đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lead Single

Mister Gaga

Featured Posts

God Control
Just now, darkpaw said:

Literally the only change I think should've been made to this song is that the chorus & choir should have been much louder but I think the song is perfect. It's about gossip so babble on isn't only appropriate but it sounds cute. Not all songs have to have deep dark depressing meanings. But I respect your opinion nevertheless:ohwell:

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect her to be deep always. It’s just the impression I got from the name. Maybe it’s my fault but I didn’t listen to any snippets nor even know what the Haus labs version sounds like. I just heard the name here and had this thought. I respect yours as well.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KORG
27 minutes ago, Alavaye said:

No, sorry.... maybe piano version would be great as a single, but not with this production. I love the song, don't get me wrong, just it wouldn't work as a single, GP wouldn't connect. I played it to my friends and they were all meh... ok... whatever

That's a god level song, your friends don't represent the rest of the world. It's like some of these reaction videos people have been posting - some of the people in them were never going to enjoy it purely because they're "too cool" or "not into that type of music" :laughga: There's many reasons people don't like a song, but that doesn't mean it should change for a small selection of people. Sine is IT

Alavaye
1 minute ago, Dramatica said:

Then don't judge GP. You have no clue how they might react to Sine From Above.

tumblr_nfgft3fTi61qfjfoyo1_500.thumb.jpg

I am confient enough in my ability to make that judgement and I am pretty sure GP would be just OK with it.

For the past 14 years on Eurovision, each time I was able to predict the winner and top 10 songs, I didn't falter once on the winner, I did miss on some when it comes to top 10, but overal prediction months before Eurovision is held is over 90%. The same is with general song releases, most of the time can predict if they'll be a hit or not.

xoxo

Terrence

I think Alice would’ve slayed as the lead single. It’s so immersive.

DiskoBaby
5 minutes ago, God Control said:

Babylon is in Iraq. Iraq exists and people have descended from those over generations. The point of “insult” isn’t like insulting native Americans today, but like making a joke out of a rather deeper concept.

I don’t get where you got the idea that something has to exist in this day to be respect. I mean do we piss on people’s graves because they don’t exist?

But it's not disrespectful. Iraq is a country with a history of conquering and inter racial breeding. It's people don't exist and in the same way indigenous ancient Egyptians don't exist anymore. You can use it as a play of words and not offend anyone. It's like people complaining of cultural appropriation. You can't appropriate an ancient culture. And you can't offend people who don't identify with that ancient culture. Iraqis don't care about Babylon anymore.

Alavaye
2 minutes ago, KORG said:

That's a god level song, your friends don't represent the rest of the world. It's like some of these reaction videos people have been posting - some of the people in them were never going to enjoy it purely because they're "too cool" or "not into that type of music" :laughga: There's many reasons people don't like a song, but that doesn't mean it should change for a small selection of people. Sine is IT

I never said that it s not a great song. I just stated that it wouldn't work as a single and I stand by it. Again, my friends do not represent the rest of the world, far from it, but they listen to different stuff among themselves, different genres and none of them reacted to it as more than It's alright. I agree they are not the judges of what is a hit in the world, far from it, it is my conclusion based on their reactions. Play the song to your friends/family who are not Gaga fans and ask for an honest opinion, see what they say.

And nobody also said that it should be changed...

xoxo

KORG
Just now, Alavaye said:

I never said that it s not a great song. I just stated that it wouldn't work as a single and I stand by it. Again, my friends do not represent the rest of the world, far from it, but they listen to different stuff among themselves, different genres and none of them reacted to it as more than It's alright. I agree they are not the judges of what is a hit in the world, far from it, it is my conclusion based on their reactions. Play the song to your friends/family who are not Gaga fans and ask for an honest opinion, see what they say.

And nobody also said that it should be changed...

Ok. Fab.

I see sensitivity is on the up :wtfga:

Alavaye
10 minutes ago, KORG said:

Ok. Fab.

I see sensitivity is on the up :wtfga:

hm... that answer did come across as such now that I read it... but I was actually just replying :/ mmm I think writing on forums is not my forte :D

xoxo

ladygagafan1234
24 minutes ago, Terrence said:

I think Alice would’ve slayed as the lead single. It’s so immersive.

That's why it was saved as an album track. It needs the interlude to transition as well.

God Control
24 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

But it's not disrespectful. Iraq is a country with a history of conquering and inter racial breeding. It's people don't exist and in the same way indigenous ancient Egyptians don't exist anymore. You can use it as a play of words and not offend anyone. It's like people complaining of cultural appropriation. You can't appropriate an ancient culture. And you can't offend people who don't identify with that ancient culture. Iraqis don't care about Babylon anymore.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not talking about “insult” as an insult like mocking native Americans, but more like the idea of the city being such a highly regarded part of history and here it’s being used like a joke. I didn’t mean it in a manner of “insult the culture” but more like insulting the value of the historical setting and how it was amazing advanced ancient civilization that inspired many nations with its heritage.

I can assure you Egyptians would be offended if you used pharaohs as a joke, but that isn’t my point here, it was an exaggeration on my end as I pictured the song to be deep but then the name was a play on the word babble on.

Archived