💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Simon Falk won’t do predictions anymore

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

Regina George
26 minutes ago, ShtoopidLahv said:

I think you have generational bias. People have said the EXACT same thing in every era of music before. Jazz era hated rock n roll, rock fans hated the 2000s when teen pop and rap reigned. Metal fans hated the glitz and glam of the 80s. 

Could be

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince
1 hour ago, Regina George said:

I just don't like how everything is so accessible nowadays..  Songs are interesting for 3 days and then people jump to another one.. There are no more classics and there are no more HUGE hits because everything is so accessible and everything gets old real fast. 

This point actually reminds me of TV. With Netflix and all these streaming content there are SO MANY TV shows and movies that it's hard to keep up. Still more diversity and content though. It seems like every month there is a "top show"

Back in the day we'd watch a season throughout MONTHS so every episode felt like an event. Now we all just binge watch.

So I actually understand this sentiment but not for music haha. 

Regina George
18 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

This point actually reminds me of TV. With Netflix and all these streaming content there are SO MANY TV shows and movies that it's hard to keep up. Still more diversity and content though. It seems like every month there is a "top show"

Back in the day we'd watch a season throughout MONTHS so every episode felt like an event. Now we all just binge watch.

So I actually understand this sentiment but not for music haha. 

Yea and that’s exactly how I feel about music now. I mean it’s all great don’t get me wrong. Having the access to everything you want is AMAZING and actually revolutionary but I feel like the excitement is much lower now and nothing is actually “an event” now. 

Yxilon
18 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

Guess we’ll just have to rely on @Yxilon 

:enigma:

My computer is broken so you'll have to wait next week :selena: in the meanwhile follow me on Twitter (Hot 100 predictions by Danny Yxilon) 

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

Smith
18 hours ago, Regina George said:

Soon enough the only "relevant" thing will be streams and songs with most streams will be on top which is such a shame. I truly believe that streaming is the death of music industry. 

I explained what I meant in the reply I made in this thread after this one so please don't quote me. 

+++++++++++++++
Charts will be based only on PAID streams + sales + radio.

there is only one bitch // the real one // B R I T N E Y

ArtpopAct2
17 hours ago, Regina George said:

I see all of your points guys but music is just not as exciting in 2020. Just because everything is so accessible and everything is right there it's not an experience - at least for me. I'm a 2000s kid and I truly believe music experience was much better before. Is streaming much better for new artists who are struggling? OFC! I see every positive thing about streaming but when I said "death of music industry" I'm thinking about the whole experience in general and that experience is gone for me. I don't feel like people have real connection to music now a days and I know it seems old fashioned but yea.. 

Also for @Morphine Prince - My faves not being streaming forces have nothing to do with this actually :poot:

I tried to explain what I meant and I hope y'all understand.. Anyways I hope y'all are having a great day 

To add on to this, and I know it’s not really a great point, but it also bothers me that streaming makes music lose its “value” kinda if that makes sense :air:

I used to be proud of the thousands of songs library on my iPhone that I had been building up from purchases for years. Now I can just add any random song I want to that by clicking download. I used to like showing it off lol, now anyone can do it for free. Doesn’t feel as special anymore, even though I obviously would rather not spend money. 

Again it’s a weird point but hope it makes sense lol. Like, I can’t imagine going back because of the convenience, but I also miss it

derpmonster
18 hours ago, LePetitFlo said:

Streaming = fast food

The analogy doesn't work. 

Free streaming is more like a soup kitchen that gives you free basics when you can't afford.

Paid streaming is a chain restaurant that's still healthy (because now it's full quality). Convenient, packaged.

Buying music is more like buying groceries because you own and can customize and have control over what to do with it.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Archived