Plastic Doll

Replay

Enigma

Chromatica III

Fun Tonight

Sine From Above

1000 Doves

Love Me Right (Bonus)

I honestly feel like the actual tracklist doesn't flow as easily as it should.

Fun Tonight is actually sad and ballad-ish, I would put it in the 3rd act. And Babylon is a good closing track but would work better after Free Woman rather than 1000 Doves. Sour Candy feels weird to me in-between Plastic Doll and Enigma, I think it should be after Rain On Me (among a few other changes). I definitely feel like ARTPOP's tracklist is smoother and flows a LOT better.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

ArtpopAct2
18 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

One thing that I love about Gaga's albums is that the tracklist is perfect and doesn't need to change, especially on Chromatica, Born This Way and ARTPOP. 

Except Applause at the end of ARTPOP. I get how thematically it works, like the applause at the end of a show. but sonically AND thematically Gypsy is a much better closing track and makes Applause feel tacked on.

It sounds like if she were to stick ScheiBe after TEOG on BTW or something lol

I know it’s not the case, but it’s placement at the end feels like “well it’s a single that we made as a lead without figuring out how it’d fit the album tracklist, lets just tack it on at the end.” Like Stupid Hoe by Nicki lol

Anderson123
8 minutes ago, ARTPOPAct2 said:

Except Applause at the end of ARTPOP. I get how thematically it works, like the applause at the end of a show. but sonically AND thematically Gypsy is a much better closing track and makes Applause feel tacked on.

It sounds like if she were to stick ScheiBe after TEOG on BTW or something lol

I know it’s not the case, but it’s placement at the end feels like “well it’s a single that we made as a lead without figuring out how it’d fit the album tracklist, lets just tack it on at the end.” Like Stupid Hoe by Nicki lol

Hmm I think I got used to Applause being the final track, sounds like a good closure to it. Gypsy would've been good I guess but with ARTPOP feels like an encore, kind of like Marry The Night after The Edge of Glory at the Born This Way Ball. It works!

blankpaper
27 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

I honestly feel like the actual tracklist doesn't flow as easily as it should.

Fun Tonight is actually sad and ballad-ish, I would put it in the 3rd act. And Babylon is a good closing track but would work better after Free Woman rather than 1000 Doves. Sour Candy feels weird to me in-between Plastic Doll and Enigma, I think it should be after Rain On Me (among a few other changes). I definitely feel like ARTPOP's tracklist is smoother and flows a LOT better.

It’s separated by lyrical themes, not by sound 

reality’s tight if the music is right

ToxicHot
11 hours ago, blankpaper said:

It’s separated by lyrical themes, not by sound 

So how doesn't Fun Tonight fit before Sine From Above? The songs on the third act represent ballads don't they? Except Babylon.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

blankpaper
8 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

So how doesn't Fun Tonight fit before Sine From Above? The songs on the third act represent ballads don't they? Except Babylon.

The third act represents healing and taking back control of her life. Personally I think it fits best in the second act, but someone else I was talking to said third and had valid reasons. So it can be argued different ways, it’s just not because of it being a ballad 

reality’s tight if the music is right

Archived