Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift... Who Will Have Bigger Legend Status?

Economy

Featured Posts

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Massive Monster said:

I'm sorry but how can we even compare legendary Lady Gaga with Taylor Swift :saladga:

No shade but Taylor Swift hasn't changed the scope of the music industry and that's the truth, Lady Gaga has.

Lady Gaga brought back theatre, props, fashion, and brought her unique freakyness on the pop music stage. Can you also imagine that it was shocking to people that she was singing live ?!? Like that was a shocking thing at the time for a new pop star who also dances. She also brought back the idea that a dancing pop star can also be a musician and played piano on stage. 

She also brought a new sound. Very dance, robotic, mixed with raw emotion, a dark edginess. Poker Face, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Born This Way were all so strange for radio but it work.

Also she's done so much for the gay community, releasing gay explicit Born This Way was absolutely remarkable.

Taylor went from country to pop.. She is the only one who could do this... She definitely changed the industry

Gaga. And she's already on her way to doing that. She's walking along the same path as Cher or Streisand now, she's practically surpassed icon status and she can literally do it all. None of the others have that to their name, including the acting successes.

WickedStan

Shouldn't even be a question in my opinion
Out of all these artists Gaga is definitely the most versatile, and while I respect Taylor and I'm sure she is good at what she does, I don't think she can begin to compare to Gaga. Gaga's voice and music are also just so much better.
I am not super familiar with Taylor's music but I did watch her Netflix concert and I was not that impressed by her singing. She just doesn't even come close to what Gaga is capable of

julz

Gaga. She will be known as the most versatile pop icon ever lived, a chameleon. And having backing from other legends like Elton John, Tony Bennett, Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion and others... she is a bigger legendary icon than Taylor Swift.

Chuckles
21 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Okay one question. In 20 years time, will Rihanna be remembered for her music or her make-up/beauty and fashion? Because I can tell you right now, Gaga was born to perform. Whether it be on a big screen, on a stage, whatever - thats what she was destined to do. Gaga is someone I (as well as many others) look at for being in something 100% and for the long term. 

I see that with Adele, I see that with Taylor, I see that with Katy. They will all be remembered for music and their art. 

But, Rihanna has never organically created something. She has never wrote a hit. Her vocals aren't that stellar (they have improved). She doesn't have the artistry of an artist. She's singing other people's songs to a wide audience, her music videos aren't that groundbreaking, when she went into acting she was heavily criticised... (I'm not trying to be shady or flamebait here)

And you must admit, Rihanna's "passion" has gone severely down hill for music. The most recent features sound like she doesn't want to be there. Its very obvious that her passion lies in makeup and beauty. And she's created this empire which will be remembered for the rest of history. As stans of Gaga, yes of course we remember Rihanna for her past hits. But she hasn't had a hit that's stuck with people since 2015... maybe even earlier. 

Tell me honestly, will Rihanna be remembered for music in 20, 30, or 40 years time? I don't see it. 

She will be remember for both. The musician turned businesswoman. While the perception is that Rihanna is building her "brand" she is really doing so by breaking the stereotypes in all industries. She did that when she as a black woman was of the first to release full-pop music in 2006 (not reggae or r&b).  And now the fashion industry follows the Rihanna blueprint. She has done every genre and she has all the hits, now she can do anything that she wants (words from her last British Vogue interview). For some, she might not be an artist because she doesn't write her own music but she has never taken any credit for it. She can flawlessly collaborate and integrate with any artist; they have spoken very highly of her quality and attention to detail.

Rihanna is the blueprint, and as someone pointed out, legend means having an impact and she has that beyond the music. The thread question was not limited to musical impact. 

iMonster
8 hours ago, daisy said:

Taylor went from country to pop.. She is the only one who could do this... She definitely changed the industry

Not trying to be funny but how exactly? Who references Taylor Swift as like this savior that saved a genre which was falling and lacking? Taylor Swift is AMAZING at what she does. She has really nice lyrics and great word play as well. 

Though I look at Gaga and think she's the "Apple Inc." of the music industry. She revitalized Pop music, created her own "weird" lane, made it cool and she'll be a reference for the genre. She's not only a great songwriter and singer but she's an entertainer/showstopper (Think MJ, Janet, etc), actress with accolades, producer, and a creative fashionable force. I mean granted yes I'm a Gaga lover and supporter but let's be real, there's no comparison.

Gaga is a reference for the Pop world of our time, as far as entertainers I'd only place Beyonce in that same box. Taylor is a product of the world Gaga revitalized. But I'm not bashing Taylor I think 1989 is a great Pop record for what it's worth. 

stateofgaga
9 hours ago, JustTea said:

Gaga. She has way more WW impact and is way more versatile. No shade. :classy:

Do you mean European impact? Because Taylor is absolutely massive in Asia, Oceania, North America, and UK/Ireland. That is a very significant percentage of the world's population. Unfortunately, she did start as country, and that hindered her breakthrough in mainland Europe. She also outstreamed Gaga and all of her peers for that matter in Gaana and Anghami (The biggest streaming services in India and the Middle East). So there shouldn't be any doubt that she's a global superstar, even if she's not massive in mainland Europe. She's been the #1 artist on the IFPI Artist Chart twice, and a local act can't do that... 

Anyways, both will be legends. I love them equally, but reading some of these posts, you'd think Taylor was some artist with lackluster success, achievements, and longevity. The fact is, no female artist in recent memory has had such consistency, especially seven albums in. She was the 2010s female artist of the decade (Something only Beyonce and Mariah have done), she has already achieved so much, and she's only 30. I mean, she's literally a 2x AOTY winner, imagine if Gaga had one, let alone for two different genres! 

JRCF29

I might be biased :ally:

But to me, I connect with Gaga on a whole other level. Even songs I don’t have any irl connection to, I connect to. Idk what it is. Taylor just isn’t- she doesn’t scream “icon” or “star” or “legend” to me

Don't Call Me Gaga

theadamcreator

Sales wise and  breaking records I think Taylor wins, maybe also sometimes with songwriting. But when it comes to cultural impact, relevance, and message I think Gaga comes out on top. Gaga was almost unarguably the most famous person in the world for a few years during TFM and BTW eras and she is also a Fashion Icon and an Academy Award Winner.

JustTea
8 hours ago, stateofgaga said:

Do you mean European impact? Because Taylor is absolutely massive in Asia, Oceania, North America, and UK/Ireland. That is a very significant percentage of the world's population. Unfortunately, she did start as country, and that hindered her breakthrough in mainland Europe. She also outstreamed Gaga and all of her peers for that matter in Gaana and Anghami (The biggest streaming services in India and the Middle East). So there shouldn't be any doubt that she's a global superstar, even if she's not massive in mainland Europe. She's been the #1 artist on the IFPI Artist Chart twice, and a local act can't do that... 

Anyways, both will be legends. I love them equally, but reading some of these posts, you'd think Taylor was some artist with lackluster success, achievements, and longevity. The fact is, no female artist in recent memory has had such consistency, especially seven albums in. She was the 2010s female artist of the decade (Something only Beyonce and Mariah have done), she has already achieved so much, and she's only 30. I mean, she's literally a 2x AOTY winner, imagine if Gaga had one, let alone for two different genres! 

I know that Taylor has insane sales especially in the US, that's the biggest market so it makes sense that she has most sales. But her impact is not on Gaga's level. Gaga is more than a pop star, she's on another level and very successful everywhere even without the most commercial material. Gaga breaks boundaries and that's why she's so legendary. :oops:

ModernEcstasy

What has TS actually achieved (Number 1 albums/singles aside)?

No shade. I’ve just never really followed her career. 

Im pretty sure that she’s had nowhere near as much of an impact as Gaga! Gaga has delved into various roles throughout her career (including politics) and has been successful in all of them!

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, ModernEcstasy said:

What has TS actually achieved (Number 1 albums/singles aside)?

No shade. I’ve just never really followed her career. 

Im pretty sure that she’s had nowhere near as much of an impact as Gaga! Gaga has delved into various roles throughout her career (including politics) and has been successful in all of them!

She was the first country singer to transition into more of a pop route

End Racism Now

Archived