BenG 19,908 Posted June 22, 2020 Share Posted June 22, 2020 Just now, RAMROD said: that is nice. iPad Air in the body of iPad Pro come thru Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
COOOK 76,406 Posted June 22, 2020 Share Posted June 22, 2020 8 minutes ago, GregJA said: The fold phone they’ve had for years in patent lol 5 minutes ago, RAMROD said: But we know that already, you're talking like a teacher to a student sksksksk I'm more excited for this to come to fruition than a fold phone tbh Unless they develop a never before seen concept for it, because the Samsung(?) one is not that groundbreaking Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SHALLOW 16,469 Posted June 22, 2020 Share Posted June 22, 2020 26 minutes ago, River said: noo please noo folded phone ewwwwww It's just a prototype It's gonna take Apple YEARS before doing something that new Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,281 Posted June 22, 2020 Author Share Posted June 22, 2020 1 minute ago, SHALLOW said: It's just a prototype It's gonna take Apple YEARS before doing something that new True to Apple fashion, always comes late (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
River 129,468 Posted June 22, 2020 Share Posted June 22, 2020 1 minute ago, SHALLOW said: It's just a prototype It's gonna take Apple YEARS before doing something that new lol yeah they literally doing VR when the VR is dying Like all the VR arcades here closed for good. So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SHALLOW 16,469 Posted June 22, 2020 Share Posted June 22, 2020 1 minute ago, RAMROD said: True to Apple fashion, always comes late I hope not too late Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SHALLOW 16,469 Posted June 22, 2020 Share Posted June 22, 2020 I swear, they don't even try anymore with Iphones. I think Face ID either needs to get smaller or they need to find another authentication method. It's so stupid that Iphones have been bound for years to have that ugly notch just for Face ID Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,281 Posted June 22, 2020 Author Share Posted June 22, 2020 2 minutes ago, SHALLOW said: I hope not too late Well, to be fair, although late, it usually works pretty stable from those many years of prototyping and testing. I am convinced Apple will be late into the 5G games as well. 1 minute ago, SHALLOW said: I swear, they don't even try anymore with Iphones. I think Face ID either needs to get smaller or they need to find another authentication method. It's so stupid that Iphones have been bound for years to have that ugly notch just for Face ID Well, get ready for touch ID again then, on your screen. It is coming. As always they are already testing it for awhile now. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Franch Toast 27,840 Posted June 22, 2020 Share Posted June 22, 2020 Oh good, I was missing the flip phone I had back in 2002. (Actually, I used to have a really awesome purple flip phone that I do miss. I accidentally left it in Beijing back in 2009.) She/Her/Hers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,281 Posted June 22, 2020 Author Share Posted June 22, 2020 2 minutes ago, Franch Toast said: Oh good, I was missing the flip phone I had back in 2002. (Actually, I used to have a really awesome purple flip phone that I do miss. I accidentally left it in Beijing back in 2009.) It might cost $2,500 tho (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
EthelDee 552 Posted June 22, 2020 Share Posted June 22, 2020 Any chance of Gaga popping up at the Apple Event today? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gabeoz 7,915 Posted June 22, 2020 Share Posted June 22, 2020 4 minutes ago, River said: lol yeah they literally doing VR when the VR is dying Like all the VR arcades here closed for good. Apple's focus really isn't on VR though, while the headset is cool and all, its just something they've had working on for years and would be a waste to not release it. They're placing their bet on AR being the next big thing, which is why they've been doing substantial updates to their AR technology over the past few years and why the new iPad Pro (and upcoming iPhone 12 Pro) have lidar sensors. 5 minutes ago, RAMROD said: Well, to be fair, although late, it usually works pretty stable from those many years of prototyping and testing. I am convinced Apple will be late into the 5G games as well. Well, get ready for touch ID again then, on your screen. It is coming. As always they are already testing it for awhile now. 5G is coming, it might come in this year's iPhone (the consensus on that is pretty iffy) but more than likely next year. There's a good chance they'll use Qualcomm's 5G modems at first but are intent on switching to their own 5G modems after a year or two. 12 minutes ago, SHALLOW said: I swear, they don't even try anymore with Iphones. I think Face ID either needs to get smaller or they need to find another authentication method. It's so stupid that Iphones have been bound for years to have that ugly notch just for Face ID The thing with the notch is that they're in no hurry to make it smaller, they dont really see a need right now with the way things have been going. They've been prototyping under screen sensors/camera for a while now and have even considered moving it into the bezel. But I wouldn't expect it to get smaller, it's more than likely they'll just take the leap to whatever they move onto next. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GregJA 5,655 Posted June 22, 2020 Share Posted June 22, 2020 iPhone 12 tho is shaping up to be a beast (it has been shown the notch shrinking in one direction this year) and the potential iPhone 13 (perhaps by a different name with no notch, no ports and just a connector if needed like the MagSafe but a new version) for next year is Mr. No Award Winner 2020 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GregJA 5,655 Posted June 22, 2020 Share Posted June 22, 2020 39 minutes ago, River said: lol yeah they literally doing VR when the VR is dying Like all the VR arcades here closed for good. They are doing VR/AR combo and VR is actually massively spiking in consumer use Apple may seem late on some things (but people forget how far ahead they are in others) and they don’t bring anything until it’s perfect. Their underscreen fingerprint is next year likely when it’s the whole screen with accuracy and security unlike the primitive Samsung Mr. No Award Winner 2020 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ThisGuyTony 35,639 Posted June 22, 2020 Share Posted June 22, 2020 Didn’t the Samsung folding phone flop? Why are they trying to push that awful thing on us? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.