Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
music news

Katy Perry to Reveal KP5 Cover

LadariousGarage

Featured Posts

Stephen

I literally think she's trying to flop on purpose.

- picking an underwhelming lead

- shooting an underwhelming video

- choosing to release now despite the pandemic

- choosing to release now despite being pregnant 

- this album cover

I think she's self sabotaging to avoid disappointment. Witness really affected her and now she's afraid to actually try. Her singles last year not taking off probably didn't help.

This just feels sad.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
buzzkill
9 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I guess its like P.I and Gaga fans thinking Joanne was gonna be a rock-pop album 

i remember this. the first teaser with just the Josh Homme guitar riffs :bradley:

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I literally think she's trying to flop on purpose.

- picking an underwhelming lead

- shooting an underwhelming video

- choosing to release now despite the pandemic

- choosing to release now despite being pregnant 

- this album cover

I think she's self sabotaging to avoid disappointment. Witness really affected her and now she's afraid to actually try. Her singles last year not taking off probably didn't help.

This just feels sad.

She said the album is due after her baby is due

And also, she said that this record was just a collection of songs she made over the past two years. There's no real aim for this project, and she wants to focus on her next project when her baby comes. She referred to it as "my own quarantine effectively and I'll have lots of stories to tell". So I get from her that she's not going with any real aim here and is just releasing music because she feels happy and thats what she wants to do. Its KP6 that we have to look out for

She isn't self-sabotaging. Daisies is a good song, but NRO is on the album and was released last year. She couldn't shoot the video or cover she intended because of covid, thats why it was natural and 'underwhelming'. Gaga released during a pandemic, and it didn't really effect her. Its just effected her plans to promote it and do the things she intended... but Chromatica still sold great.

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
6 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

i remember this. the first teaser with just the Josh Homme guitar riffs :bradley:

Then million reasons hit :selena:  but yeah, that moment before P.I was epic  :bradley:

End Racism Now

COOOK
4 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

Is the album called Chile? 

I can see the memes now :billie:

gagaxsebert
6 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

And also, she said that this record was just a collection of songs she made over the past two years. There's no real aim for this project, and she wants to focus on her next project when her baby comes. She referred to it as "my own quarantine effectively and I'll have lots of stories to tell". So I get from her that she's not going with any real aim here and is just releasing music because she feels happy and thats what she wants to do. Its KP6 that we have to look out for

She isn't self-sabotaging. Daisies is a good song, but NRO is on the album and was released last year. She couldn't shoot the video or cover she intended because of covid, thats why it was natural and 'underwhelming'. Gaga released during a pandemic, and it didn't really effect her. Its just effected her plans to promote it and do the things she intended... but Chromatica still sold great.

Imagine if NRO was promoted properly by Capitol :saladga: Radio would've taken off and it would've generated so much potential hype for KP5. A missed opportunity.

Used to be HighRoad

COOOK
10 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Omg what if she’s going into labor now :bradley: everybody tweeting is like telling her “push!!”

xoxo Craig
Just now, COOOK said:

Omg what if she’s really in labor now :bradley: everybody tweeting is like telling her “push!!”

Is that why it's taking so long? :neyde:

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
8 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

Chile (con carne)

chile please GIF by Robert E Blackmon

*con calma

:bon:

End Racism Now

StrawberryBlond

The rumours were true. And the result is awful. Basic, underwhelming one-word title (how I hate them) and a very unflattering cover. This album does not scream "buy me" and it invites every mocking joke you can fathom. At least she's sticking to her guns and releasing despite Daisies flopping because I wondered if she was keeping quiet lately because it was going to get delayed. But at the same time, it shows Capitol doesn't have the biggest faith in her if they're fine with her having the go-ahead with an album whose lead single just scraped top 40.

I just can't get over how nearly all the big names in pop have fallen from grace now. It all seemed to happen so fast and left the landscape very different to how it was just a few years ago.

