Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charts Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Spanish Eyes said:

That song is 2 years old on Sept. 27 what the actual f**k. Shallow is easily in her top 3 most iconic hits of all time. It's very much one of her signature songs at this point.

I actually made this the other day while I was waiting for my Door Dash to arrive (Ramen is life). I wanted to share it with my fellow chartsters.

This includes everything that makes a song impactful - sales, streaming, radio, awards, reviews, etc. I've been a stan since 2008 and this is really how I'm seeing her solidify in the public eye. Also, 7-11 on this list were SO close, so I'm iffy on those still.

(Please be nice. I was having fun. :kiss:)

8b352caa6bcb4e51a1fcf15d416b6bf6d986ed2b

I would flip Just Dance and Born This Way, and You and I and MR, but otherwise, I agree with this :applause:

Babylon98

Finally Spotify Update:

Rain on Me WW

- 24 (-2) 2,155,506 (+75k)

Not a friday increase to write home about, which is also why it fell in positions. Still pretty good that it is stable above 2M for this week, the VMA effect is pretty longlasting. Let's see how it effects the sunday drop ( if it does at all ). 

VMA performance: 17,5M + 800k on gaga's channel. 18.3M

JustTea
11 hours ago, LGMonster95 said:

I know US isn't the world (I'm not even from US) but It's mostly from where the sales comes from. My problem is that I don't know who to trust when they post those kind of numbers because many people tend to inflate the numbers

I'm pretty sure they count all the sreams from every platfrom with the same weight be it paid or unpaid streams. And those numbers are SPS obviously but idk how they get the data from each country or platform (Kworb ain't that accurate either...) :bear:

So these are not that "official" numbers like IFPI or such, unless it's an insider or smth.

JustTea
15 hours ago, The Clown said:

Hmm. Okay, so at this point, I have a couple of questions...

Firstly, are all streams created equal? Are YouTube views as relevant as Spotify streams? Are Spotify streams worth the same wether they are watched by a paying vs non-paying user? If so, what accounts for the huge difference reported between a song like Shallow and one like Bon Apétit (that, for whatever readon, is super viral on YT)?

Secondly, when it comes to album sales, how are the single vs. non-single streams taken into account? Halsey replaced Nightmare with Without Me on Manic. If she were to switch them back up, would it literally decrease the album sales? If that's the case, wouldn't that offer an unfair advantage to "single artists" over "album artists"? Haven't people like Rihanna or Katy proved that huge singles don't always correlate with huge album sales?

Thirdly, won't these stats be wildly innacurate when it comes to comparing careers that started before the streaming era with current artists? I looked through their tweets and they have Ariana's total at 388M records, with Britney at only 312M. I find that highly unlikely... Streaming adds this dimension of replayability to measuring a track's success, a dimension that didn't exist during the digital era (because you buy the song once and that's that, it won't help the artist if you decide to listen to it every day from then on). It makes what would have normally been moderate hits look much bigger, thanks to reccuring.

Finally, if streaming is king, is it time for it to become the norm for measureing a track's success by, much like we used to do with certifications? And if it does become the norm, how do we take into account the constant breaking of records in this new medium as more people are joining Spotify?

Yes, streaming ruined the certifications/sales pretty much. The fact that "Telephone" is about 16M units with 10M pure and "Bang Bang" is like 20M units with only a few million pure. :awkney:

But these units streams are counted equally (paid or free streams) from every platform so it's not completely accurate. And single SPS counts for the album SPS too. Also idk how they get data from AM and such, unless it's an insider or just guessing. :yennefer:

LGMonster95
26 minutes ago, JustTea said:

I'm pretty sure they count all the sreams from every platfrom with the same weight be it paid or unpaid streams. And those numbers are SPS obviously but idk how they get the data from each country or platform (Kworb ain't that accurate either...) :bear:

So these are not that "official" numbers like IFPI or such, unless it's an insider or smth.

I just wish someone would make an official chart and post the real numbers when it comes to singles & album units. Imagine how awesome it would be to know all those numbers every week

CHROMATICON
7 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

I just wish someone would make an official chart and post the real numbers when it comes to singles & album units. Imagine how awesome it would be to know all those numbers every week

I think every label should have its own chart IMO, regulated by some major entity to avoid chart manipulation and stuff. Imagine how great it would be to for example having Gaga's weekly chart performance and updated certifications. 

LGMonster95
3 minutes ago, CHROMATICON said:

I think every label should have its own chart IMO, regulated by some major entity to avoid chart manipulation and stuff. Imagine how great it would be to for example having Gaga's weekly chart performance and updated certifications. 

Yeah it would be a lot more exciting to know all these stuff and I'm not wishing them to have these charts to create stan wars, but I just want to know how her songs and albums does overall 

MANiCURE1295
4 hours ago, n1kos said:

11m! Just wow! 

:nooo: wow I know we’ve all mentioned it before but Gaga literally used to be streaming POISON and to literally see her up there with literally every streaming giant right now like Taylor, Billie, Dua, Ariana, Cardi and Megan is still mind blowing. 

Chromatica on its way to 1B+ like it’s nothing :party: 

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived