news

'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT III

FATCAT

Featured Posts

WhiskeyLikeMisery

Is anyone else streaming Gaga's discography all day tomorrow? I always love watching old performances and interviews on her release days. 

• Replies 34.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LoveMatica

Oh and the countdown is back for me this is going to make the waiting harder for me :saladga:

ARTPOP
2 minutes ago, Steccazero said:

I died when she said that she still hasn't sent the album to Elton :deadbanana:

He will leak it by accident:saladga:

COME ON GAYS!!

Mr Oak
2 minutes ago, Dawson said:

Gaga said she has this album on lock so hoping for no album leak until the very end 

probably the interview was done many days ago

they need the album to make the CDs

Modern Ecstasy2
1 minute ago, Louie said:

y'all need to calm down, its just an interview.... 

We’re excited for new content lol

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

I just want to say this;

This interview has made me love this woman even more. I struggle with my mental health and have cut myself in the past and have scars like she does. The way she spoke so openly about trauma and her past really does inspire me. We put so much pressure on this woman and we shouldn’t. She’s allowed to make mistakes. She’s allowed to **** yo sometimes because she’s human like you and I. 

She doesn’t owe us anything, she isn’t in debt to us. I wish people would stop putting pressure on her and demanding she does things. And the long wait makes way more sense now. She obviously needed to go through **** to get where she is now. And as a stan I’m over the moon that she’s eluded in the interview she’s back in her creative space again, she evens says she would write songs like she used to in the beginning so that means we’re in for an amazing album, a gaga era where she finally is the IT girl again. But as a fan of the woman herself I’m happy that she’s finally in this space, that she can let go of all the trauma in her life and reclaim what’s hers mentally. 

Because she is right, at the end of the day we shouldn’t chase attention online for the likes because it doesn’t validate us whatsoever. It’s how we feel and if I’ve had to wait 4 and a bit years to listen to songs which make me dance and feel empowered then it’s worth the wait 100%.

I am so proud of her and so happy that she is happy again. She looks and even sounds like she is in a really good place and I hope that continues, she deserves the world. 

Thank you Gaga for being one of my biggest inspirations and helping me through dark times and thank you for continuing to do so. 

:bye:

🙋🏼‍♂️

WhiskeyLikeMisery
1 minute ago, Hydrangea said:

Boy I sure am glad I can get healthcare so now i can afford chromatica, the 6th studio album by lady gaga available on May 29th 2020 with new hit single “rain on me” set to release May 22nd 2020 

Stream stupid love :vegas:

Drag me. :giveup:

Hybrid AT

Posting the interview highlights from Popjustice in a spoiler. Proceed with caution.

Can't wait to watch this one.

Spoiler

-Zane says that since ARTPOP she hasn’t been making dance music. She said she felt turned around in life and hadn’t been dancing. She was trying to make sense of her humanity within the music industry that objectifies her.

-The bulk of the album was made inside a computer. She played with modular and normal synths. She’d input the stuff she wrote on the piano and they’d play with it and manipulate it.

-The last act of the album is Sine From Above and Babylon - they use “Sine” because the music healed her to be able to dance her way out of the end of the album singing Babylon, a song about gossip - something that used to run her life.

-Fun Tonight means a lot to her and chokes her up. There were many nights people who loved her were trying to get her to smile and have fun and she had no ability to be happy. But then she’d write music and listen back and ask why it was so fun and happy.

-Mark Ronson is only interested in making music that asks what the artist wants to say - which is what Joanne was. Constantly challenging her for what she really meant and wanted, which was an album for her Dad. No matter how much success she has, she couldn’t fix her Dad and his pain.

-She decided to lean in to her problems instead of running from them. Writing the lyrics and melodies is how she used to write, a cathartic experience.

-Sine From Above is paying tribute to the sound saving her like it used to.

-Zane calls Rain on Me a smash. Ariana called Gaga a supportive, generous collaborator, going into the experience giving others a safe space to be a part of the music and experience.

-Gaga says she and Ariana connected right away and she was so wonderful. She asked Ariana what she needed and how she wanted to do things. Gaga was sitting at the console as they vocally produced Ariana’s work. She asked Ariana to forget everything she cared about as she sang. Gaga said she’d dance in front of Ariana as she sang and Ariana started to do different things with her voice.

-Ariana was very open to trying things she hadn’t done before in the video since she trusted Gaga - it was a healing process for Gaga. She didn’t have a female artist to mentor her as she came up, but she feels she can for Ariana.

-Gaga said that Ariana has been through some tough, hard life testing stuff. Her ability to move on - when she came into the studio, Gaga was still crying and Ariana wasn’t. Ariana gave Gaga her number and was being friendly with her - Gaga was too ashamed to hang out with Ariana since she didn’t want to project her sadness onto Ariana. Ariana called her out on it and said she was hiding - which was true. A true friendship blossomed between them from there.

-Rain on Me is also a metaphor for the amount of drinking she was doing - “I’d rather be dry” is dual.

-She’s flirted with the idea of sobriety but isn’t there yet.

-Free Woman stuck with Zane Lowe due to the earworms in the song but also the fact she’s taking control of her narrative. He thinks the “Dancefloor I fought for” verse is one of the best on the album. 

-She felt a need to reference her gender because even though she has disdain for attributing gender and sexual identity to personalities, it was important due to her sexual assault. The song has compounded her feelings about life and the world and the struggles she’s had. 

-The lyrics to Free Woman are the same as the demo (cheers to that ladies). 

-She could cry about the album process but now feels strong enough and feels good enough.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Hydrangea

There’s a lot of attitude in here tonight :triggered: 

what do you all gain from acting so entitled? You can’t possibly wait? It has to be Now? It’s just an interview it will come. Just breathe and take a break from the thread if you’re getting annoyed 

I’m a bad friend

Dawson
Spoiler

Zane was really really insistent on how much of a smash Rain On Me is :air:

stevana229
5 minutes ago, hhennywise said:

Free Woman is also not available and we all heard it

Y'all need to make it happen idc :koons:

thisssssssss

Hennycomb
Just now, Louie said:

y'all need to calm down, its just an interview.... 

yet it's already your avi

I wanna hear gaga talk she has been tweeting nonsense for the past months

StarstruckIllusion
Just now, WholesomeOOf said:

Guys the interview will be out soon, calm down.

Calm Down Season 5 GIF by Outlander

There’s literally spoilers everywhere this is not okay. Apple Music literally ruined the interview.

• FATCAT locked this topic
  • FATCAT unpinned this topic

Archived