Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ryan Tedder: It’s “Tone-deaf” to release an album right now

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

Featured Posts

Seeka
8 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

Said on a forum devoted to a pop musician :toofunny:

I'm here to talk to people more than anything else. 

But if you're stuck inside and you have internet, and all you can think to do is listen to music, it is sorta sad. 

You can learn a new language. 

Start a new hobby. 

Play videogames. 

Listen to podcasts. 

Read books. Or manga. 

Like there is so much to do. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GGDisbetter

Oh f*ck off. He's clearly just another money hungry idiot. Music is the one thing helping me to escape from how f*cked up the world is (specifically future nostalgia, sawayama and fetch the bolt cutters). 

Oyster
28 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

Meanwhile if you go to iTunes right now there are a handful of artists releasing music including well known names like Demi & Sam Smith. But alright. And we’re not talking about releasing this moment. Clearly that ship sailed for Gaga. 50% of commenters on this thread didn’t even see my question which was: Would this logic still apply to Gaga assuming she releases in June? A week ago everyone was all excited for the June release and now all of the sudden she’d been the devil if she releases in two months when things are on the path to getting better and after she raised almost 100 million dollars for the pandemic. Make it make sense :saladga:

Obviously it doesn’t apply to every single artist lmao but the ones that are smart and attune i believe are postponing 

whore
46 minutes ago, Tyler Henry said:

Glitter soundtrack

I always mix them up :messga: the titles are basically the same in my mind

StarstruckIllusion

The 👏 L 👏 G 👏 6 👏 era 👏 is 👏 so 👏 dead :party:

SMILE2NE1
5 hours ago, Bradley said:

Thank you!

People who say 'music brings us joy' 'music heals' fail to recognise that there are other ways of doing it too. Chromatica or any other new releases WILL still come, but why must it come now?

5 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

Sis you’re making too much logical sense. People here don’t tolerate that. 

Logical people unite! 

Just think about all the hundreds of hours of meetings, thousands of dollars invested and effort of probably hundreds of core team members, vendors and partners that went into planning the launch. This would also include co-marketing and media agreements with events, corporations, publications, institutions as well as other artists and their creative teams. In addition to that, think about the work of Gaga's core creative team to build the branding for the new era, set and stage design and production, stylists and a sequenced plan that would have taken months to prepare. 

The pandemic would mean that any of this that would have not been purely online would have been sunk, It is not as simple as dropping an album on Spotify if you have already build a holistic launch plan with multimillion investment in both the core launch and partnerships creating major complexity as well as dependencies. 

At the end of the day, neither decision is more right than the other in the eyes of the public. But the person who has put most effort into the plan and has most at stake with the plan is Gaga and she can make the decision as she pleases and people should respect that. 

ItWasntLaauv

Keep it lol, I’ll be busy listening to Charli XCX’s album that she started making during the quarantine from scratch and is releasing during the quarantine. :vegas:

VictoriaWinters
10 hours ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

Lmao. I’ve actually ignored you weeks ago but for some reason made the bad decision to show your post (thinking you would actually contribute something) and totally regret it. The initial thread actually had little to do with Gaga. Almost everyone is over that the album didn’t come in April and the June rumors seem true. I’m excited actually!  So that thesis was IMMENSELY pointless. What’s troublesome is your insistence of commenting even longer than the actual thread on your high-horse and your head up Gaga’s a$$ constantly defending literally NOTHING. We’re having a discussion about music being released in G E N E R A L right now. If this was about Chromatica or Gaga I would’ve posted it in the appropriate thread. Thank god I won’t be able to see your response to this. 😂

Remember when you said @InstantDejavu was being rude to other people on page 1 for having an opinion? :billie: Just admit that you can't handle people having a different opinion then you and go.

Xoxo, Victoria

blankpaper
1 hour ago, Seeka said:

But if you're stuck inside and you have internet, and all you can think to do is listen to music, it is sorta sad. 

Start a new hobby. 

Play videogames. 

Listen to podcasts. 

Read books. Or manga. 

Lots of people connect with music on a level beyond just liking it. You clearly don’t. You don’t need to put down people who do just because you don’t understand it

Plenty of people think playing video games and reading manga is sad :reductive:

reality’s tight if the music is right

Judas Society
2 hours ago, blankpaper said:

Lots of people connect with music on a level beyond just liking it. You clearly don’t. You don’t need to put down people who do just because you don’t understand it

Plenty of people think playing video games and reading manga is sad :reductive:

I believe @Seeka only meant that there are other things to do when you're on lockdown other than just listening to music. Your statement is the one that is putting people down.

Connection to music is strong, some even depend on music for therapy. We understand that. But must it absolutely be new music? Must it absolutely be new music from Lady Gaga? She has other music in her discography. If you're feeling bored of her old music, then you aren't exactly in dire need for music to save your mental health, isn't it? There are also other old music to be discovered, which can be considered new if you have not heard it before.

Fusel

I respect every artist's postponement decision 100% because it is hard work and you deserve to earn the fruits from it. What this guy's doing is a cover-up. He and his label would lose profit and he's making it this moral thing. There is one condition under which releasing music would truly be tone-deaf, as in actually offensive culturally. That is if your music has no genuine human core let alone soul to it and only and exclusively serves commercial interests in an attention economy, as in trying to turn a crisis into money or attention. Obviously most recording artists walk a thin line between genuine expression and sustaining a corporate function. If that condition I described applies to you, though,  maybe your artistic integrity has bigger problems and your music has been potentially tone-deaf for a very long time.

gagaisitalian
17 hours ago, brownie said:

Why couldnt she release an ep or something now and the whole chromatica later to promote? Why couldnt she release chromatica now and record a new album while stuck inside? She recorded large sections of BTW the album on a bus, she can do it in her HOME STUDIO...hell, she could’ve at least released a new single to tide us over. 

Instead ya’ll are acting like this is her last album and last chance to promote anything ever. Nah fam, what is stopping her from releasing this and then making a new album to properly promote next year after this is over? Literally the only reason here is money, pure and simple. But people like Ryan call it “tone-deaf” since they don’t really wanna say “we figured out releasing now means less money”. 

Like just look at his other quotes — he explicitly says they didnt release a new OR song bc he thought it was a smash and wouldn't do as well now. Bling not the music lol

Because she doesn't want to.

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
8 hours ago, Seeka said:

Start a new hobby. 

Play videogames. 

Listen to podcasts. 

Read books. Or manga. 

That’s fine. And I respect your opinion. But you and other commenters are missing the mark turning musicians words against some of us. “I feel bad for people who need music so bad” like what? You serious? You don’t know peoples at-home situations currently and music and Gaga’s music in general means a lot to them. Luckily I have other hobbies. I write. I have my own podcast. So the advice just seemed a little rude at first. I wanted peoples opinions on what he said. Not suggestions to keep ourselves occupied outside of music. Sorry if it wasn’t meant to be taken that way 🤷🏻‍♂️

Electric Mary

I think it depends on the artist. 

Gaga, for example doesn't just "release" an album, we all know that and that's why we love her. There's the iconic performances, the interviews, the tour, the public appearances and amazing promo all around the world ....she is a POP and MAINSTREAM artist, she isn't part of some garage band that can release an album and go to sleep. So yh I kinda agree with him, specially if you're a famous/relevant artist like we all know gaga is :coffee:

Archived