💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ryan Tedder: It’s “Tone-deaf” to release an album right now

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

Featured Posts

Economy
27 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

Statistically thing can get very worse. Pandemics are unpredictable. 

@ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY I agree with joannesrats

Too small a fraction of the population has been infected to be able to say the worst is over

We talk about flattening the curve but the curve has barely even started tbh. Even some relaxations of standards could start another surge larger than this one

There's no reason to assume the worst is over. U could maybe say the worst is over for this first wave... But it doesn't meant a worse surge can't happen

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woweeeee 2020: artists think sharing their art is begging for money :lolly:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Chesescake
36 minutes ago, Sid said:

woweeeee 2020: artists think sharing their art is begging for money :lolly:

I think it's call Industry, and it's existing for quiet long.

ltlmnstr
6 hours ago, RickMonster98 said:

so yeah, they're basically saying "come buy my stuff, check me out":billie:

It’s a CHARITY single

They didn’t profit off it

It’s a donation to the Red Cross

How did you not read what’s in front of you?

Judas Society
4 hours ago, Seeka said:

What's with you guys and music? Is music really the only thing you guys can turn to?

That really sorta sucks. 

Anyways, it's up to every individual artist to decide whether or not to release, and there are arguments on both sides. And ignoring whatever argument the other side has so you can be happy says more about you than anything else. 

Personally? I don't care if anyone releases music. I have a book catalogue larger than the library of Alexandria. 

And I still need to catch up on Night Vale. 

I know right? It's like, the only thing to get people through is just music? I'm wondering what else do they do in their daily life at home other than just music. Honestly, I've been listening to so much old stuff (like past albums I haven't listened to) that it doesn't bother me that Gaga isn't releasing music at this time.

But then again, I also live in a place where we're not really under lockdown, just encouraged not to go out unnecessarily. So I can't comprehend those who have been under lockdown for months. I just had a four day weekend holiday where I just literally stayed home the entire weekend. Time passed so quickly when all I do is clean my room, watch Netflix and listen to albums that has already been out. I feel like, if I'm under lockdown, I'd be exploring so much more music and movies that I won't have time to discover otherwise.

Anyway, I just wish people don't take it so personally when an artist isn't releasing any new music. Dua didn't even want to release her album. But she was practically forced by her label and the fact that her entire album was leaked in full quality. Releasing it was a business decision. Not that she wants her fans to have something to bop to under quarantine.

He's right. Imagine releasing a "feel good" happy song when people are anything but happy. It's tone deaf and I'm so glad LG postponed. People will always cite Dua Lipa as an example but the only reason she didn't postpone is because some moron leaked her work. I'm glad she seems to be doing decently because no one deserves that. The Weeknd was able to release early enough. The **** was still in the process of hitting the fan and we hadn't grasped the fallout yet when he released. 

PartySick

I think there's perfectly valid arguments for and against postponing albums really.

It's a real commercially uncertain and morally grey area :sweat:

You're going to have people that view postponement as an album's death. No commercial buzz because by the time it comes out, we've known about it for ages. Also, how can they keep this art away from us at a time we can use it most? How can you justify postponing an album right now? :toofunny:

At the same time, it's perfectly valid to say it feels icky when someone puts out a body of work that generally requires you to either buy it directly or use a paid service to enjoy it during a pandemic. Not to mention, normal promo will be impossible. Concerts are not happening, TV shows are cancelled, even day to day travel is discouraged. How can you justify dropping and promoting an album right now? :toofunny:

💚

gypsy101
19 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I think there's perfectly valid arguments for and against postponing albums really.

It's a real commercially uncertain and morally grey area :sweat:

You're going to have people that view postponement as an album's death. No commercial buzz because by the time it comes out, we've known about it for ages. Also, how can they keep this art away from us at a time we can use it most? How can you justify postponing an album right now? :toofunny:

At the same time, it's perfectly valid to say it feels icky when someone puts out a body of work that generally requires you to either buy it directly or use a paid service to enjoy it during a pandemic. Not to mention, normal promo will be impossible. Concerts are not happening, TV shows are cancelled, even day to day travel is discouraged. How can you justify dropping and promoting an album right now? :toofunny:

tv shows are not cancelled, who told you that?

Katsuki Bakugo

Beyonce just release and album already and prove him wrong.

the only thing tone deaf is me rn after these fake gaga Leaks. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Alannah
24 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

tv shows are not cancelled, who told you that?

I think it's more so because they have to delay productions and we'll see a decline in new content. i.e. Stranger Things

2School4Cool

Honestly I agree. I respect and can totally understand differing opinions on this but I totally get what he’s saying. I know a lot of people say “well, there’s always people dying,” which is true, but this is totally different, this is a pandemic like our entire planet hasn’t seen in a century, I think it’s smart to hold off on releasing music. Plus there’s so much that goes into making an album. From sound engineers, to the people who design the album packaging and print the CDs and lyric booklets and vinyls, and with all of that comes the salaries of all of these people at the label who often depend on the release for their salary. It’s smart to watch the data of how many people are listening to new music to decide whether or not now is a good time, plus there’s so many more important things right now than a new album. I understand being disappointed though. I’ve been excited for Gaga, OneRepublic, and Sam Smith to release their new albums and it’s a bummer to now have to wait for all of them, but I respect their decisions.

See The Best In Everyone

Omar Vela

Gaga has already done so much for this problematic so... She has the moral authority to release Chromatica in May-June ;3

Battle 4 Ur Life
25 minutes ago, Omar Vela said:

Gaga has already done so much for this problematic so... She has the moral authority to release Chromatica in May-June ;3

THIS.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Archived