on its side), the robotic vocals are not pleasing to every ear and the "take me home, take me to wonderland" bit is too long. Also, I'm deadly sure GP wouldn't get the song's meaning at all: SL and ROM are way too understandable by mindless teenagers on Spotify rather than an Alice in Wonderland allegory about Gaga's mental health. 

Gaga's taken risks with her singles before, and if Alice becomes an official single, it won't be any different. You know Gaga's known for her unconventional style, and this is only another example of that. :vegas:

He/him/his
  • YAAAS 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
flopheart

Alice would be the right choice as third single so it won't be true :ohwell:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HaveAnOysterBBy
Posted (edited)
On 7/26/2020 at 7:51 AM, Cello said:

I'd prefer Free Woman, Babylon or 911 but I'll take anything rn. I need her visuals :cryga:

911 would smash idc what anyone else says :kara:

Edited by HaveAnOysterBBy
  • YAAAS 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
BabyMario44

911 should be chromatica's next single too. 

I STAN FOR TALENT
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke78619

I think Alice is the most deserving track to have a video, but unsure about single treatment :oprah:

im not holding my breath though, I think FW is the next one

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
EuphoricVibez
26 minutes ago, BabyMario44 said:

911 should be chromatica's next single too. 

911 definitely deserves the single treatment. It's a classic Gaga style song, and would be perfect

He/him/his

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
monstertoronto

Where are all these rumors coming from?  First I read someone post that "Free Woman" was coming out this month and there was already a video.  Then I heard that it was actually "Babylon" that was being released, and it also already had a video.  Now 'Alice'?  Are any of these rooted in any actual receipts or just wishful thinking?  I'm so tired of hoping for something to happen and then nothing. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
coolninjaguy
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Agunimon said:

Just from my personal experience, most of my straight friends who gave Chromatica a listen like Alice the most out of all of the songs.

i highly doubt that especially in canada/america. 

i've never known any straights that go out of their way to listen to gaga several times, and alice's numbers show that its close to 911 in spotify streams so the amount of the gp listening to it can't be too high. it's just fans at this point and here in america/canada trends + toxic masculinity dictate that they would listen to diff songs vs. "my name isn't ALICE'

Edited by coolninjaguy

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
coolninjaguy
18 hours ago, JohnWayne said:

But the GP also sang „i‘m a Barbie Girl in a Barbie world“ 

that's a meme song tho and barbie has a different cultural impact. with current trends i don't see alice doing any better than rain on me and sour candy, especially given that its a riskier song.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
coolninjaguy
2 hours ago, voidfigure said:

It's not very typical pop, the production sounds nothing like things playing on the radio now (which can be a good thing but no), it misses a verse to be considered a good song by GP (that chews up everything that's traditional pop structured except for shallow, but that song had the emotional value on its side), the robotic vocals are not pleasing to every ear and the "take me home, take me to wonderland" bit is too long. Also, I'm deadly sure GP wouldn't get the song's meaning at all: SL and ROM are way too understandable by mindless teenagers on Spotify rather than an Alice in Wonderland allegory about Gaga's mental health. 

literally, ppl are justifying alice w/o looking at current trends. sis for the last time trust me gp will not be singing these lyrics. no one from the gp, especially men, want to blast alice in their cars going down the street.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
coolninjaguy
19 hours ago, paradox said:

last verse? so.. the first one? 

tiffany pollard GIF

chileeee we know 

 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doot
13 minutes ago, coolninjaguy said:

i highly doubt that especially in canada/america. 

i've never known any straights that go out of their way to listen to gaga several times, and alice's numbers show that its close to 911 in spotify streams so the amount of the gp listening to it can't be too high. it's just fans at this point and here in america/canada trends + toxic masculinity dictate that they would listen to diff songs vs. "my name isn't ALICE'

I'm pretty sure the user you quoted probably dictated to his friends to listen to the album, versus them just doing it on their own. 

And 911 has such high streams because it basically became a meme due to the CII/911 transition. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
holy scheisse

Despite not being a fan of alice more than other songs, it played randomly when I was getting my haircut a few weeks ago at my barber shop lmao and it sounded rly good in public :vegas: 

  • Love 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little99
18 minutes ago, coolninjaguy said:

literally, ppl are justifying alice w/o looking at current trends. sis for the last time trust me gp will not be singing these lyrics. no one from the gp, especially men, want to blast alice in their cars going down the street.

Omg please stop, who cares about GP men? I mean you don't know how GP will react to this. And even if they won't like it, then what? That doesn't mean that Gaga will be less popular or something. Just chill, it's gonna be fine

⚔️ You can't have my heart and you won't use my mind ⚔️
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
coolninjaguy
18 minutes ago, Doot said:

I'm pretty sure the user you quoted probably dictated to his friends to listen to the album, versus them just doing it on their own. 

And 911 has such high streams because it basically became a meme due to the CII/911 transition. 

that's what im saying, his friends are either outliers in terms of gp listening to alice that many times or they most likely just said that to appease him. but usually ppl from the gp don't have tracks they go out of their way to play, unless the song is already a big hit or its something that's considered "okay" in terms of current trends.

because of toxic masculinity i've noticed that most straight guys would never admit to listening to female singers out of their way - whether that's taylor, selena, nicki, etc... gaga especially is quite a polarizing figure even compared to the singers I just mentioned so it's just hard for me to see that happening.

and yeah 911 basically became a trend on tiktok because of chromatica ii and ppl pairing that with different songs so I could actually see that becoming an actual hit vs. alice. 911 is the riskier song but I think the gp would possibly be more receptive of it because its so weird/fun/already pretty big on tiktok. alice just does not make any sense to me and i stand by the fact that most ppl from the gp would not be singing its lyrics.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...