💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Chromatica: Reviews Thread

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

GABEL

One of the best thing about Gaga is that she's very controversial, that's what makes her different. Chromatica with 75+ score is good enough 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
buzzkill
3 minutes ago, GABEL said:

One of the best thing about Gaga is that she's very controversial, that's what makes her different. Chromatica with 75+ score is good enough 

but the universal acclaim above the 81 score looks so cute for her tho :sis:

gumzy3000

I don't think critics even know what they want from her tbh

trolly troll troll

Anveeroy
2 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

100% agree with this. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

buzzkill
6 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

Exactly, theres no way to please everybody.  

GABEL

It feels like critics are extra mean to female artists
I bet if Gaga has a discography like the weeknd critics will be so harsh on her, saying she doesn't evolve with her sound:toofunny:

Anveeroy
Just now, GABEL said:

It feels like critics are extra mean to female artists
I bet if Gaga has a discography like the weeknd critics will be so harsh on her, saying she doesn't evolve with her sound:toofunny:

Just mean to GAGA. 

If she make an album like Melodrama, critics will say 'WHere iS the ReAL gaGa'? 

Born This Way

Just now, Aarghya said:

Just mean to GAGA. 

If she make an album like Melodrama, critics will say 'WHere iS the ReAL gaGa'? 

Being the most versatile artist in the industry is a blessing and a curse :bradley:

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

JustJames

It's always great as a fan to see your favorite get acclaim/recognition, but Chromatica has surpassed expectations from every POV: lead single #5 (+14 from LG5), 2nd single #1 (+53 / +3 from LG5 pre- and post-SB); she used to be 'streaming poison' yet dominated Spotify and AM on opening day with one of the biggest 1st-day numbers on Spotify from a female artist ever; she is going to clock in with over 200K sales despite being a promo-sensitive (see the jump ^ after the SB for Million Reasons) artist and literally having all promo opportunities stripped due to corona and chaos. 

Metacritic advertises to be something it isn't, even if unofficially by being known as an objective aggregator of critical acclaim. Acclaim is subjective, sure, but how you measure that acclaim doesn't need to be and should NOT be in the case of Metacritic. For it to be a reliable source, it would need to develop its own criteria for who is allowed to submit a review and what that review has to assess. The publisher and individual critics should be reviewed annually and each score should be vetted.

That a score of 0 could be entered and remain unchanged - see BTW's reviews - is proof they've failed. That they assume publishers retain and review their policies and how a 'B' translates numerically - see response to AV Critic's Chromatica review - is assinine. That only a select group of publishers' scores count without any real screening process, that scores of B / 80 / 3.5 stars can all be given vs. a standardized scale, that there is no process for handling albums with 10 reviews vs. 50 or for eliminating the highest and lowest, etc. render it a joke. 

Even the biggest Dua Lipa fan should be able to see that Future Nostalgia is incomparable to The Fame Monster. I mean, < 20 critics reviewed FN whereas Gaga was a worldwide sensation during TF/TFM/BTW days and her work today is still being unfairly dragged down by it. At the end of the day, Gaga has earned 11 Grammys for her work and Chromatica is an amazing comeback that has solidified her legacy.

Anveeroy

Have you seen LG always get a lot of reviews.. Critics love her :billie:

Anveeroy

So, how many reviews we got today which count for MC? 

Vitleysingur

In Chromatica, no one review is more confusing than another. 

vogue GIF

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived