Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Gaga need collabs to be successful now?

LaLuna

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Yes, she need it for commercial success. 
Now time to see Elton's streaming power:ohwell:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oyster

i think there’s a difference between trendy and successful. she can be successful releasing something on her own. but she needs younger more hip artists to be trendy.

Guest Adarsh

Can negative threads be put on a hold for a while? Imagine Gaga coming here all excited and reading this bullshit. 

Genuine Guy 09

She put herself in this position by delivering more with the collabs 

She is more than capable of getting a smash, but the song absolutely has to be of good quality 

ARUTW could've been another massive massive hit however they focused on shallow and shallow peaked late in US. 

So no.. Its just SL was also a song GP didn't like. And for a song GP didn't like it had a 9.5m first day on YouTube and great peaks - so she still has power - it's her streaming power that probably needs a leg up 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Ladle Ghoulash
27 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

So in yesterday's thread that I made, I asked if ROM would've been as successful without Ariana, the answer was a resounding NO. And now I'm noticing how a lot of the positive reactions to Sour Candy seem to come from BLACKPINK fans. SL didn't generate nearly as much buzz as ROM and Sour Candy have. So what does this mean? That Gaga has to make collabs to be successful now? Or was SL just not it and other songs will fare better? (I haven't listened to the rest of Chromatica yet btw). What do you think?

Honestly, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with collaborating. She’s doing what most of her contemporaries have been doing for the past decade. I don’t think it’s really fair to hold her to this standard and act like her work doesn’t have merit or like it’s indicative of her lack of popularity. How many singles w/ features have Bey, KP, Rihanna, and so many others done without being accused of being unsuccessful? It is a business strategy and her stinginess about it has been the part of her ethos for a while, but I think it’s good that she’s loosening her grip and choosing to collaborate. Her success allows her to continue to have a platform to create work and so long as it doesn’t feel like a compromise to the integrity of what she’s doing, I don’t think it’s a problem nor does it reflect poorly on her. 

Sinfullota

To be honest she does. Gaga can be hit and miss and without a good team, marketing and promotion she is not that amazing. I mean let's face it, ROM would never be this succesfull without Ariana and the same goes for Sour Candy, which has a huge K-pop fanbase backing it up.

That leaves the rest of Chromatica, which in my opinion has 3 good tracks on it and even those are generic at it's finest.

rasclautmangos

I don't think ROM would have been as successful without Gaga either.  She doesn't NEED collabs, but it helps. 

I've lost count on the number of collabs Ariana has done. 

Gaga hasn't done enough collabs if anything. Her peers stay hopping on tracks.

Lord Temptation

Are ya’ll forgetting how The Cure got to platinum in Australia/UK in 2017 with zero video or any promo of any sort?

If Gaga wants a hit, she can get one easy. She has an intuition for what people are sensing. This is part of why she is such a great artist. 

Hebi

Haters will always critizice. If she had went solo they would've say their song is a "title+flop" or boring or try-hard or anything. Now that she's feautiring mainstream artists they will say she can't be succesful all by herself ever again. But what it really matters are 2 things: 1. she's still relevant after +11 years of career. 2. we will still love her no matter what and we'll be here to support her. I know she will eventually release many solo singles but now it's not that time, so let's live the present and don't care about what people say but what the numbers says instead. :ohwell:

Guest Adarsh
17 minutes ago, Sinfullota said:

To be honest she does. Gaga can be hit and miss and without a good team, marketing and promotion she is not that amazing. I mean let's face it, ROM would never be this succesfull without Ariana and the same goes for Sour Candy, which has a huge K-pop fanbase backing it up.

That leaves the rest of Chromatica, which in my opinion has 3 good tracks on it and even those are generic at it's finest.

You literally just joined and already started hating? Lol 

Y'all gotta think about the fact a leaked track like SL was a #1 radio hit all round Europe (e.g UK), all on her own, as a woman in her 30s. Once you hit thirty, you go downhill. 
I ain't seeing that downhill yet with her, she's slaying. She ain't Britney, or Katy. She has continually and single-handedly reinvented and saved her her own career several time now. She's a resilient popstar and her strength empowers me in ways words could not describe.

Archived