I heard one sine
And it healed my heart, heard a sine

angry willy wonka GIF

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jprince99x
Just now, Thwack said:

I think the “body moving like a sculpture” paints a vivid picture of vogue ballroom culture. :legend:

Me too! my brother pointed out the lyric to me and said it didn't make much sense, and the more I thought about it I began to agree with him. It sets the mood, but doesn't do much more than that for me.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Paulchieffo

I don't think she's lost it. She could still do it if she wanted to as we saw with songs like 911 and Sine From Above. Born This Way had very symbolic and abstract lyrics that a lot of people didnt really get, same with ARTPOP. She's kind of simplified her lyrical content for everyone to comprehend and relate to. Chromatica isn't really supposed to be super experimental or intelligent it's a healing dance record and it accomplished that beautifully. Not everything has to be super intricate and deep.

whore

This woman wrote A Star Is Born just two years ago, she doesn’t need to prove her lyricism on a dance-pop record that is very clearly meant to just be fun 

dollardays

Every single day, yeah, I dig a grave
Then I sit inside it, wondering if I'll behave
It's a game I play, and I hate to say
You're the worst thing and best thing that's happened to me

Period

jprince99x
2 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Because these songs are universal in their themes and audiences. Her songs earlier on had a very niche audience, especially with albums like BTW and ARTPOP. Those songs were targeted to the nerdy art kids, the misfits, the rebels, the punks and the freaks. Now she's talking about issues like PTSD, depression, inner demons, healing and she doesn't need gaudy, artsy, kitschy lyrics for that. Also, she has matured now. She's a 34 year old woman, not a 22 year old girl having fun at the gayest NYC strip club anymore, if that makes sense. She understands she has certain responsibility to act as a megaphone for societal issues.

I completely agree. I have personally seen how these songs touch people, my mother. My favourite album of gaga's is ARTPOP, which is full of cheeky lines and was designed for the listener to have fun while listening. I imagine if I heard the lyrics of shallow over dance beats like these and without a movie to explain it, I wouldn't like it. The lyrics wouldn't do much for me. I think Joanne was more conceptual than most people take it to be (having fun in NYC with her girls). And chromatica, is absolutely, not a conceptual album. It's real. And maybe this is why I'm having a hard time transitioning. 

Hebi

The lyrics are definitely not as outstanding as the ones from The Fame Monster, Born This Way or A Star Is Born but they are fire. There are parts that sounds repetitive indeed but some verses really touch me like in "911", "Alice" and "Replay". Some are just like for fun. It's a danceable album, let's not pretend we're gonna sing along deep and poetic lyricism

jprince99x
2 minutes ago, FunTonight said:

holy inflated sense of self importance batman

You shouldn't give a rats behind about my opinion. I'm just venting my thoughts, and if you read through this thread you would see that I'm extremely open to change my thoughts.

jprince99x
Just now, LG666 said:

Y'all I think this person just wants attention lmao

been thinking about making this thread since chromatica dropped.

CautiousLurker

I definitely don't think lyrically it's her best work overall - and before someone jumps in, just because a song has a 'serious' message doesn't mean the words flow well together...

The songs on Chromatica are also a lot more minimalist - the lyrics repeat themselves a lot... However, most songs do a decent enough job not to take away from the experience for me - most of all I enjoy the groove, the mood, the sound, and Gaga's work usually really delivers on that front... Those things are more important to me, but I can see why people wouldn't find this album interesting if they prefer writing that's a lot more sprawling and intricate :vegas: 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived