💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I get you want promo, but...

DC

Featured Posts

geusst1235
45 minutes ago, pugsnotdrugs said:

she chose to be a popstar though. didn't she decide to renew her contract fairly recently with interscope so she's fully aware of the criticisms and of the expectations of being a popstar. i suppose if the album bombed she might have attempted promo :neyde:

21 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

This thread doens't make sense. First of all, music is her job. Yes, everyone needs a job, she's no different. Most of us work 8 hours a day, some 10 or more. But we still manage to do other things. Her album was released more than a month ago and she didn't talk about it once after that. 

Just because Gaga chose to be an artist, does not mean that she is obligated to enjoy the negative aspects that come along with this particular career. Either way, Gaga feels as though sharing resources for BLM and giving others a voice on her platform is the most positive/productive thing she can do right now, which is valid imo. Besides, the promotion will more than likely restart soon so simply be patient for a bit.

Remember, you guys already got an entire album and 2 music videos (with an animated lyric video) so let's not exaggerate by acting like you've gotten absolutely nothing or had to wait an incredibly long period of time.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blankpaper
Just now, pugsnotdrugs said:

her job isn't just to drop an album. but if you're happy with her doing the absolute minimum then that's fine :awkney:

Her job is to put out music. She did that. She also put out two music videos and some interviews

If you’re not happy with what she’s doing, it’s way easier to just shift focus to a different celebrity who’s desperate for the attention and doing the most, than it is to complain about not getting exactly what you want from someone who technically already did what they were supposed to do 

reality’s tight if the music is right

geusst1235
10 minutes ago, pugsnotdrugs said:

her job isn't just to drop an album. but if you're happy with her doing the absolute minimum then that's fine :awkney:

She should not be forced to do promotion when she doesn't want to, especially when her focus is clearly on raising awareness for Black Lives Matter and fighting the systemic racism that has been plaguing this country.

Just now, pugsnotdrugs said:

But she's not though, she's doing so much behind the scenes right now so then later when she actually does do something it'll be the best thing she has to offer. We probably don't even know what our own family is doing 100% at their jobs, so why does Gaga have to constantly prove herself for every second that she's working? She doesn't, she doesn't have to prove anything, she dropped a number 1 album and is one of the GP's most favorite Gaga solo albums to have come out since Born This Way, so I think she's doing her job very well compared to how other people are doing it.

Hurem
1 hour ago, ProjectJoanne said:

So for now, just give her time, and don’t listen to charts, you love Gaga for who she is, not how successful she is, and everyone I know knows who Lady Gaga is, so clearly she’s done her part.

It's not even about the charts, lol. You can only listen to the album before it stops being exciting. Some of us want her to promote because that means we can actually see her perform, listen to her talk, etc... Pulling a Beyoncé with this release the album - disappear approach is not it.

Kimblue
9 minutes ago, pugsnotdrugs said:

She doesn’t need or have to have a job. 

Glamourpuss
12 minutes ago, pugsnotdrugs said:

She's still working on something even if we can't see it. She's never lazy. She could have written some songs while in quarantine for all we know. 

We should have all learnt by now not to make assumptions about her when way back in January we all knew nothing about LG6 and were oblivious to how hard she had worked on preparing for 2 new music videos. 

She's always surprising us. Just be patient.

geusst1235
8 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

She's still working on something even if we can't see it. She's never lazy. She could have written some songs while in quarantine for all we know. 

We should have all learnt by now not to make assumptions about her when way back in January we all knew nothing about LG6 and were oblivious to how hard she had worked on preparing for 2 new music videos. 

Exactly, Gaga and the Haus are probably still getting Chromatica TV ready, planning other bits of promotion,etc. Some people also thought that the promotion for Chromatica was over after One World Together Event, and look at what transpired lmao. This rhetoric of Gaga being lazy or "not doing her job" is just a massive exaggeration born out of impatience.

Just now, Hurem said:

It's not even about the charts, lol. You can only listen to the album before it stops being exciting. Some of us want her to promote because that means we can actually see her perform, listen to her talk, etc... Pulling a Beyoncé with this release the album - disappear approach is not it.

I know, that's why I said to do something creative yourself in the meantime, like make you're own video to one of the songs, like what @Beni0424 made:

Hurem
2 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

I know, that's why I said to do something creative yourself in the meantime, like make you're own video to one of the songs, like what @Beni0424 made:

I have a job. I'm looking for entertainment, not finding more things to do for myself. :rip: 

Glamourpuss
Just now, WholesomeOOf said:

Exactly, both Gaga and the Haus are probably still getting Chromatica TV ready, planning other bits of promotion,etc.

We also were supposed to have a brand new tour this month. So if the virus hadn't messed up her plans she would have had a packed schedule of practicing choreo and rehearsing for the show and whatever else comes with that and it's a very demanding schedule. Fans seem to forget about that. 

Just now, Glamourpuss said:

We also were supposed to have a brand new tour this month. So if the virus hadn't messed up her plans she would have had a packed schedule of practicing choreo and rehearsing for the show and whatever else comes with that and it's a very demanding schedule. Fans seem to forget about that. 

I NEED to see the 911 choreo, @BorisIsHere take you're time :bradley:

Just now, Hurem said:

I have a job. I'm looking for entertainment, not finding more things to do for myself. :rip: 

Life is so much more fun though when you're creative, try something cool you've always wanted to do to pass the time with :) 

Hurem
1 minute ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Life is so much more fun though when you're creative, try something cool you've always wanted to do to pass the time with :) 

My job is creative and very draining, hence why I'm looking to be entertained. :rip: 

Archived