Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Spotify might temporarily shut down tomorrow

Levitating

Featured Posts

nswain1110
1 hour ago, gagaschickens said:

So no streams tomorrow :deadbanana:

Perhaps but if that's the case, then NO one will have streams tomorrow, so everyone's on the same playing field, and will be affected in the same way, so it won't have any real impact of chart positions. 

Regardless - this is an amazing thing streaming services are doing. More companies need to step up and show support, and not just tweet out some corporate BS to to appeal to consumers. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dayman
28 minutes ago, Girrr said:

I’m not sure how that would work, though. There are so many individual black-owned small businesses, bail out funds, etc. that are scattered across the country. I don’t see a mega database for places where people can donate. So how are they to organize those kinds of ads? You literally have to hold people’s hands and provide them direct links to where they can help. They won’t search them out on their own. 

Keeping focus on the primary ones in Minneapolis would be the best place to start since their city has been the hardest hit. Minnesota Freedom Fund will be greatly benefited.

MonsterofFame
45 minutes ago, Tiny Purse said:

It’s not true. Spotify employees are taking the day off from normal work to figure out ways they can help the black community. The streaming service will still be available. 

Oh. It seems everyone in the thread is saying otherwise. OP should be edited for clarity.

This makes sense because I searched for news about this and the only thing that came up is the record label employees doing this.

Killa

Usually we do music to protest, not the other way around. I-

Go close shops that sell all kinds of weapons instead

BornAsUnic0rn
3 minutes ago, IndyMelissa said:

Life in general, isn't fair. You know, like George Floyd who was brutally murdered in an act of violence. That wasn't fair for him either and he LOST HIS LIFE OVER IT. But, OK...

The worst part of his answer to me was probably that it‘s affecting people who have nothing to do with it. That‘s white privilege at its finest. It has everything to do with us, and it should. And everyone who doesn’t think so is the problem.

ice bear
1 minute ago, Killa said:

Go close shops that sell all kinds of weapons instead

aha, now i agree, a point was made

ice heard one side from above

C1trus
49 minutes ago, Tiny Purse said:

It’s not true. Spotify employees are taking the day off from normal work to figure out ways they can help the black community. The streaming service will still be available. 

@Levitating

Îč'ĐŒ ρυℓℓÎčηg ÒŻÏƒÏ…Ń sтяÎčηgs

pop ate my heart
1 minute ago, IndyMelissa said:

Life in general, isn't fair. You know, like George Floyd who was brutally murdered in an act of violence. That wasn't fair for him either and he LOST HIS LIFE OVER IT. But, OK...

Are you really comparing? What I'm trying to say is that US problems are not worldwide problems. That, you should know, is what US people tend to think, subconciously. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying racism is a US only problem. I hope white people all around the world learn from this situation. But, these companies should just focus this on the country that's the epicentre of this particular problem. Is that a really hard thing to do? All countries have our own issues and, trust, my country (and every country really) is not doing well, and including us into this is just pointless. I know it seems little, but a lot of people are going through HELL during lockdown because of domestic violence, poverty, mental illnesses, etc. and music is the main thing a LOT of people, including me rely on to remain at least a bit sane. What's next? Is Netflix going to do it too? Will they do this every week or smth until it's over? Not fair for literally every country outside the US

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

BornAsUnic0rn
4 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Some is music as a coping machanism 

To me it is too, but I have no business to cope, as a white person from Germany.  I‘m not affected by this, so my job is looking for ways to help, my job is to support and work for change, not to cope. Because the things black folks have to go through on a daily basis, for hundreds of years, is wrong. And it has to stop. 

Suuus
5 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

To me it is too, but I have no business to cope, as a white person from Germany.  I‘m not affected by this, so my job is looking for ways to help, my job is to support and work for change, not to cope. Because the things black folks have to go through on a daily basis, for hundreds of years, is wrong. And it has to stop. 

I meant using it as coping machanism for anxtiety stress or other mental health problems or just to get through the day

BornAsUnic0rn
Just now, pop ate my heart said:

Are you really comparing? What I'm trying to say is that US problems are not worldwide problems. That, you should know, is what US people tend to think, subconciously. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying racism is a US only problem. I hope white people all around the world learn from this situation. But, these companies should just focus this on the country that's the epicentre of this particular problem. Is that a really hard thing to do? All countries have our own issues and, trust, my country (and every country really) is not doing well, and including us into this is just pointless. I know it seems little, but a lot of people are going through HELL during lockdown because of domestic violence, poverty, mental illnesses, etc. and music is the main thing a LOT of people, including me rely on to remain at least a bit sane. What's next? Is Netflix going to do it too? Will they do this every week or smth until it's over? Not fair for literally every country outside the US

But racism is a global problem. And it has always been. Black folks from other countries experience many forms of racism as well, just not to the same extend. And saying that’s a US issue, not a global issue, is in fact racist. 

Are you also saying LGBT people in countries who have laws against them and are endangering their lives are also a local problem? And we should sit there and watch people to be put in jail, beat up or killed for being themselves? Because we have nothing to do with it?

• Admin locked this topic

Archived