17 minutes ago, Stephen said:

This just feels sad.

I have the same feeling. When it inevitably fails, she and her fans can use every excuse in the book - it wasn't promoted well, its lead single's original music video got scrapped, she released during a pandemic, she released when she was pregnant, she had a very polarising album title and cover...but does it all count if it was intended?

8 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I really think you're convincing yourself of this. Record labels don't just allow artists to release albums of random songs they wrote with no direction. They want an album of hits, a solid direction, a successful release that will sell singles, merch and tour tickets. Releasing albums on a big name label is not about aimless direction and if it's an album of scrapped tracks and deep cuts, it won't have lead singles, music videos and marketing and it may not even chart on the main chart. This is a full-blown studio album and you know it. It's just not working out the way that any other Katy album has before and you're desperately scrabbling for reasons why. And how many second chances are you going to give her? KP5 is supposed to be her big comeback after several years of underperforming and flop singles and now you're saying she'll be just fine and it's KP6 that's going to smash? This isn't reality, sorry. Katy's only had one top 10 single in 6 years, her career's hanging by a thread. If this album flops, the chances of her coming back from this are slim to none. I've yet to see a singer have 2 flop albums in a row make a successful comeback.

NFRatwell
53 minutes ago, Enzo said:

We are not hating Katy 

Also who's y'all? You talking to me if anything, and I'm not hating on her, just disliking the cover :awkney:

Yet you hating on Gaga's work it seems (? 

I was trying to prove a point because all of a sudden little monsters love minimalism and toning it down when talking about other artists :bear:

And yes, there’s plenty of people on this thread hating on her. People saying she must be self-sabotaging, people asking how her label let her put this out. The unnecessary shade is so dumb at this point, it’s not 2013 anymore. People should let her live without trying to label her a joke while she continues to be a huge name in the industry despite her recent numbers. 

NFRatwell
13 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

The rumours were true. And the result is awful. Basic, underwhelming one-word title (how I hate them) and a very unflattering cover. This album does not scream "buy me" and it invites every mocking joke you can fathom. At least she's sticking to her guns and releasing despite Daisies flopping because I wondered if she was keeping quiet lately because it was going to get delayed. But at the same time, it shows Capitol doesn't have the biggest faith in her if they're fine with her having the go-ahead with an album whose lead single just scraped top 40.

I just can't get over how nearly all the big names in pop have fallen from grace now. It all seemed to happen so fast and left the landscape very different to how it was just a few years ago.

I have the same feeling. When it inevitably fails, she and her fans can use every excuse in the book - it wasn't promoted well, its lead single's original music video got scrapped, she released during a pandemic, she released when she was pregnant, she had a very polarising album title and cover...but does it all count if it was intended?

I really think you're convincing yourself of this. Record labels don't just allow artists to release albums of random songs they wrote with no direction. They want an album of hits, a solid direction, a successful release that will sell singles, merch and tour tickets. Releasing albums on a big name label is not about aimless direction and if it's an album of scrapped tracks and deep cuts, it won't have lead singles, music videos and marketing and it may not even chart on the main chart. This is a full-blown studio album and you know it. It's just not working out the way that any other Katy album has before and you're desperately scrabbling for reasons why. And how many second chances are you going to give her? KP5 is supposed to be her big comeback after several years of underperforming and flop singles and now you're saying she'll be just fine and it's KP6 that's going to smash? This isn't reality, sorry. Katy's only had one top 10 single in 6 years, her career's hanging by a thread. If this album flops, the chances of her coming back from this are slim to none. I've yet to see a singer have 2 flop albums in a row make a successful comeback.

The way Katy is living rent free in your mind despite “under performing” 

The way y’all feel comfortable making an absolute fool of y’all selves because you’re behind a screen, yet wouldn’t say any of this **** to miss Katy or 90% of the artists y’all trash

the way y’all trying to pass this **** as “honesty” when it’s nothing short of toxic culture

Archived