šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why can't we criticise Gaga or her team?

Lifeline

Featured Posts

Bonkers
11 minutes ago, Lifeline said:

Stupid Love from a technical perspective is a bad music video. That's not an opinion. Going from being THE visual artist of music videos to SL is a tragedy. It's like she doesn't care anymore and I felt like it started with the equally bad TEOG music video.Ā 

ok let's deal with this trash opinion (no offense)

Every single second of Stupid Love is a visual assault.Ā  There is literally no moment when there isn't so much happening and coming at you that you can really take it all in.

If that isn't enough, thenĀ :saladga:

AlsoĀ :awkney:

AndĀ :derpga:

Anyway, we all know your opinion now.Ā Ā :vegas:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

That is valid, and I agree that any criticism should be constructive. However, most people here do not want to hear any criticism at all, as opposed to hearing the critisim and discussing why it is valid or not.Ā 

She should not be subjected to MORE criticism than others, but doesn't it make sense that it is us who criticize her more, since we are more interested in what she does than anyone else?

I disagree that most people here don't want to hear criticism. I think a lot of people here are okay with criticism, it just matters about how you go about saying it. I agree that any criticism should be constructive, and at the very least, not be as messy as some people here express.

It does make sense that people who love her the most criticize her the most, but also, I think that's a bigger issue regarding stan culture and fandoms. I never understood that tbh. Sometimes you end up criticizing someone so much that all it does is look like you hate that person (or whatever it is you stan). Like, there are some people here that I just think, "Why the **** are you even here?" cause most of their posts are just critcizing her over and over again.

It's like, do some of y'all even love the person you chose to stan, or do you love to hate them now?

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

NFRatwell

Also thereā€™s so many ā€fansā€Ā who constantly trash her every move as if they can never be happy with what she does. People have legit said theyā€™ve been forcedĀ to wait though CTC, Joanne, and ASIB for a pop era only to be disappointed with Chromatica. Sis no one is forcing you to be a fan. If you havenā€™t approved of her and her career management for a whole 8 years Gaga isnā€™t the problem, you are. Thereā€™s a point when having an ā€œopinionā€ isnā€™t just having an opinion, itā€™s coming off as entitled.Ā 

paradox
2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Every single second of Stupid Love is a visual assault.Ā  There is literally no moment when there isn't so much happening and coming at you that you can really take it all in.

because she changed outfits three times?Ā :poot:

Iā€™m now in the mood to watch the awesome Stupid Love video! Thanks for reminding me!Ā :firega:

MANiCURE 6

There's a difference between constructive criticism and simply being disrespectful...

Pennywise
Just now, M Monstre said:

I disagree that most people here don't want to hear criticism. I think a lot of people here are okay with criticism, it just matters about how you go about saying it. I agree that any criticism should be constructive, and at the very least, not be as messy as some people here express.

It does make sense that people who love her the most criticize her the most, but also, I think that's a bigger issue regarding stan culture and fandoms. I never understood that tbh. Sometimes you end up criticizing someone so much that all it does is look like you hate that person (or whatever it is you stan). Like, there are some people here that I just think, "Why the **** are you even here?" cause most of their posts are just critcizing her over and over again.

It's like, do some of y'all even love the person you chose to stan, or do you love to hate them now?

Criticism does not equal to hate, tho. I mean, there areĀ someĀ :triggered:Ā people who do nothing but criticise, and at that point it might be acknowledged as, at best, dislike, but this doesn't mean that any thread of criticism should be shut down. I think the moderation should take that into account and be more proactive in shutting downĀ peopleĀ instead of threads.Ā 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Reality
4 minutes ago, Lifeline said:

There is more than just 'cinematography' to technicality sweetie... I'm not arguing against the subjectivity of taste. However, many people were underwhelmed by the music video and that's reasonable to expect considering the quality of her early music videos. The fact that she approved the music video despite its technical faults disappoints me.

Did I say that the only technical aspect to video making was the cinematography? PleaseĀ point me to where I said that, sweetie.

Look. I'm not saying that the video is her best. I think it's a mediocre video, but at the end of the day, that's an opinion. You saying "many people were underwhelemed by the music video" is also saying "there were some people out there who enjoyed the music video," andĀ that is subjective.

Just becauseĀ you,Ā Lifeline, did not like the music video, doesn't mean that there weren't other people out there who did. That is subjective. There is literally no argument around this.Ā 

Just because you'reĀ butthurt that your thread got closed (again, probably because of a valid reason), doesn't mean that you're not allowed to criticize her. You have to learn how to express your opinions properly, and saying that your own subjective opinion is fact tells me that you don't know how to do that.Ā 

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

buzzkill

Her enthusiasm are APPARENTLY really off in this era for sure. Ā Itā€™s sad, because we wait for it soooo long for a dance pop albumĀ and seems sheā€™s not that interested. I understand the terrible and unpredictable circumstances this era has been through.

its an album about healing, but seems its causing more harm to her. Idk sheā€™s just silent.Ā 
:sis:

Bonkers
4 minutes ago, pugsnotdrugs said:

because she changed outfits three times?Ā :poot:

good summary

200w.gif

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Reality
2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Criticism does not equal to hate, tho. I mean, there areĀ someĀ :triggered:Ā people who do nothing but criticise, and at that point it might be acknowledged as, at best, dislike, but this doesn't mean that any thread of criticism should be shut down. I think the moderation should take that into account and be more proactive in shutting downĀ peopleĀ instead of threads.Ā 

I agree with that last sentence.

But also, I didn't imply (or explicitly say) that criticism equals hate. I said in my first paragraph that it's fine to have criticism, as long as it's constructive or not overly negative.Ā 

I think the bigger issue I have here is that it seems like the negative people are the ones complaining about how "we can't have opinions anymore." Like, I've expressed many criticisms on this site before, and I've had very little WPs and I've never had a thread get closed. In all honesty, it's difficult to get a lot of WPs or to get your thread closed. There needs to be a serious argument going on for that to happen.

Sometimes mods do close threads that don't have any real problem, and that's not okay, but the majority of the time, that's not really the case.Ā 

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

paradox
1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

good summary

200w.gif

well you didn't give anything to summarise so i'm just trying to work out what you meant by "visual assault"Ā 

200w.gif

Mister G

The issue is that thereā€™s a difference between criticism and complaining. Some people have offered constructive criticism i.e. Chromatica is consistent and flows well, but not as strong literally as say Born This Way. Not my personal take but thatā€™s just an idea of offering constructive feedback.Ā Most people lately just complain because they see every other artist releasing a new single or promoting content for the album. Sheā€™s not Katy Perry, nor is she Dua Lipa. Gaga does things when she feels itā€™s appropriate.Ā I mean what are people really gaining by ranting nonstop that she hasnā€™t spoken about Chromatica since May 29th? Sheā€™s only human and people act like she owes them everything plus a bag of chips.

Bonkers
1 minute ago, pugsnotdrugs said:

well you didn't give anything to summarise so i'm just trying to work out what you meant by "visual assault"Ā 

200w.gif

200w.gif

Ā 

Spoiler

200w.gif

Ā 

Cookie Tookie

We can, and donā€™t let anyone tell you otherwise. If something is not working, you can call it out. For example, the signed CDs situation. That was a complete mess, and it indeed needs to be criticized. The people who run around reprimanding those who have an opinion need to pull their head out of Gagaā€™s ass, and start to think for themselves. There are absolutely many times we praise her and her team for amazing accomplishments, and other times where we should be allowed to share our frustration.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived