💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shane Dawson catching heat for old blackface videos

Cupid Boy

Featured Posts

Aphrodizy26
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Y’all don’t cancel someone as problematic as Danielle Bregoli, but you cancel someone who’s literally apologized for their past a million times? :billie:

I’m not saying his jokes weren’t offensive or awful. They were and they are. That said, he’s changed and he’s apologized for them. I literally don’t know what else y’all want from him and other people who have been “canceled” as well.

why does he still have some of these videos up? Do y’all not get exhausted trying to defend racist ppl? Lmao

We have had discussions on Bregoli numerous times. But you’re further proving the OP right. She hasn’t been cancelled - and the OP is talking about how Cancel Culture isn’t real (at least, I feel it isn’t real until people like the artist) 

And I’m not even saying 100% I believe in cancel culture necessarily but I see people actively stanning Say So (produced by Dr Luke,) and actively stanning and crushing on 69 like he isn’t an entire pedophile.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ally Campana

Sort of off-topic but I find it alarming how common it is for white people to do/say racist things, most of them at a young age. Cause let me tell you, I might have said some dumb sh*t as a kid but it was never a racial slur nor something racist.

On topic, sort of ashamed to say I never knew this controversy about Shane. I used to watch him when he did those conspiracy videos and was actually a fan then. Stop watching him after he did that documentary type video with Jeffree Star. I guess I made the right call after all. 

Does it matter? Damage is done

Bolkins

Youtubers in general don’t really get cancelled because their fan base is contained to the platform. Someone like Logan Paul should of been cancelled like 100 times by now but he’s still going strong because his fans don’t care about his behaviour, same with Shane I guess. If they were both part of the traditional media cycle they wouldn’t of been discarded years ago. 

Noah
5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

What do you mean “it’s so sad how many passes he gets because he’s white”? People have been attacking him for stupid **** like this FOR YEARS.

This has been an issue he will have to always speak up about, because it‘ll always hurt people and if people of color see this and feel offended, they deserve an apology.

I also sort of feel like the “he should collab with a POC to show he isn’t racist anymore” is also just as racist. Like, why only collab with someone because of the color of their skin? Unless he wants to actively collab with someone, he shouldn’t be FORCED to do a video with someone just cause it may look good “PR wise.”

This is not my point. I never said he should do it to ‚showcase he‘s not racist‘. It‘s just that all his storylines he portrays on his channel are to make you feel bad for some white people about dumb **** they did. In his lack of diversity, you can see what you need to see lol. I don‘t need Shane to prove me anything, because in what he doesn‘t do he has proven himself already.

He and Jeffree have already said what they needed to say regarding their past. It’s seriously tiring to see so many people trying to look “woke” for a couple of likes and retweets.

Jeffree called a woman of color a Gorilla the same year he apologized for these actions and made sure she wasn‘t succeeding in the Beauty Industry like before LOL

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Reality
Just now, Aphrodizy26 said:

why does he still have some of these videos up? Do y’all not get exhausted trying to defend racist ppl? Lmao

We have had discussions on Bregoli numerous times. But you’re further proving the OP right. She hasn’t been cancelled - and the OP is talking about how Cancel Culture isn’t real (at least, I feel it isn’t real until people like the artist) 

And I’m not even saying 100% I believe in cancel culture necessarily but I see people actively stanning Say So (produced by Dr Luke,) and actively stanning and crushing on 69 like he isn’t an entire pedophile.

Sure, he could take them down if he wanted, but Shane isn’t a racist person. I’ve been a fan of his for years and I’m still a fan of him, but that doesn’t cloud my judgment. He’s changed his content DRASTICALLY. If he still had videos like that coming out, then yeah, I’d say he’s probably a racist who deserves to get called out, but he hasn’t made a video like the ones people want to “cancel” him for, for YEARS.

I’m also more or less talking about the responses to this thread, not the OP itself.

Dr. Luke and 6ix9ine are a completely different scenario. I believe those two should be “canceled.” But Shane does not belong in that group whatsoever. 

🃏🖤👹

Red

People bring this up and he apologizes for it at least once a year :fail:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

DiskoBaby
14 minutes ago, Blue Lagoon said:

Ah yes let’s not cancel the woman who once did this photo shoot 

heeb.jpg

She actually is Jewish so if anything this was self aware dark humor. 

