💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why 1000 Doves is my Favorite Song on Chromatica

PrinceOfTheStorm

Featured Posts

GaGaAst
29 minutes ago, Monsterabriel said:

One of my favorites as well! It reminds me of when I had to go to mental hospitals (one was for cutting, and other times were for various scary dark thoughts) were I felt broken and unlovable because of my sick hurtful thoughts against myself and my parents for no reasons (turns out I have a type of ocd that stems from my autism, I got obsessed with certain bad and toxic thoughts and couldn't let it go, I can do it now, but back then I couldn't) I can now fly with 1000 doves!

Your profile rank says - "My biggest enemy is me since day 1". It hit me so hard. We all are here for you. Sending hugs and love :hug:

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatica Island
5 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

Your profile rank says - "My biggest enemy is me since day 1". It hit me so hard. We all are here for you. Sending hugs and love :hug:

Well it is true and I own it as Gaga would want me to do! 911 really hit close to home for me as well! I am doing way better than back in my teen years, I have learned a lot in my life! Replay is another one that hits close to me as well.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

DontCallMeAlice

The ballad version got me choked up, I got chills on my entire body. It is so beautiful. I’m also absolutely in love with the album version and I’m so glad we got both versions. When the tracklist was revealed, 1000 Doves was the one I was looking forward to listen and I’m not disappointed in the slightest. Such a wonderful song :bradley:

Padam.

Quartz

It is my FAVORITE. It's the only song that made me cry. It's definitely the song to dance the pain away. The image of freedom (1000 Doves) is so powerful.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

OP, thank you!!!

I feel so alone over on Twitter, haha. 

It's the first one I heard in my head after waking up the next day after I streamed it for the first time. It's classic Gaga melodically and feels uplifting and bittersweet all at the same time. It's BEAUTIFUL. The fact that she included her demo version means she loves it as much as we do!!

I'm always a sucker for this type of Gaga song, hence why TEOG and Hair and Gypsy and Speechless and are truly my bixches. :messga:

DeanWinchester

I love the song and its message so much but probably unpopular opinion--I like the studio album better because 2000 doves 3000 doves ain't doing it for me. Beautiful piano verses though

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Glamourpuss

It was my instant favourite on my first listen. It's such a beautiful song. :heart:

tezbear91

This song is one of my favourites as well. It’s beautiful, euphoric, emotional  :golfclap:

Also ‘Doves’ were slang for an ecstasy pill in the UK in the 90s. Probably has nothing to do with it but you never know. Thats how I see the song anyways. Everyone sees it as they’re own.  

battle for your life.

GerMonsterNotta

Its really beautiful and honest. Album and I'd even say CAREER highlight. 

GerMonsterNotta
3 minutes ago, tezbear91 said:

This song is one of my favourites as well. It’s beautiful, euphoric, emotional  :golfclap:

Also ‘Doves’ were slang for an ecstasy pill in the UK in the 90s. Probably has nothing to do with it but you never know. Thats how I see the song anyways. Everyone sees it as they’re own.  

I love all these layers of meanings and potential interpretations. 

PlasticDollGirl

It’s in my top 3 on the album for sure. 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Archived