Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shane Dawson catching heat for old blackface videos

Cupid Boy

Featured Posts

myluis617
1 hour ago, Suuus said:

Yes you can Racism exists in every color

I hate that false idea "system of power" like people just want to excuse their racists views. Like how can you say something that is meant to make white people feel inferior and turn around and say "Oh it's not racist because the systematic oppression allows it" 

Like how does that help race relations? You will constantly have people going back and forth being racist to each other. Racism is in every Race. White people get called out on it way more because of the history racists whites have had where they have gone to the extremes. People of color get called out less on it because they don't do it as much and if they do it's not looked down upon. Either way the act of hating another person because of their skin color will always be around because it will always be bouncing back and forth continuing the hate cycle. I believe the excuse of "systemic oppression" will keep burning hate between races.

As a hispanic person I seen, white, hispanic and black people hate each other because skin color. I don't like it one bit and I believe it's racism no matter from what side it's coming from. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Electric Mary

People are such hypocrites ...

this was 12 YEARS AGO. HE APOLOGIZED. End of story.

I swear I wish I could go back in time and see what you saints were doing and saying 12 years ago ...Jesus get a life you’re not canceling anyone , he’s still a rich top who’s going to marry the love of his life and be happy. And you’re just annoying 

Suuus
6 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

I hate that false idea "system of power" like people just want to excuse their racists views. Like how can you say something that is meant to make white people feel inferior and turn around and say "Oh it's not racist because the systematic oppression allows it" 

Like how does that help race relations? You will constantly have people going back and forth being racist to each other. Racism is in every Race. White people get called out on it way more because of the history racists whites have had where they have gone to the extremes. People of color get called out less on it because they don't do it as much and if they do it's not looked down upon. Either way the act of hating another person because of their skin color will always be around because it will always be bouncing back and forth continuing the hate cycle. I believe the excuse of "systemic oppression" will keep burning hate between races.

As a hispanic person I seen, white, hispanic and black people hate each other because skin color. I don't like it one bit and I believe it's racism no matter from what side it's coming from. 

Thats exactly what im saying

NewYorkGirl

As if this is anything new? He has always been problematic / ignorant / racist / and probably still is. I can’t believe people even still pay him attention. 

My. Lawyer. Liked. That.

TRILL MONSTER

these white social justice warriors bring these things up more than actual black people:billie:

Disgusting, shameful, dissapointing, atrocious, abysmal.

(Not Shane, but the fact that people still bring this bs up)

erfaan
7 hours ago, ModernXTC said:

i didnt say anything about reverse racism. as a matter of fact i didnt even mention anything about race. i mentioned societal double standards. 

To clarify my comment, the reason people have a problem with Shane doing this now is because of racism. For Shane, it's a light joke but he doesn't have to worry about going outside on a run and getting shot. 

The reason why it's double standards don't apply is because White Chicks (although I agree with you, it's slightly questionable in its taste) is not racist.

I do agree "cancel" culture is toxic in its own right but I certainly can understand how people can continue to be hurt by this even after he apologized. IMO, I just think he's annoying, problematic and not entirely genuine. 🤷🏽‍♂️

ProfessionalClown

Aaannnddd its about this is ime every year this happens.

He literally made a video years ago addressing it many tinesand has completely stopped production of merch that deals with it (cancel me but I still want a Shanaynay shirt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

And the blackface stuff, he already explained that.

Him saying the N Word was peer pressure from Shanna who was telling him to. Both times he said it was her idea for jokes (The Paris character and during the vlogs when he did word of day)

This is a tired conteoversy where he has constantly defended himself and apologized basically every single year and it just keeps going.

Let the man live. He's doing his thing, he knew what he did was wrong and owned up to it and grew from his mistakes.

People act like change isn't a thing.

ProfessionalClown
55 minutes ago, NewYorkGirl said:

As if this is anything new? He has always been problematic / ignorant / racist / and probably still is. I can’t believe people even still pay him attention. 

You really never paid attention to him have you? He made videos about it, posted a lot about it he's constantly having to drag himself basically and has constantly condemned what he did as disgusting. He isn't the same person he was thise years ago. He's a much better person.

hardcore1996

he got famous off of blackface. i only ever knew of him back them because of ‘shanaynay’ and it was a big part in his rise to fame. and he made merch off it. this is old news but pay your dues

edit: ya he’s explained it but he made a lot of money off it and it was a huge part in his rise to fame so an apology that doesnt include paying what he owes doesnt mean ****.

LilyLark
32 minutes ago, Earthfan said:

To clarify my comment, the reason people have a problem with Shane doing this now is because of racism. For Shane, it's a light joke but he doesn't have to worry about going outside on a run and getting shot. 

The reason why it's double standards don't apply is because White Chicks (although I agree with you, it's slightly questionable in its taste) is not racist.

I do agree "cancel" culture is toxic in its own right but I certainly can understand how people can continue to be hurt by this even after he apologized. IMO, I just think he's annoying, problematic and not entirely genuine. 🤷🏽‍♂️

This. I also think Shane bothers people (more than others who have made bad choices) because it was a lot. On a "bad" scale of 1-10, slurs + blackface is a 10 and it happened multiple times. I get that he apologized and was 18 at the time, but it was still very bad. This wasn't some 19 year old singing the "n" word in a song (which is still racist, but a bad choice that is more understandable). Most 18 year olds know not to do what Shane did back in the day. I wonder if he posted a sincere apology (again) and donated $ to a charity if it might make people let up a bit. I do think, however, "cancel" culture has some issues in its own right like you said.

Archived