💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is BLACKPINK's success is of what level?

Red Velvet

BLACKPINK is successful  

59 members have voted

1. 1. But at what level?

Featured Posts

GABEL
55 minutes ago, Enzo said:

They are pretty local I think 

And in US as of now, they are still growing in popularity :oprah:

I would say C going into B 

They are not popular in South Korea

They are more successful in other Asian countries 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enzo
1 minute ago, GABEL said:

They are not popular in South Korea

They are more successful in other Asian countries 

I-

They really D list :billie:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

MaryJaneHolland

Somewhere between B and C. They don't release often and that either makes it worse or makes it better as in their comebacks are eventful.

As someone said, B- is appropriate.

1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

fam, they have appearances on GMA and late night shows. that is the work of interscope.  People know them. They have sold out arena shows, those won't be possible with the work of stans alone :billie:

More over, their fanbase is very dedicated. They actually bought space on Times Square, New York billboards to just say Happy Birthday to each members. Not just one or two, but 11 of them, like shown below for Lisa and BP anniversary . Which is cute, also give them a promo in a way too, since Times Square is popular street in NYC. Not even LM have ever do that :billie:

DZOz3UcXUAA7TSj.jpg

DkH3MmeUcAAoJk0.jpg

I feel like buying an album is enough and tweeting happy birthday. Buying space in Time Square is pretty stupid :ohwell: Definitely agree with the fact that only stans know and support them. The gp in Korea and other Asian countries might be more supportive but I feel like elsewhere they’re pretty unknown. Also where is the source stating that the fans paid for these TS spaces?? And also also did you mean 11 billboards or 11 members?? :billie:

GABEL
1 minute ago, Enzo said:

I-

They really D list :billie:

they are still popular in most Asia countries and also considered one of the most successful K-POP group, just not in their own country.
that's why they don't even have their own album because they are not popular enough in South Korea.
But on the other hand they are very popular in other countries(China, Thailand....etc) you can see them doing promo and  everywhere
so maybe A list in Asia, B list in Korea, C to B in other countries

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

I feel like buying an album is enough and tweeting happy birthday. Buying space in Time Square is pretty stupid :ohwell: Definitely agree with the fact that only stans know and support them. The gp in Korea and other Asian countries might be more supportive but I feel like elsewhere they’re pretty unknown. Also where is the source stating that the fans paid for these TS spaces??

it is not stupid, it is grand. K-Pop stanning is whole different level. The grander the better. The mentality is if you really care about your faves then show it, and not just talk about it. Buy the albums, attend their shows, stream their youtube video, especially in  first 24hr of its release, and do little things like these billboard things. 

Many popular K-Pop acts even have their own super obsessive fans that will follow them around the world to take pictures of them. Complete with serious photography gadgets. They don't need the press just to have pictures archives. And it is encouraged by the artists labels, too. Also, here is your receipts: 

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/lisa-billboards-in-times-square-celebrating-birthday/

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/01/one-dedicated-fan-pays-for-a-billboard-ad-in-times-square-for-black-pink-jennies-birthday

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

OBEY
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

fam, they have appearances on GMA and late night shows. that is the work of interscope.  People know them. They have sold out arena shows, those won't be possible with the work of stans alone :billie:

And so did artists like Halsey during her first album era Badlands. she sold out the Madison Square Garden; doesn't change the fact that she was pretty much unknown and had not really any mainstream hits during this era. :oprah: 

2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

it is not stupid, it is grand. K-Pop stanning is whole different level. The grander the better. The mentality is if you really care about your faves then show it, and not just talk about it. Buy the albums, attend their shows, stream their youtube video, especially in  first 24hr of its release, and do little things like these billboard things. 

Many popular K-Pop acts even have their own super obsessive fans that will follow them around the world to take pictures of them. Complete with serious photography gadgets. They don't need the press just to have pictures archives. And it is encouraged by the artists labels, too. Also, here is your receipts: 

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/lisa-billboards-in-times-square-celebrating-birthday/

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/01/one-dedicated-fan-pays-for-a-billboard-ad-in-times-square-for-black-pink-jennies-birthday

All of what you just said just sounds like unhealthy obsession.To think that if you love someone’s art you should spend your last cent of them and spending your time replaying their videos and following them around is not normal and definitely not a “mentality” anyone should have or be praised. I don’t even do that for Gaga who is my favorite artist because buying the album and seeing her live now and then is enough support in my opinion. I also need to live my life and not spend all my money to make someone else rich and more famous. So grand? Maybe. Stupid? Definitely.

1 hour ago, Runway said:

Beyonce a list lmao

Not you typing this under you rock. :ohwell:

Archived