Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Haven of the Rockers and Metalheads

Shadow

Featured Posts

Sister

Ah, okay! 

Here's a rather humorous video, I think.  I think the Foo Fighters have a good sense of humor, as a band at least.  Remember when they made a video about Mentos breath mints?  I guess they still get plummeted with the breath mints to this day.  :smh:

463898949_753296073001_ari-origin07-arc-

too funny!

and

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miker

• Ambrosia

• Shadow

• Sister

Ambrosia

too funny!

and

:lmao:

Nothing will surpass that Rock On one though...

Edited by Fielder
Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

Sister

:lmao:

Nothing will surpass that Rock On one though...

I agree and I am so happy that you feel that way!!!! Remember, if you're ever alone and sad.....ROCK ON is there for You, :heart: !

It's my best friend.

Ambrosia

I agree and I am so happy that you feel that way!!!! Remember, if you're ever alone and sad.....ROCK ON is there for You, :heart: !

It's my best friend.

I think it's so stinkin' funny because it wasn't intended to be funny.  I look up old videos and clips to make me feel better too.  When I really want to feel bad-ass, I'll watch the intro chase scene to Beverly Hills Cop or the intro to Top Gun.    When I want to hear some good speeches I'll play any Morgan Freeman speech in Lean on Me or Jack Nicholson's, You Can't handle the Truth.... :smh:  I think it may say, ROCK ON is there for you on my tombstone some day.  :lmao:

Speaking of Top Gun, I feel the need... the need for speed - for the 100th time.

Sister

I think it's so stinkin' funny because it wasn't intended to be funny.  I look up old videos and clips to make me feel better too.  When I really want to feel bad-ass, I'll watch the intro chase scene to Beverly Hills Cop or the intro to Top Gun.    When I want to hear some good speeches I'll play any Morgan Freeman speech in Lean on Me or Jack Nicholson's, You Can't handle the Truth.... :smh:  I think it may say, ROCK ON is there for you on my tombstone some day.  :lmao:

Speaking of Top Gun, I feel the need... the need for speed - for the 100th time.

I agree and do that too, alot! Thank Heavens for pop culture, where would we be without!!

There is another really funny video that I was looking for, to share with you, but I haven't run across it yet....I hope to send it to You sometime!!!!

My cousin looks like Kenny Loggins back in those Danger Zone days :dies:  and he loves it!!!!

Ambrosia

I agree and do that too, alot! Thank Heavens for pop culture, where would we be without!!

There is another really funny video that I was looking for, to share with you, but I haven't run across it yet....I hope to send it to You sometime!!!!

My cousin looks like Kenny Loggins back in those Danger Zone days :dies:  and he loves it!!!!

I'd love to see it once you locate it.  :)

My bro and sis told me that Morgan Freeman used to be on a children's show called, The Electric Company.  Thank goodness for YT - I found a skit where he reads, Mrs. Jones has nice bones and I about flew around my room, I was dying.  They couldn't get away with that sort of speak on a kid's show these days.  I guess he was working on rhyming words with the kids.  :dies:

Sister

I'd love to see it once you locate it.  :)

My bro and sis told me that Morgan Freeman used to be on a children's show called, The Electric Company.  Thank goodness for YT - I found a skit where he reads, Mrs. Jones has nice bones and I about flew around my room, I was dying.  They couldn't get away with that sort of speak on a kid's show these days.  I guess he was working on rhyming words with the kids.  :dies:

Sure, I'll find it eventually. I have seen that Electric Company. I've seen alot of that kind of older stuff and laughed endlessly about it since I had an older boyfriend.

That guy that has to run quick to grab his front row seat with his smoke :toofloppy: , on Rock On!!! I'm watching it now :crazy: . That's me!!! LOL, I wish.

Sorry to derail this thread....

Edited by SISTER

Ambrosia

Sure, I'll find it eventually. I have seen that Electric Company. I've seen alot of that kind of older stuff and laughed endlessly about it since I had an older boyfriend.

That guy that has to run quick to grab his front row seat with his smoke :toofloppy: , on Rock On!!! I'm watching it now :crazy: . That's me!!! LOL, I wish.

Sorry to derail this thread....

Forgive me for derailing the thread also.  But seriously, from 1:53 on, that Rock On video has me squealing.  I just went back and found it in this thread.

We're having a good time at least...

Sister

Forgive me for derailing the thread also.  But seriously, from 1:53 on, that Rock On video has me squealing.  I just went back and found it in this thread.

We're having a good time at least...

I know, David Ess-x should be proud, he's a GOD of stoner love!

Yes and I am having fun too....being nutty!

Miker

I like the older Chicago and the newer... some bands really have had more than one successful career.

Nice choices from Chicago. This group was originally called Chicago Transit Authority but somebody made them change the name to Chicago because it infringed on the Chicago Transit System. I have always liked......

Mars..........or bust!

Shadow

As far as I'm concerned, there was no derail. Rock is so vast as a genre, it permeates into pop culture.

I like Boston.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Ambrosia

Did I read a few posts back where you said you recently discovered Halestorm?  I like all their songs but this one touches a special place in my heart.  :cry:

Sister

Did I read a few posts back where you said you recently discovered Halestorm?  I like all their songs but this one touches a special place in my heart.  :cry:

I did and they are coming to Atlanta, so I might go and see their show in July. It's funny, the kids have discovered and liked them before me. Their song on the radio, "I Miss The Misery", the kids have liked it for awhile and always called it their jam. I liked it, but never knew who it was and then, because of this thread, it all fell together. The kids even like Halestorm's version of Bad Romance more than Gaga's original. They say it should have always been rocked out like that, from the start, because it's just a crazy cra cray love song!!! :evil:

I listen to a new rock station, but never hear the names of bands played. There is one song by Avenged Sevenfold called So Far Away and it's been in my head, but I was thinking that it was a new song by Red Hot Chili Peppers.  Damn, I am getting old!!!! The kids that I take care of know more of the new rock stuff than I do. I go and listen to these songs that you guys post here, the newer songs and recognize them from radio, never knowing songs that I have heard were those bands.  . It is always fun to learn of something new. I like it!!!!

I like that song that you posted, it's sweet. The singer has a killer voice and I like her spirit!

Edited by SISTER

Ambrosia

I did and they are coming to Atlanta, so I might go and see their show in July. It's funny, the kids have discovered and liked them before me. Their song on the radio, "I Miss The Misery", the kids have liked it for awhile and always called it their jam. I liked it, but never knew who it was and then, because of this thread, it all fell together. The kids even like Halestorm's version of Bad Romance more than Gaga's original. They say it should have always been rocked out like that, from the start, because it's just a crazy cra cray love song!!! :evil:

I listen to a new rock station, but never hear the names of bands played. There is one song by Avenged Sevenfold called So Far Away and it's been in my head, but I was thinking that it was a new song by Red Hot Chili Peppers.  Damn, I am getting old!!!! The kids that I take care of know more of the new rock stuff than I do. I go and listen to these songs that you guys post here, the newer songs and recognize them from radio, never knowing songs that I have heard were those bands.  . It is always fun to learn of something new. I like it!!!!

I like that song that you posted, it's sweet. The singer has a killer voice and I like her spirit!

Hope you get the chance to catch her show, Sis.  I bet she puts on a good one and rocks hard.  That song really showcases her voice and she seems very honest and raw - at least she comes off that way in her music; I respect that.

It's not just about how she feels "pretty" with the other person.  It's about liking yourself on the inside, regardless of the dark parts, cuts, bruises, and wounds, and the grim thoughts we feel about ourselves from time to time.  It's more about self-acceptance than anything.  We all could use some more of that. 

I'm thinking... I think it is about self-love actually.  She's looking at the person in the mirror staring back at her and she feels these things.  At first, I thought maybe another person made her feel this way, but I think it's about learning to love yourself.

Edited by Fielder

• Ambrosia pinned this topic
  • Shadow locked this topic
  • Shadow unlocked this topic