Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Stupid Love leaves the Hot 100 :air:

Genuine Guy 09

Featured Posts

stevana229

The fact that Gaga kept the SAME lead single (that wasn't even lead single material to begin with) after it fully leaked AND had ZERO live performances is just a horrible choice. Even Free Woman is a WAY better choice for a lead single and we haven't even heard the rest of the album... 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delulu Rogers

Time to move to the next single. SL was an inexcusable choice for a lead and I’m very disappointed that she didn’t even push the song at all. Everyone saying that she would have promoted it had it not been for the virus, there is no reason to believe she would have promoted considering she barely ever does promo anymore, not to mention she still could have filmed piano versions if she wanted to and live streamed them. 
The video is also a choice...

Hopefully Ariana can help create a hit for the album

ToxicHot
16 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

That's what happens when the lead leak a month before the actual release and the music video is disappointing and the lead has zero live performances.

EDIT: This is obviously my opinion, you can totally disagree with it.

This is unfortunately the sad truth. :( 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

JusKeepBreathin
18 hours ago, ICONIQUE said:

It's finally #1 !!!!!!

Hide contents

On Bubbling under HOT 100 chart :billie:

That's not how that chart works. Bubbling under are songs that have yet to make an appearance on the Hot100. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

1ooo d0veZ

It is exceptionally delusional to even think that another Top 5 is on lock this era. Her teaming up with Ariana is the equivalent to Britney getting with Iggy in 2015 and Katy getting with Migos during their peak in 2017. For further context, you can consider Stupid Love her CTTR..but with even less longevity. Any leftover hype Gaga had leaving ASIB going into her 6th studio album/ pop comeback was wasted on SL and it is silly to place so much confidence in that / the fact this is a Ariana collab . Its not reign of the pop girl 2010 and this ain't Telephone 2.0.

No, I won't elaborate. I just told you.

TimisaMonster

If I were Gaga and Interscope...I would treat Stupid Love as a buzz single and HARDCORE reboot the era with either Rain on Me or Sour Candy FAT!!! 

I still don't understand why they chose such a weak song as her official pop comeback single...flop

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

TimisaMonster
19 hours ago, beabeaxo5 said:

The MV is basic though, a bunch of colour coordinated dancers doing choreography in the dessert? 

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF by MOODMAN

Like Perfect Illusion on an ARTPOP acid power rangers trip :smh:

I LOVE GGD
19 hours ago, Fame IV said:

The music video is great, don't start that discussion again. Most of you don't like it because it was shot on Iphone, but if Gaga didn't tell you wouldn't even know that. The video is campy, colourful, the dancing is great and the visuals too.

200.gif

ice bear
7 minutes ago, Guapo said:

200.gif

those face stickers were ready to fall off weren't they :billie:

ice heard one side from above

TimisaMonster
7 hours ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

Can't stop laughing at you guys think we're getting ROM as a second single, much less more singles.

So she's gonna just release the album? No singles? She has 2 videos already filmed lol...so AT LEAST 2 more are expected and it's already been confirmed ROM was filmed and most likely will be the 2nd single 

theahsfan
2 hours ago, 1ooo d0veZ said:

It is exceptionally delusional to even think that another Top 5 is on lock this era. Her teaming up with Ariana is the equivalent to Britney getting with Iggy in 2015 and Katy getting with Migos during their peak in 2017. For further context, you can consider Stupid Love her CTTR..but with even less longevity. Any leftover hype Gaga had leaving ASIB going into her 6th studio album/ pop comeback was wasted on SL and it is silly to place so much confidence in that / the fact this is a Ariana collab . Its not reign of the pop girl 2010 and this ain't Telephone 2.0.

As you were told on ATRL, it depends on the quality of the song. It's a banger. It has an Ariana feature. It has a music video ready. It was an organic collab too, unlike Katy x Migos or Britney x Iggy, and both of the latter in those pairings are rappers. 

Genuine Guy 09

Loving these comments guys 

We have to be realistic about our fave. A reverse Chromatican discussion experience

This was a massive mis step and she has put herself on the back foot releasing ANOTHER flop lead

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

LilyLark
29 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Loving these comments guys 

We have to be realistic about our fave. A reverse Chromatican discussion experience

This was a massive mis step and she has put herself on the back foot releasing ANOTHER flop lead

A top 5 with several weeks in the top 40 is a flop? It's not a massive hit, but SL had a decent run...especially when you considering the situation (weak MV, massive leak, pop not being as popular anymore, ageism, Gaga's weak streaming #s, etc.). It's not 2011 anymore, she's not going to do those numbers. Even Shallow, which was a huge pop cultural moment, didn't break the top 5 until after the Oscars.

Harry Styles did 10x as much promo as Gaga and couldn't even crack the top until recently & then fell right back out of it, Katy had a surprise pregnancy reveal in her MV that was covered by every media outlet under the sun and couldn't chart, & Beyonce barely charted with Spirit and only has had high charting songs when she hops on features in the past several years. And let's be honest, Katy was  bigger than Gaga back in the day.

TLDR: I don't understand the metrics you are all judging her by when she does better than some of her contemporaries.

LilyLark
42 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

As you were told on ATRL, it depends on the quality of the song. It's a banger. It has an Ariana feature. It has a music video ready. It was an organic collab too, unlike Katy x Migos or Britney x Iggy, and both of the latter in those pairings are rappers. 

There's a lot of competition & pop rarely charts high nowadays unless it's a) a super safe ballad or b) trap/rap pop. But yeah, I agree it's not crazy to think she'll get another top 5.

*FW sounds amazing, but doesn't come off as GP friendly imo. ROM might be amazing but if it's not GP friendly.....

Archived