💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charts Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

JustTea

There's no way Interscope already spent the whole promo budget... :noparty: Atleast if we believe Chromatica had about the same budget as BTW (?).

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JustTea said:

There's no way Interscope already spent the whole promo budget... :noparty: Atleast if we believe Chromatica had about the same budget as BTW (?).

They didn't and they won't. Let's just keep it for LG7

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

i know there are hardly any non delulu fans in here anymore and that I'm gonna get crucified for saying this but... Rain On Me is the only song on Chromatica that had hit potential at all, Stupid Love to a lesser degree. 911 already looks like a big yikes in terms of commercial stats because it was serviced as an official single in some countries and THAT was the song that showed the most activity post album release, went viral and became a meme. The era has given everything it was capable of giving (commercially).

Post album released singles hardly take off anymore. Especially when it comes to female pop stars, unless you re-release the song with a trendy rapper on it or something of that sort. 

I think Interscope is aware of that and I don't think they or anyone in her team expected any other huge singles after ROM. ROM was probably always supposed to carry the whole record on its shoulders, being the most commercially appealing song on it, but that doesn't mean the era should have ended after that.

This being said, big hits aren't the only way you can effectively carry out a successful era these days. There's so much more to it than big charting hits, because in the end it all narrows down to its streams, sales and certifications. So much else can be done to secure a decent roll out, including performances, social media interractions, different versions of the album, re-releases, multiple music videos, etc. Throwing out a single and hoping it will stick to the charts isn't the only way to keep the album afloat on the charts. 

The release of 911 was a good indicator of that. It did help the album spike up in Spotify/YT streams and SPS for about 2 weeks, but she went completely silent again right after the music video came out, so it was only expected for the album to start descending again. Just by releasing 911 as a promo single, it helped the song on Spotify stabilize at about 200k+ daily streams, almost double of what the song was on track to do if it wouldn't have gotten a music video release. 

The same thing could have been done for other tracks on it, especially for Sour Candy / Alice / Babylon or Replay.

There is clearly no interest in helping the project out commercially in any way. The album basically left the albums chart in UK and all over Europe weeks ago and probably will also leave the BB200 in the next month and they don't seem to care about it, so I guess we can be pretty sure the era is completely done at this point.

We heard also so many lies about this era (free woman and Babylon video clip, sour candy clip,  daily "news" by "insiders" about Sine film and all these fake news) and our expectations were so high day by day! I made the mistake to believe them (not only me but many fans) and unfortunately the disappointment came! If we didn't hear all this fake rollout, we could feel better this era! 

I will fly on a challenger across the sky like a phoenix..

ConnorFilm

I remember @Liberdade mi amor saying on Twitter last month that Chromatica might have some kind of re-release around the time of the Grammys? I wonder if that's still in play. 

I just think Chromatica, while not her best album, is her most consistent body of work and I would love more songs in some kind of special edition. 

My sincere hope is that she does one final Chromatica push before she starts filming the Ridley Scott film. It would do nothing but boost her streaming and the album for a couple weeks. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

CrimeanMiracle
4 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

I remember @Liberdade mi amor saying on Twitter last month that Chromatica might have some kind of re-release around the time of the Grammys? I wonder if that's still in play. 

I just think Chromatica, while not her best album, is her most consistent body of work and I would love more songs in some kind of special edition. 

My sincere hope is that she does one final Chromatica push before she starts filming the Ridley Scott film. It would do nothing but boost her streaming and the album for a couple weeks. 

:ladyhaha:

Buy and stream “Chromatica”

Ariana this year :

Stuck With U #1

Rain on Me #1

Positions #1

34+35 #8

Motive #32

Off the Table #35

pov #40

Just Like Magic #43

Shut Up #47

Nasty #49

Safety Net #52

Six Thirty #63

My Hair #65

Obvious #70

West Side #71

Love Language #75

:applause:

LGMonster95

I'm still waiting to see if something happens during this Grammy period, if weeks goes by and nothing seems to happen anymore than yeah It's done. Chromatica did better than I expected, when the pandemic started I honestly thought that we would have a hard time to even do half of what Joanne did because we wont have the sales with us anymore this time to build up, it was a straight up win when we saw that she really got better with the streams. They did have plans for it but it got ruined 2 or 3 times, Gaga probably when she saw that her plans were ruined one after another, she thought that she would make us happy if she just releases her album and then save whatever it is to save for it later. I'm sure she wasn't happy when she saw that she could not do what she really wanted with this album. Anyway I'm thankful that we got a #1 album, a #1 single, very glad with the music videos that we got, the visuals overall, that one performance and the fact that the album is GREAT (which is THE MOST important fact). I'm still waiting to see if something else happens but if not then it is what it is.

2 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Do we know if the movie is still being shot in March? 

There hasn’t been any reports to state otherwise, so we should assume so 

Paparazzi FINALLY reaches 200m streams on Spotify today and becomes Gaga’s 14th track to reach the milestone! :party::party::party:

Gaga's top 20 most-streamed tracks on Spotify (10.11.20) : 

01. Shallow                                    1.309b (1,309,753,300)
02. ARUTW                                     510m (510,106,514)
03. Million Reasons                       483m (483,216,457)
04. Bad Romance                          469m (469,308,797)
05. Poker Face                               457m (457,902,560)
06. Rain On Me                               431m (431,525,708)
07. Just Dance                                326m (326,456,124)
08. Telephone                                 319m (319,606,511)
09. The Cure                                   304m (304,920,148)
10. Applause                                   258m (258,987,519)

11. Born This Way                           256m (256,885,777)
12. INLA (Film)                                 210m (210,133,827)
13. Stupid Love                               201m (201,662,864)
14. Paparazzi                                  200m (200,086,109)
15. Alejandro                                   192m (192,616,087)
16. Perfect Illusion                          168m (168,621,230)
17. Sour Candy                                157m (157,017,142)
18. The Edge of Glory                    138m (138,381,951)
19. INLA (Extended)                       123m (123,661,938)
20. Judas                                         113m (113,333,167)

tumblr_miuje9L3Le1r40zm8o1_500.gif

Her streaming power since the Joanne era is so extraordinary, we love to see it! Alejandro is next for 200m… :trollga:

whoresup

UK chart battle between Kylie and LM. Kylie is on course to win.

Also Gaga has the fastest selling album of the year in the UK with 53k first week, Kylie is just over 45k with 2 days left to go. 

I don’t think she will beat Gaga but it will be close.

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived