đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift... Who Will Have Bigger Legend Status?

Economy

Featured Posts

Enigma

Gaga changed the whole game when she came out. She basically brought back huge MVs, visuals, crazy red carpet looks... 

Taylor didn't shape up anything, she's just a (succesful) mainstream commercial artist :shrug:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
palma

Taylor and Gaga doesn't have something to do with each other other than being 2 blonde grammy winning songwriters. These comparisons remind me of her being compared to Katy back in 2013. There's no basis other than to force two successful ladies into rivalry. It's like comparing Blake Shelton with Usher or sth. Apples and oranges :nails:

MonsterofFame

Taylor and Gaga are two very different types of artists. If you notice, not even the media who loves to pit women musicians against each other, ever compares the two.

Taylor will be remembered as a legendary singer-songwriter and performer. Similar to Bruce Springsteen, Queen, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, etc.

Gaga will be remembered as a legendary pop culture phenomena, much like Michael Jackson. It's not just her music -- it's the visuals, video, fashion, theater, and performance that when combined make something that really only MJ and Madonna have done as well. Also, her persona is just as interesting as her stage presence.

gypsy101

>Rihanna was massive in terms of hits for so many years. But she is not talked about much when she doesn't release and doesn't have that kind of cultural impact. 

i feel like this is not true. she has been very impactful on culture on a wider scale. Adele will also be a legend, her not releasing for a few years will not hurt her.

Smother Em Eh

You can’t put Taylor in the same sentence as Gaga in terms of being a legend. Sure Taylor is bigger but Gaga has more impact/ influence in pop culture! Gaga’s talent, versatility, creativity, LGBT all back up to her legend status. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Chromatica Island

Gaga ofc!

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Bella Goth

KhPkqRVRJDqy.png

i thought little monsters will stop pitting pop girls/artists after she dropped this message. ain't y'all tired comparing artists achivement? why we can just dance to their music.

Angelm

Gaga, Taylor had her moment, but she has NEVER done something game changer. Taylor was just popular.

Gaga has set trends, changed the music industry, been a fashion icon, and she has a lot of iconic moments.

Jonathanholland

Maybe in America Taylor is considered bigger,  but worldwide she hasn't had that much impact.  Rihanna, Gaga and Beyonce all have culturally more significance 

Before there was love, there was silence

migamiga

taylor will always be the commercial girl. you cannot deny her commercial appeal and success. gaga on the other hand is the artist's artist and i believe her presence is a lot more massive and impactful than taylor. not to knock anyone down, theyre both legends but i think gaga is more respected overall for her versatility and the risks she took in her career

Flawless

from a north american view, Taylor maybe could be a bigger artist but I'm sure the impact & status that Gaga has worldwide is really on another level

the scars on my mind are on replay.

Fame Romance

I enjoy Taylor’s songs but she doesn’t come close to Gaga’s talent/impact. She doesn’t take any risks with her music and her vocals make you wonder why she isn’t just a songwriter.

Taylor might be big in the US but she’s pretty much a non event in most of the world. A true legend like Madonna/Michael Jackson I someone who can achieve global success/impact. 

Taylor will be remember in the US as the girl with cute love songs who wants to fit the “perfect girl” model, but Gaga is something different, she is a true global icon who marked pop culture forever with her music/persona. 

Archived