Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

One criticism that all 3 songs share

Mr S

Featured Posts

Mr S
Just now, CautiousLurker said:

I don't think ROM is underwritten tho :enigma:

I do think SL could use a few more passes for sure and FW needs a complete overhaul cuz it lacks any substantive lyrics, but that's not something ROM shares with the two songs, and I'm optimistic that FW has received that overhaul since apparently the demo is quite old :vegas:

I actually think FW has the best lyrics of the 3 lol

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SCHEISSEMONTRE
8 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

I agree with you. Free Woman is the strongest out of all 3. ROM and Stupid Love missing a chorus makes the songs feel so empty and incomplete. They're still good, but they don't compare to Gaga's previous work. Which is should compare since Gaga says shes returning to her roots and the dance floor

I haven't even listen to FW 

Spoiler

cause I never listen to leaks :bon:

Mychal

WhiskeyLikeMisery
32 minutes ago, Suuus said:

A song doesnt need  alot of lyrics to be good

Honestly it's impressive when a song can keep your attention with minimal lyrics because that means the production goes OFF. :rockstar:

CautiousLurker
Just now, Mr S said:

I actually think FW has the best lyrics of the 3 lol

Could you quote a portion of the song that you think actually has substantive lyrics?

Economy

Shallow also has an unusual structure (which I myself at first found odd) but it turned out to be huge and loved regardless

So I don't think it matters :shrug:

Anderson123

I think we're so used to having Gaga songs with long intros and outros that Rain On Me feels "incomplete" for its 3 minutes, being that it starts right with the vocals and ends like right the last second. Bad Romance, Marry The Night, Aura, etc. most of her big single potential songs take a while to start, even Scheiße, one of the shortest songs on Born This Way is 3 minutes and 40 seconds long but takes half a minute to start the singing. I think it's intentional and they want this album to be the standard length, especially in the streaming era. I'm not saying she's going "basic" or "generic" or is here for the charts, this is a body of work that involves several talented DJs, producers and songwriters (Gaga included of course) and it's just the intention of it now. We also have yet to listen to the rest of the album and see how it flows with the 3 interludes. 

Mr S
1 minute ago, CautiousLurker said:

Could you quote a portion of the song that you think actually has substantive lyrics?

I can't find the leak anymore and don't remember the exact lyrics, but I remember liking the first verse a lot, and the second verse was decent too. I really like the "this is my dance floor I fought for" line. I jsut think the verses for the msot part paint an image of a woman getting ready to go to a night club. I also don't find it basic like SL or cliche like some other pop songs.

Mr S
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Shallow also has an unusual structure (which I myself at first found odd) but it turned out to be huge and loved regardless

So I don't think it matters :shrug:

I agree and that bugged me in the beginning too. But Shallow is an exception. It's one of those rare moments of capturing lightning in a bottle. And that scene...

DiskoBaby
22 minutes ago, Candy Gaga said:

Because in that genre the hook is the chorus.

I got into Euro-Dance / Pop-EDM around a year ago and I listen to +50 languages mostly European and even tho I don't understand most of them they're catchy and listenable cause of the chorus which is the repetition of a few words then a drop that can be ethnic , EDM or experimental. That's what Gaga is going for this time the songs are not underwhelming but it's a genre that is appealing to some and others not

I get that that's what she's been going for. I'm just not used to it. Her signature writing has always been explosive stuttering choruses. So it seems strange to not hear that from her anymore.

Even when Rihanna was doing edm pop she still had big choruses in Only Girl and We Found Love and during the chorus the beat hit hard and felt epic.

When Gaga gets to the chorus it just feels underwhelming because not just the chorus isn't strong enough but the "drop" the beat that's supposed to replace the chorus is too light and doesn't explode in you. The beats themselves just sound generic. And a generic beat with a lack of a strong chorus or a beat drop sounds underwhelming to me is all. 

Economy
2 minutes ago, Mr S said:

I agree and that bugged me in the beginning too. But Shallow is an exception. It's one of those rare moments of capturing lightning in a bottle. And that scene...

Meh I don't think it matters. There's no rule that says how a song has to be structured... There's just styles that have become more standard/popular and "normal" but songs don't have to follow that specific formula

The song sounds good to me and that's what I care about

For me shallow was harder to get used to because Shallow is just that unusually structured but even that I got used to

stevana229
5 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

I think we're so used to having Gaga songs with long intros and outros that Rain On Me feels "incomplete" for its 3 minutes, being that it starts right with the vocals and ends like right the last second. Bad Romance, Marry The Night, Aura, etc. most of her big single potential songs take a while to start, even Scheiße, one of the shortest songs on Born This Way is 3 minutes and 40 seconds long but takes half a minute to start the singing. I think it's intentional and they want this album to be the standard length, especially in the streaming era. I'm not saying she's going "basic" or "generic" or is here for the charts, this is a body of work that involves several talented DJs, producers and songwriters (Gaga included of course) and it's just the intention of it now. We also have yet to listen to the rest of the album and see how it flows with the 3 interludes. 

Bad Romance, Marry the Night, Aura and Scheisse all have killer upbeat choruses. that's why they dont feel incomplete 

Anderson123
2 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

Bad Romance, Marry the Night, Aura and Scheisse all have killer upbeat choruses. that's why they dont feel incomplete 

Oh I get what you mean now but yeah, those songs have this big energy that has been part of Gaga's signature sound. Most of her songs have always been over theatrical and trying to be bigger than the previous one, so when I listened to Stupid Love and Rain On Me I felt the same, especially ROM. It was building to something more but ended very sudden, which is strange but I guess it's the way she makes music now. I wonder if it's because more songwriters are involved in the process? We'll see with the rest of Chromatica.

CautiousLurker
12 minutes ago, Mr S said:

I can't find the leak anymore and don't remember the exact lyrics, but I remember liking the first verse a lot, and the second verse was decent too. I really like the "this is my dance floor I fought for" line. I jsut think the verses for the msot part paint an image of a woman getting ready to go to a night club. I also don't find it basic like SL or cliche like some other pop songs.

Welp, I have to disagree - I think, considering the message the song (I presume )is trying to purport, it actually says very little and the messages it does have are so generic and kind of outdated (I don't need no man by my side, Imma do what I want) - it has been done so many times and way better too - it just doesn't add anything at this point... WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN FINE... if some of the writing wasn't straight up sloppy - the way she has to change the emphasis on 'listening t-to me' to make that line fit, and the 'kiss me, too hardly' - that's straight up bad English :bradley:

But hey, if that works for you - all the power to ya - I personally find stuff like that grating, and it takes me out of the experience of the song :vegas:

illbekind
31 minutes ago, NFRockwell said:

Mess at y’all knowing this is a house inspired album and then saying “something is off” because the music is structured like house music. 

This doesn’t make people like house music all of a sudden and it’s also not why people love Gagas music so maybe they are just a bit disappointed. This opinion is a mess. 

Archived