Aphrodizy26
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Sure, he could take them down if he wanted, but Shane isn’t a racist person. I’ve been a fan of his for years and I’m still a fan of him, but that doesn’t cloud my judgment. He’s changed his content DRASTICALLY. If he still had videos like that coming out, then yeah, I’d say he’s probably a racist who deserves to get called out, but he hasn’t made a video like the ones people want to “cancel” him for, for YEARS.

I’m also more or less talking about the responses to this thread, not the OP itself.

Dr. Luke and 6ix9ine are a completely different scenario. I believe those two should be “canceled.” But Shane does not belong in that group whatsoever. 

Girl i’m so sorry but if you don’t see racism as a negative offense then i’m not going to keep going because you’re just part of the problem in how racist people may say they’ve changed but at the end of the day they really don’t. 

Reality
21 minutes ago, Noah said:

This has been an issue he will have to always speak up about, because it‘ll always hurt people and if people of color see this and feel offended, they deserve an apology.

And he's apologized...numerous times. I don't really understand what y'all want from him. You say that they deserve an apology. Okay well, Shane has apologized year after year. What else do you want?

This is not my point. I never said he should do it to ‚showcase he‘s not racist‘. It‘s just that all his storylines he portrays on his channel are to make you feel bad for some white people about dumb **** they did. In his lack of diversity, you can see what you need to see lol. I don‘t need Shane to prove me anything, because in what he doesn‘t do he has proven himself already.

"All his storylines he portrays on his channel are to make you feel bad for some white people about dumb **** they did."  - Okay?? He's collabed with grav3yardgirl, Jake Paul, Jeffree, etc, and yes, they're all white, but nothing in the content of those series specifically deal with race or the fact that they're white (except for confronting Jeffree's racist past). This is a huge stretch. 

"In his lack of diversity, you can see what you need to see lol." - Again. He's collabed with white people, yes, but what does their race have to do with anything? Just because he's white and most of his friends are white doesn't mean that he should collab with a person of color just for the sake of diversity. 

It's comments like this that create more problems with solutions. If y'all want to bring race into everything, then you can find a problem with literally anything.

Jeffree called a woman of color a Gorilla the same year he apologized for these actions and made sure she wasn‘t succeeding in the Beauty Industry like before LOL

Is that true? I haven't seen it, personally. If that is, that's awful.

I don't follow Jeffree as much as I follow Shane. I only started to like him because of the first series he did with Shane, so I'm not really caught up with all of his drama.

🃏🖤👹

BUtterfield 8
13 minutes ago, Bolkins said:

Youtubers in general don’t really get cancelled because their fan base is contained to the platform.

True

Also does anyone here remember Sam pepper lol

Lord Temptation

I have always found Shane Dawson to be disgusting. Something about him. 

Princess Zelda

He DID NOT **** his cat :toofunny: why can't people understand that

Reality
8 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

Girl i’m so sorry but if you don’t see racism as a negative offense then i’m not going to keep going because you’re just part of the problem in how racist people may say they’ve changed but at the end of the day they really don’t. 

Don't say that I "don't see racism as a negative offense." That's putting words into my ****ing mouth and I don't appreciate that.

Of course I see racism as a negative offense. People should see racism as a negative offense, but the world is not strictly black or white (no pun intended, seriously).

Just because someone has said awful and incredibly offensive stuff in the past doesn't mean that they can't change and grow from it. 

See, this is problem I have with trying to "cancel" people for stuff they've said  long ago. And notice how I said "said." People like Harvey Weinstein, R. Kelly, Bill Cosby, etc, 100000% deserve any sort of negative treatment. Their actions were/are awful and disgusting. That said, I have a problem with "canceling" people over stuff they've said and joked about. 

Look, was what Shane said offensive and wrong? Absolutely. But he is not a racist. He hasn't made that content in YEARS and he's constantly apologized for it. There is literally nothing else he can do. 

The problem here is that we're creating this society that's completely black or white. "Oh, if you said 'x' thing in the past, then you're 100% racist and you'll always be racist." Like, no, darling. That's not how it works. People grow and people change. Just because some people are unfortunate enough to have their entire history displayed on the Internet does not make you better than them. 

🃏🖤👹

does anyone remember that movie, "White Chicks"? Is anyone ever going to talk about that and the societal double standards?

Archived