Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'm a little bit disappointed with Chromatica

Suigetsu

Featured Posts

Suigetsu
4 minutes ago, KORG said:

No, its trash. I love Kate Bush but if I wanted I nap I wouldn't put music on at all.

Calling Kate Bush music trash? Ok, you and your lack of taste are dismissed. 

f6094f40b461bac237867df66e5532b2.gif

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Magui
22 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Hey, it's okay not to like it or to be underwhelmed by it. Different people are going to have different reactions. 

For me, it's her most cohesive album, and I think the sum of its parts is greater than any one song. That doesn't mean there aren't some standouts, but it just works so well to me as album, and I find myself wanting to listen to the entire album on repeat instead of just focusing on favorite tracks. And for me, on different listens, different songs will stand out to me as favorites. Some songs admittedly are growers for me, but just when I think a song is lackluster, I listen to it again and am like, "No, that's amazing!" And every song except for "Sine from Above" (and the interludes) makes me want to get up and shake my groove thing. 

I'm also looking forward to her live performances and seeing how she changes up things. I still prefer the performances when it's just her and a piano, so I'm excited for some of those. 

But again, if it's not your cup of tea, so be it. It's okay to be disappointed.

22 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I was hoping to see you here. 

It's really a very cohesive album, I agree that's probably her most cohesive one. Ands it's so interesting to me that I'm still hearing start to finish (usually by now I would probably be focusing on some songs). But the most fun thing about it, it's how enjoyable the album is, and how much makes dance. And yep I'm super curious about the twist and turns she wil add to the live performances! 

Lord Temptation

I don’t get making a thread to announce some aspect of something you don’t like. Like...congratulations? Any one of us could find a negative about anything. 

I am noticing more and more of these new accounts being made, or accounts with very little previous activity - all of a sudden surfacing for the sake of criticizing the new album... hmmmmm :koons: #TheMoreYouKnow

codymonster

I totally get where you are coming from. I LOVE the lyrics, I love the experimental voices and the things she does with the melodies. Everything is perfect, but the beat that drums through the whole album... can’t say I’m a fan. The songs are so different sonically, but the production makes a lot of them sound the same, which is too bad. If they lost the  repetitious best, it would 100% be my fav Gaga album

HauntingHollow

me too, somehow it feels like it has no character, usually there is something very distinct about her albums and the songs withing are always varied, but Chromatica sounds like the whole alum could be one song, idk how to explain 

EDIT: oh yeah, i wish the album wasnt so cohesive, i will never understand why cohensivness is a thing, i want an album to give me a multitude of new sounds, ideas, feelings.... making the songs sound the same is boring and bland and unispired..... give me randoms sounds, random beats, random vocals, mix 50 genres together, do something exciting.... in Chromatica half the songs sound the same, have the same colour, same vibe, same tone, same vocals, i feel so tired listening to Replay because Enigma sounds the same and so does Alice.... it just seems to me like most of the songs have the same instrumentals and do nothing new. Ugh.... But then there is SFA, 1000 Doves, Babylon, Stupid Love, Rain on Me, Love Me Right, Sour Candy.... these songs sound like they have an identity and thats why i like em the most.

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

PlasticDollGirl

Me too, it kinda sounds like out dated EDM trying to be cool. I expected more 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Chromatography
1 hour ago, Nino said:

It's not age a bunch of us on ggd are holdouts from that era and love it. Congrats on the meltdown though :huntyga:

doesn’t even qualify as a meltdown tho 

Chromatography
35 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I don’t get making a thread to announce some aspect of something you don’t like. Like...congratulations? Any one of us could find a negative about anything. 

it’s an opinion thread though? why does gaga daily have to be resounding yasss gaga opinions? :confused:

Sister

I Love it. It sounds like Las Vegas Lady Gaga. Dance and party!

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

KORG
48 minutes ago, Suigetsu said:

has it crossed your mind that maybe because it's a Gaga forum, more specifically Gaga Thoughts and to be the most specific, it's tagged with "opinion"? :billie:

The only reason a negative opinion would be expressed - as it's not a question, its an opinion - is for ego reasons and validation. As I said, its human nature.

Why else would it be expressed? Hoping to win a prize?

KORG
7 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

it’s an opinion thread though? why does gaga daily have to be resounding yasss gaga opinions? :confused:

How do you respond to a negative opinion? 

Firstly  it didnt need a thread. Secondly, theres no conversation to be had about it.

It's a masturbatory effort for the ego. Thsts literally it.

NT78
1 hour ago, Suigetsu said:

it will be YEARS when LG7 will come to life and I'll be having a family, children etc too then (I hope ofc, God) so it won't be the same

I was secretly bopping to Perfect Illusion amidst Chromatica's release and that says it all :bradley:

ikr?

Dude, I am OLD (comparatively). I'm almost 42. I have TEENAGE kids and have been married 20 years. 

This album slaps and it slaps HARD. Age doesn't matter when it comes to music. I'll be looking forward to LG20 when I'm in the old folks home. I have been CONSUMED by this era so far. Maybe a bit too much.

(where ARE my kids, anyway...?)

Chlorine Sevigny
34 minutes ago, ModernXTC said:

I am noticing more and more of these new accounts being made, or accounts with very little previous activity - all of a sudden surfacing for the sake of criticizing the new album... hmmmmm :koons: #TheMoreYouKnow

I already had him blocked so I knew he must have said something to piss me off already. :fan: 

Archived