Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

How Gaga Made Chromatica : Rolling Stone

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/lady-gaga-chromatica-making-of-bloodpop-axwell-1007139/

features interviews with the producers as well as a timeline of Chromatica. Some interesting notes :

•Stupid Love was written in 2017

•Sine from Above is 7 years old and was originally an Elton x Axwell collab 

•The original 5 songs written for Chromatica were Stupid Love, Rain On Me, Enigma, Alice, and Free Woman.

•The sound of the album was intended to feel “familiar” which explains why a lot of people think many of the songs on the album sound like another song or “dated” (personally I wish they went a more expiremental and innovative on those songs but it is what it is)

•Rain On Me’s production was inspired by Daft Punk

•911 Was hard for Gaga to record and she had to wear a wig in the studio so she could feel like a “different person”

shoful

I LOVE THIS ALBUM SO MUCH. Its so good. Omg! I hope she has more stuffed planned for us this week

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

BruceWayneOnMe
26 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

911 Was hard for Gaga to record and she had to wear a wig in the studio so she could feel like a “different person

A Method Singer! 

Daniel Day Lewis of the music industry! 

Babel

So Stupid Love is about Carino? ... I don’t know how to feel about that :billie:

Neight Shayde
34 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

•Rain On Me’s production was inspired by Daft Punk

Rain On Me and Replay have Daft Punk written all over it. She needs to actually collaborate with them for a track.

Bradley

Only Lady Gaga would record a song that is so abstract concept-wise that she had to wear a wig in the recording studio!

Bradley
6 minutes ago, A mess said:

So Stupid Love is about Carino? ... I don’t know how to feel about that :billie:

Or it could be about Bradley since she had already started seeing him for initial meetings :billie:

"I want your Stupid Love, (Bradley)."

yes and
35 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

•The sound of the album was intended to feel “familiar” which explains why a lot of people think many of the songs on the album sound like another song or “dated” (personally I wish they went a more expiremental and innovative on those songs but it is what it is)

I agree. I understand why they decided to stick with the same sound for the whole album, but the production of some songs could be much better if they tried to create more experimental sound. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

ApplauseftAdele
1 hour ago, Sour Candy said:

I agree. I understand why they decided to stick with the same sound for the whole album, but the production of some songs could be much better if they tried to create more experimental sound. 

Yeah :bradley: like for an album that’s marketed as so conceptual and futuristic and with an album cover like THAT, some of the song’s productions just kinda fall short for me. Like they aren’t necessarily bad they just... feel out of place almost. (Namely : Free Woman, Fun Tonight, Enigma, 1000 Doves, Plastic Doll)

julz

Gaga i guess wants it to be "relatable" dance music, if that makes sense. She wanted the world to dance, to relate and have fun. That is why i think she didnt go experimental ala-ARTPOP in this one. I like that she did her research with house music and she is very hands on. The five first songs mentioned, feels like the singles to me..hmm...

S0436
13 minutes ago, julz said:

Gaga i guess wants it to be "relatable" dance music, if that makes sense. She wanted the world to dance, to relate and have fun. That is why i think she didnt go experimental ala-ARTPOP in this one. I like that she did her research with house music and she is very hands on. The five first songs mentioned, feels like the singles to me..hmm...

Yeah, she never said it would be an experimental left-field album; although there are a few experimental surprises.  Most people wanted a pop dance record with good lyrical messages and vocals, and that is what we got.  

high heeled fem
On 5/30/2020 at 10:02 PM, A mess said:

Thank you :golfclap:

You're the one that I've been waiting for 
:messga:

I would battle for you, even if I break in two

she writes that after downgrading from

tay? Really 😂 ps I’m not into men but carino is not 🥵 

Babel
1 minute ago, high heeled fem said:

Thank you :golfclap:

You're the one that I've been waiting for 

I would battle for you, even if I break in two

she writes that after downgrading from

tay? Really 😂 ps I’m not into men but carino is not 🥵 

I mean... Taylor was outed as an obsessed alcoholic not long ago. The bar was on the floor when she met Carino. 

high heeled fem

Wow I had no idea that’s so horrible :fail: when was this announced and any more info? Who broke it off her or Gaga? She seems she finally met the right person with Michael 

xoxo Craig

Its such a cool interview. It seems like they were really invested in trying to bring back dance (90s and early 2000s) back to the forefront again. They really did their research. I love how this album is still experimental, yet marketable at the same time. It is nostalgic yet modern and fresh. Nobody is doing these types of sounds today at all :tony:

End Racism Now

Archived