❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎
opinion

Why can't we criticise Gaga or her team?

Lifeline

Featured Posts

Mister G
2 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

We can, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. If something is not working, you can call it out. For example, the signed CDs situation. That was a complete mess, and it indeed needs to be criticized. The people who run around reprimanding those who have an opinion need to pull their head out of Gaga’s ass, and start to think for themselves. There are absolutely many times we praise her and her team for amazing accomplishments, and other times where we should be allowed to share our frustration.

Ooooh don’t open up Pandora’s box with that signed CD mess :billie:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustHMLover2

Cuz u r not really criticising but talking bullsh!!t and that's the difference... When you talk sh!t that's not close at all to the reality, that's what you get! 

Ofc everyone can criticise, but not everyone knows how to do it properly :reductive:

Saying Stupid Love is bad video is your subjective and wrong opinion that people around don't really need and it's not thread worthy since we got 100s of threads for it. So keep your bs and pointless crying to yourself, might even enjoy something from this era:vegas:

Yes the merch this era is joke, but the audios/videos/photoshoots are far from being bad or average production... 

If you prefer KPOP, go listen to it and don't cry around why Gaga is not releasing more KPOP related music, visuals or whatever you are expecting...

paradox
5 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

200w.gif

Reveal hidden contents

200w.gif

ok don't elaborate then

it's fine to not think every video she puts out is bad romance level, you know. doesn't make their opinion "trash"

JustHMLover2
22 minutes ago, pugsnotdrugs said:

because she changed outfits three times? :poot:

Some people around lost their fashion taste due Covid19, please don't mind them :huntyga:

DoremonLove

Not u again. Every other thread of urs is negative. :lolly: you are literally out there criticizing her entire time. Find some positivity i guess.

How can anoyone not love gaga

JustHMLover2
45 minutes ago, Lifeline said:

Why should I stan an artist who would rather sit on her laurels than an artist like Blackpink or Rina who are ambitious and putting effort into everything they commit themselves to?

See this is where your problem is...

1 - nobody makes you a stan, you decide to be one.

2 - blackpink and rina are newcomers and ofc they will spill blood to make names for themselfes, Gaga did it like 10 years ago.

3 - the difference between the quality of what Gaga put out as music (evan The Fame alone) and what Blackpink & Rina did is HUGE. If you can't hear it, you got bad taste. (see - that's my critical opinion)

4 - Gaga got a name for herself, her album is doing great on all platforms, she released the SC lyric video recently, etc

5 - If you expect promo every day and week, that's your own dreams. Gaga doesn't need to do as much promo as before since she IS one of the main pop girls rn. This era will be long, want it or not with the tour coming next summer. You can't expect her to drop mvs every week, cuz simply she will run out of material till next year. I bet everything is planned and if you decide to "unstan" it will be your lost afterall so

light the blunt peace out GIF

geusst1235

I believe that some people can obviously go overboard in regards to "defending" (myself included) Gaga or what have you, however many of the people you're talking about that apparently stifle "legitmate criticism" are simply against overtly negative statements that happen to be repeatedly shared by the same users. Various users constantly spout drivel such as Gaga being "lazy" or how she has suddently lost interest in her work, even though she has literally paused promotion to give up her entire platform in support BLM; a deed that is more important that promotion imo. As an example, I feel like I should remind everyone here of what happened leading up to and after the One World Together Event that Gaga curated. Some people among the fanbase wholeheartedly believed that she was done with the era, which again was accompanied by many ridiculous comments talking about how lazy she was or how much she apparently hates the fanbase for not promoting Chromatica. Contrary to what some fans believed the era resumed (surprise, surprise the fanbase was wrong, not new lol) and we got another music video, lyric video and some creative promotional videos.

As far as Stupid Love goes whether or not you enjoyed it is totally your own opinion, but let's not treat it as if its factual or some controversial new take either. There are plenty of people that present their criticisms of that video in a mature manner, which is the main point here. There is a difference between actually sharing constructive criticism, and blurting out comments such as "Stupid Love was ****, Gaga clearly doesn't care about her work anymore" when there is absolutely nothing to back this statement up in any capacity. Gaga would not dance in the desert for hours upon hours filming the video while her entire body is in pain if she did not care, it's not even up for debate.

Lastly, we know that there are indeed other projects on the horizon such as Chromatica TV, Alt versions of Chromatica material,etc so Gaga is obviously going to continue promoting Chromatica soon. She is simply focused on supporting the efforts to combat systemic racism and raising awareness right now, which does not in any way even begin to insinuate that she has lost interest in her career.

Animal Claws

This thread gives me "Why can't we criticize Stupid Love?" teas coming from someone. :billie:

Franch Toast

I think constructive criticism is valid, but sometimes people just bash her or claim she's lazy or disinterested in promoting her work without knowing what's going on behind the scenes. For example, the signature snafus are definitely valid criticisms, especially since people paid for them, and many didn't receive the paid product as advertised. Conversely, assuming that she's lazy and has given up on her album is making a lot of assumptions without any merit, as there are many reasons she could be halting promo that have nothing to do with "laziness" or "giving up" (such as the reason she publicly has given: her desire to amplify Black voices at the moment). At the end of the day, it's her career, and we may not always agree with what she does. 

I think that fans need to care less about her career than she does, by which I mean, I see a lot of people panicking that the album and ROM are slipping on the charts. Sometimes I feel like fans are so invested in her career, especially the charts, that they act as though it's their career and not hers. If she's concerned about the charts, she'll do something about it, but I don't think fans need to run out and buy 10 more copies of Chromatica or stream the album 24/7 to get numbers back up. I imagine if someone is a fan who is spending so much time and money to help her on the charts that it would be disappointing to see her not doing promo and to watch the album and songs fall. 

Anyhow, from things that people in the know have said, she does have more promo planned but still wants to focus on BLM for now. It doesn't matter that other artists feel it's okay to promote their work right now – Gaga doesn't want to do that, and it's her career, and she'll face the repercussions of that. We may disagree with her decision, but that doesn't mean she doesn't care about an album that she's spent years working on. 

I think @WholesomeOOf's post really sums it all up. Opinions are not facts, and blanket assumptions are not facts. 

She/Her/Hers

Admin
1 hour ago, Lifeline said:

Why can we not be critical of her work or her career when we as fans have devoted so much of our time making her a star? 

You didn't make her a star, she made herself a star. Stop being entitled. She doesn't owe you anything.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived