Katy Perry's "Smile" tracklist

Smith

Featured Posts

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TortureMeOnReplay
11 minutes ago, Smith said:

dont call me angel, boyfriend, monopoly, angels soundtrack, the duet with Justin.:huntyga:

Don't Call Me Angel barely got a promo push and the only performance came from Miley, and it was part of a soundtrack. Boyfriend went top 10 with barely any promo and is more for Social House than her. Monopoly came as a random song 2 months after TUN with almost no promo, and the video she shot was done on the road lol. Charlie's Angels Soundtrack did well in comparison to most soundtracks. It's not a musical film so it obviously wasn't gonna get pushed as hard. Stuck Wit U didn't get much label push and also didn't get a professional MV. More importantly, it stopped the pdf file from getting his first #1 at the time.

Smith
1 minute ago, justhislife said:

Don't Call Me Angel barely got a promo push and the only performance came from Miley, and it was part of a soundtrack

like a shallow peaked at number 5 before live performances. That's no excuse. 7 Rings didnt have a promo and peaked at number #1 in US and UK, BWUGIB too without promo peaked at #2 in US and #1 in UK.
Miley, Lana and Ariana are enough big to push the song in the top 5, but.. :billie:

there is only one bitch // the real one // B R I T N E Y

Why would she add songs that people collectively didn't care about to an album that a record label would want to be successful?

Why not examine why the songs didn't do well, and rework the plans to make music that people can connect to?

Smith
10 minutes ago, justhislife said:

Charlie's Angels Soundtrack did well in comparison to most soundtracks.

debuted and peaked at #38.
The Lion King: The Gift outpeak and outsold. :billie:
A star is born too, Evita, I'm Breathless & Who's That Girl by Madonna too, The Bodyguard and The Preacher's Wife by Whitney too.:billie:

Hebi

So only 8 new tracks? I hope this albums performs well :( I wish her the best of luck

TortureMeOnReplay
38 minutes ago, Smith said:

like a shallow peaked at number 5 before live performances. That's no excuse. 7 Rings didnt have a promo and peaked at number #1 in US and UK, BWUGIB too without promo peaked at #2 in US and #1 in UK.
Miley, Lana and Ariana are enough big to push the song in the top 5, but.. :billie:

36 minutes ago, Smith said:

debuted and peaked at #38.
The Lion King: The Gift outpeak and outsold. :billie:
A star is born too, Evita, I'm Breathless & Who's That Girl by Madonna too, The Bodyguard and The Preacher's Wife by Whitney too.:billie:

Do you think you're doing something with the :billie:? Lol. I clearly stated that it's not a musical film, and yet you still try to compare it to ASIB and Evita. Musical films have their soundtrack more front and center to their promo, and are more in line with their visual counterpart. The Lion King has a cult following from it's 90s source and was heavily marketed as well. I'm Breathless, Who's That Girl, the Bodyguard, and The Preacher's Wife are not comparable to today because the way music was consumed was radically different at the time than it is today. 

TortureMeOnReplay
48 minutes ago, Doot said:

Why would she add songs that people collectively didn't care about to an album that a record label would want to be successful?

Why not examine why the songs didn't do well, and rework the plans to make music that people can connect to?

Because Katy has never strayed away from her formula. I wonder if she just can't step away from it or if it's a label decision. 

Teletubby

Do KatyClowns are now counting till Katy reveal tracklist officially?

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

13 minutes ago, justhislife said:

Because Katy has never strayed away from her formula. I wonder if she just can't step away from it or if it's a label decision. 

Idk. Her first album was very different than her current "goofy meme" persona. 

Smith
25 minutes ago, justhislife said:

Do you think you're doing something with the :billie:? Lol. I clearly stated that it's not a musical film, and yet you still try to compare it to ASIB and Evita. Musical films have their soundtrack more front and center to their promo, and are more in line with their visual counterpart. The Lion King has a cult following from it's 90s source and was heavily marketed as well. I'm Breathless, Who's That Girl, the Bodyguard, and The Preacher's Wife are not comparable to today because the way music was consumed was radically different at the time than it is today. 

:billie:

your opinion is not valid. Ariana is not as big as M or Gaga or Whitney if she cant put her sountrack album on top 5 and that's on period luv.:billie: She peaked and faded away

Pop Music

cry about it later gives me robyn cry when you get older tease and I love that 

also v intrigued by Resilient and Tucked :bear:

looking forward to this album 

2020 has been a GREAT year for music so far, like historically great (sadly it's one of the only good things going on rn) 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Archived