đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana defends herself on IG

Featured Posts

Fanta

I love her, I get it, but Lana has always been tone deaf. 

Also personally, I feel like the artists mentioned get dragged by fans more than critics. Lana gets it from the critics harder, so an open letter format was not bound to work seeing as it won’t apply to most who read it ESPECIALLY because’s she’s very under the radar and no one except fans follows that story. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
T3ARS

Can someone link me to the article or forum where she was getting criticized?

Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

Because I need to know, where is this coming from?  

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

IsItRoman

people on the internet are so dumb omg........ i have seen artists saying that they won't draw lana portraits anymore because of what she have posted..... like??? if you want to "cancel" her just stop for 5 minutes and think of who's gonna really lose something after all....

let the woman sing about how emotionally dependent of man she is......

i can say for sure that feminism can't be about a bunch of little gay kids saying how a woman should present herlsef in her art

auburn
2 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

The cult of celebrity.. Each celebrity is a totem representating a certain group/part of the population, if you hate Beyoncé you hate black women, if you mention Cardi B etc as a white woman, you are a racist, because you represent all white women in America, and therefore in those SJW's minds, they think they have to jump and defend those minorities that are represented thru celebrities, when in fact they are just obsessed with celebrities, not real life. They must definitely feel a rush of dopamine when they write these paragraphs, using fancy words, talking about the history of racism, the history of women in society and relate all of it to one celebrity's 8 defining sentences posted on social media that will forever determine the celebrity's personal beliefs. These people have never spoken about anything else, are either underage, or feel so much pain, anger about their own lives and own struggles that they feel the need to be the hero, for once in their lives 

I mean we are in the midst of a pandemic ffs. People have way too much time on their hands during lockdown. It's always good to call out racism or problematic behavior, but you know, when it actually matters and makes a difference!! Go after problematic people in power, do real activism in your communities, cancel harassers and other disgusting people who inflict REAL pain on people. But no, we all wanna sit around and paint Beyonce and a bunch of other rich artists as a VICTIMS and do collective witch hunts every once in a while because I guess being a mob is fun.

Pray4FameGa
20 minutes ago, Tiny Purse said:

Has azealea banks responded? I saw some screenshots from her twitter but idk if they are real, and her twitter is private. 

Lool, Azealea Banks is COMING u just know it. :ladyhaha:

Pray4FameGa

To people saying why bring it up now, you were winning. It’s clear.

She wants to return to the subject matter of her earlier work, which she has abandoned after getting lashings from the media, critics and public for not fighting the feminist cause.

Maybe her next album is more raw, with lyrics that are going to #trigger the twitter feminists.

IsItRoman
1 minute ago, Pray4FameGa said:

To people saying why bring it up now, you were winning. It’s clear.

She wants to return to the subject matter of her earlier work, which she has abandoned after getting lashings from the media, critics and public for not fighting the feminist cause.

Maybe her next album is more raw, with lyrics that are going to #trigger the twitter feminists.

i am HERE for the next "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" kinda lyrics :vegas:

Tiny Purse
3 minutes ago, Pray4FameGa said:

Lool, Azealea Banks is COMING u just know it. :ladyhaha:

i think lana is a mess for this but i cannot WAIT for this reaction. quarantine just got a whole lot more interesting!!! 

GreekGod
33 minutes ago, weed said:

and the fact that she's dating a cop lmaooo or at least used to be :air:

And?

BLOODANDSEMEN

She didn't need to word it differently; people are so insane. Ugh. They stretched and manipulated her words and intentions.

Jose P

The way angry little stans twisted her words into something else is mind boggling and proof of how little reading comprehension they possess. The message was clear from the very beginning, she didn’t even need to explain herself and the whole situation was blown out of proportion by bitter stans who only saw the mention of their faves and went off lmao.

StrawberryBlond
8 minutes ago, T3ARS said:

Can someone link me to the article or forum where she was getting criticized?

Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

Because I need to know, where is this coming from?  

From the beginning of her career, critics unfairly focused on her persona rather than her music. If you look back at reviews of her debut, there's really not much mention of the music at all. The critics said stuff like she was a millionaire's daughter therefore had clearly bought a record deal and that she was a record industry creation. They said her music was shallow and that she thought it was deeper than it actually was. It was the height of sexism and music snobbery. The critics started being fairer to her when the public took her music to their hearts, however, as critics are known to do - court public opinion on an artist. What Lana went through with her debut was essentially what Gaga went through with AP from a critical standpoint - critics unprofessionally focused on the artist's image instead of the actual music. And throughout her career, she's frequently been criticised for her portrayal of women in her lyrics, her dismissal of feminism and of not being a good role model. And even when she's achieved the best critically acclaimed album of her career, she still can't win a Grammy, so she remains highly underrated, both commercially and critically.

Pray4FameGa
5 minutes ago, IsItRoman said:

i am HERE for the next "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" kinda lyrics :vegas:

Yes! Toast between fans :vegas:

She has uploaded a video of her pole dancing. 

I think after proving the critics dead wrong that she was a one trick pony and getting all the acclaim for NFR she’s going back to her sexy glamorous **** me daddy years. Living for it. :vegas:

IsItRoman
6 minutes ago, Tiny Purse said:

i think lana is a mess for this but i cannot WAIT for this reaction. quarantine just got a whole lot more interesting!!! 

EYkNu4DXYAIh3DX?format=jpg&name=large

Jose P
3 minutes ago, mauvais said:

Lana's actions make this argument so hypocritical. In an ideal world, yes, these wealthy, talented, pretty girls have better things to do than pretend they're persecuted for their art, but Lana literally woke up today and OUT OF THIN AIR named and shamed numerous female artists!? 

Stans did not start this fire as usual but I think it reflects stan mentality is pretty widespread. 

She wasn’t shaming anyone. She was pointing out the fact that those artists could get success singing about what they want but she got criticized and scrutinized for singing about her own topics. That was the point of the post, nowhere did she shame those girls for singing about sexual, that’s just what some of you wanted to see.

Archived