💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy on KP5: "There's definitely one for the gay clubs"

Genuine Guy 09

Featured Posts

thatfoxyfeeling
4 hours ago, pop ate my heart said:

Ok can we stop having threads on every.single.little.move Katy does while Gaga is nowhere to be seen? :saladga: are we at a Katy site all of a sudden?

Cause she lives in Gaga’s shadow. :enigma:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
berlinforme
1 hour ago, selenalavigne said:

you're saying that the Joanne singles were more impactful than the Witness ones :billie:

the Witness singles spent more time on the hot 100 and had better WW peaks than Joanne's.

so idk which other era you're talking about since Prism had 2 SMASH Hits, Teenage Dream had 8 SMASH hits, and One Of The Boys had 2 SMASH hits.

Joanne did much better as an album but you can't say that Joanne had a "impactful" single and not say that any of Katy's album hasn't had some as well.

You wanna say people remember Bon Appetit, but not Million Reasons? :billie:

JustHMLover2
6 hours ago, Candy Gaga said:

I honestly am not a big fan of remixes even if done good 

:awkney:

littlepotter

Katycats are so lucky... their fave at least bothers to talk to them :toofunny:

chaeri pls

gagaschickens
10 hours ago, ProjectJoanne said:

The fact that that song has such a beautiful instrumental and melody, but then it all got ruined...

i LOVE that song.

one of my biggest secrets is listening to it in loop multiple times a month :billie: i find the lyrics hilarious and the instrumental is really cool as well

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

COOOK

She’s been saying a lot of different things about this album that it already looks inconsistent. What is going on, Katheryn...

awkward katy perry GIF by Saturday Night Live

DONNA OF THE DAM

Do now everybody gonna make music to dance thru pain? :what: I guess pain sells:ohwell: our queen is really a trend setter:messga:

scheisseJK

the way shes been realisng new songs since last year..  im tired of listening that she is going to comeback everytime.. like she never have gone anywhere :saladga:  

and also GP said no.. she should take minimum 2 years break , this is her only chance.. now she is B-list and only her small fanbase cares...

and dancing through the pain... she really said that?:ladyhaha:

giphy.gif

flyaway
9 hours ago, HEARTSTOP said:

I mean, it's obvious she follows what Gaga does closely, you know she puts too much importance on the numbers she gets (insert clip of her crying for not getting #1 on an uber successful song).

It's just that usually, she follows Gaga's lead on the next album, which makes her sound late to the party... I thought this album was going the same way, following Joanne/ASIB's lead with the songs she's put out so far (Daisies, Never Worn White...), but it seems she is regretting her decision and wants to go more in the Chromatica/Future Nostalgia direction. I'm sure she had those similar types of songs laying around to edit them into the album.

The reason I think she even postponed the album is to distance herself a bit from Gaga, but also to analyze the numbers she does with what type of songs.

I really hope/wish that she proves me wrong and breaks from the mold, because she always works hard enough to get a Grammy but she will never get it by being a follower...unless she turns to rap music, where everyone seems to win Grammys randomly.

I think the main problem is that she isn't confident in her inner vision as an artist. That's why she's constantly trying the things that worked out for other artists and made them successful in the past.

And then she gets lost and doesn't really achieve much of what she expected to do with it. It's not really a copy/paste situation imo. Maybe she's inspired by Gaga as an artist, but she's somehow still lost in her vision and that's why she relies on her past work, and on things others did before.

It's different when you see Gaga getting inspired by other artists. She does channel them, but throughout the years she's been able to take that very thing that inspired her and create something that belongs to her artistry. Something personal, and she combines that with her talents and great things come out of it. 

I think Katy's talented. She's just lost after having a difficult time with an album that didn't achieve her expectations. 

David Ward

There's only 1 track on her new album for the gay clubs? Meanwhile, every Track on Chromatica can be played at a gay club.. lol :toofunny:

I still enjoy Kay's music though and I'm looking forward to it :heart:

Archived