💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J.K. Rowling defends speaking out on trans issues

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

LadariousGarage
2 minutes ago, Seeka said:

J.K. Rowling. H.P. Lovecraft? Similar? Yes. 

Her P.R. needs to take her social media passwords away from her. 

I mean, she's a sh¥tty person. But so many QUILTBAG kids felt safe in the world of Harry Potter. She's destroying that. 

Guess it's time for a new magic academy novel series!

Percy Jackson is better anyways, and the author isn't transphobic :ally:

Lets do it baby I know the Law

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pennywise

Like, that whole essay is just gaslighting and victim blaming. I cannot believe she'd use women's issues for her own agenda against trans people. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Guest WhoDoWeHaveHere

it's a nuanced read. she outlines her believes. she presents the research that lead to those believes. it's well done.
do we have to agree with her? no! this is where conversation starts. being willing to listen. and then give your view and maybe build better understanding on both sides. there is no voldemort nor harry in this story.

NotDoctor

I'm so tired.  It's so hard to watch this train wreck.  I just wish she would stop, I don't know what else to even say anymore.

MJHolland
2 minutes ago, LadariousGarage said:

Yeah because its not like they will be labeled predators, loose potential job opportunities, have to spend THOUSANDS of dollars on medical treatment, and deal with discrimination every single day because they don't "pass" well enough, or if they do "pass" deal with sh*t when they have to reveal they are trans, no not at all

That is one of the dumbest arguements I have ever heard JK gurl really

If it wasn't clear before, JK Rowling is a disgusting transphobe. 

Even though I've said it a millions times here, it bares repeating: trans people, and the ENTIRE LGBTQIA community, have always been the BIGGEST allies for cis women's rights! And this is how cis women repay them. F*ck that **** honestly. 

Pennywise
Just now, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

it's a nuanced read. she outlines her believes. she presents the research that lead to those believes. it's well done.
do we have to agree with her? no! this is where conversation starts. being willing to listen. and then give your view and maybe build better understanding on both sides. there is no voldemort nor harry in this story.

There are no "both sides" when one side needlessly hates the other and wants to take away their rights.

Enough with this bullshit, honestly. It's like saying "Well, we have to listen to BOTH Jews AND the Nazis, it's only fair"

Reginald

*groans*

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95257d28c91147372ef99 

Yeah, I'm done.

As much as I've absolutely loved the Harry Potter series since my childhood, I've grown to really feel some kind of way about it's creator. I can't see myself supporting any future releases from JK Rowling.

Honestly, everything beyond the last book and last main-series film has felt like an unnecessary cash grab. I also haven't cared for any of her other novels. :bye:

Edit: just to clarify, my lmao reaction is because she seems hellbent in pissing off her fanbase for no reason at all :ladyhaha: like, how is this real life? Even Daniel Radcliffe had to chime in and tell her she's wrong

Guest WhoDoWeHaveHere
1 minute ago, Pennywise said:

There are no "both sides" when one side needlessly hates the other and wants to take away their rights.

Enough with this bullshit, honestly. It's like saying "Well, we have to listen to BOTH Jews AND the Nazis, it's only fair"

I see, you didn't read her essay.

skaxboy

I do not understand this trans in women’s bathrooms argument. Reminds me of the Duggar family (19 Kids and Counting) where the mom was endorsing a transphobic candidate and used this as an argument. She said it would increase predators in women’s bathrooms when in reality her oldest son was a predator who abuse multiple siblings on multiple occasion inside her own house. It’s pure ignorance.  

SevenWonder

I think she just wants to state the fact that bio woman and trans woman have different issues to deal. With. Both should be valued and loved. 

Pennywise
Just now, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

I see, you didn't read her essay.

Her essay where she essentially tries to hijack the feminist movement and women's issues which are undeniably real into shaping them against trans people?

Oh, okay. 

MJHolland
7 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I knew the reason behind not wanting biological males into women's bathrooms, it was obvious to understand it as a woman. I don't agree with other things she said on the subject but this makes sense.

A UCLA study found in 2015 that 98% of trans people experiences 4+ instances of discrimination and violence PLUS suicidal idea in the past year alone. 

If you cannot support their basic human dignity to go to the f*cking bathroom, you are not an LGBTQIA ally. You hurt us ALL. 

Pennywise

She's trying to make it look like women and trans people are on the opposite sides of a "battlefield" when they are really not. It is people against bigots. Guess who's on the side of bigots. 

• Admin changed the title to J.K. Rowling defends speaking out on trans issues

Archived