💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

New Haus Labs short film (FANMADE)

funkmedowntown

Featured Posts

56 minutes ago, Mr Ricky said:

You can have different ideas on kindness. But that's not what I was talking about at all. I was literally saying that this was just basic and there was no newness to me. It's just the same old vision we get to see. 

I applaud them for making it though. :vegas:

How would you have done it? There is only kind of one way you can portray such a preachy message tbh

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus
5 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Oh wow :triggered: i get why Gaga distances a little bit more from fans nowadays

i distinctly remember Maikeeb claiming to be "rich" because he had a knockoff Birkin with him at all times :rip: it really was a messy time. Gaga was the closest she's ever been with fans in 2013 and well... there's a reason she keeps her distance now and lives in a gated community in LA.

Mr Ricky
1 minute ago, Rio said:

How would you have done it? There is only kind of one way you can portray such a preachy message tbh

You could have put in people who look upon you like you're trash, without using the violence. And while they are doing that, you just keep doing your thing and be the flawless person you are.  :vegas: That's an idea; not giving a single **** about what other think of you. Keep spreading your wings. 

Crossfit

15 minutes ago, Mr Ricky said:

You could have put in people who look upon you like you're trash, without using the violence. And while they are doing that, you just keep doing your thing and be the flawless person you are.  :vegas: That's an idea; not giving a single **** about what other think of you. Keep spreading your wings. 

Most people do not have that mentality unfortunately. Most people care about comments, so I guess they wanted to address that, I dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️ That's a great idea though, they should use it for the next one

Schwerk

About the video: I love the idea of a short brand film, but to me this missed the mark. The story is too simple and doesn't feel genuine. Feel like ****? Here, have some concealer. There is true power in make-up and I understand the sentiment very well, especially since I have a lot friends that do drag or men and non binary friends that love to wear make-up. They all have some some truly heartwrenching eye opening and sometimes funny stories. Wish stories like that would be used instead of this.

I do love the way its shot, love the colour story and the lead character is very charismatic.

About Marc:

I hope people realize that people can change.

Yes, I saw people like Marc, Diana, Eric and Maikeeb act like pretentious assholes, cutting in front of people in line, just because for some reason Gaga preferred talking to them as opposed to other, less obnoxious fans that waited for her everywhere. 

But remember they were young then and this was years ago. 

I don't know Marc personally, but I see he's very professional when it comes to his career. Maikeeb also managed to become a successful stylist. Gaga meant a lot to them for inspiring them  to do down that creative path and I love that.

Its what she always days at her shows, I don't want you to leave here loving me more, I want you to love yourself more. She loves to see her fans succeed and make their own dreams come true. Not bitter fans raining on others parade.

But just because they've grown up doesn't mean they aren't still shady, I just hope they aren't.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Pennywise

This whole thread snapped me back to 2013 so hard that I lost my wig along the way :air:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Pennywise

Also I refuse to watch that and put myself through more "kindness" :billie:

It's like hearing about "art" during the ARTPOP era. It got old so fast that now the word is starting to lose its meaning :triggered:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Mr Ricky
5 minutes ago, Marjol said:

About the video: I love the idea of a short brand film, but to me this missed the mark. The story is too simple and doesn't feel genuine. Feel like ****? Here, have some concealer. There is true power in make-up and I understand the sentiment very well, especially since I have a lot friends that do drag or men and non binary friends that love to wear make-up. They all have some some truly heartwrenching eye opening and sometimes funny stories. Wish stories like that would be used instead of this.

I do love the way its shot, love the colour story and the lead character is very charismatic.

About Marc:

I hope people realize that people can change.

Yes, I saw people like Marc, Diana, Eric and Maikeeb act like pretentious assholes, cutting in front of people in line, just because for some reason Gaga preferred talking to them as opposed to other, less obnoxious fans that waited for her everywhere. 

But remember they were young then and this was years ago. 

I don't know Marc personally, but I see he's very professional when it comes to his career. Maikeeb also managed to become a successful stylist. Gaga meant a lot to them for inspiring them  to do down that creative path and I love that.

Its what she always days at her shows, I don't want you to leave here loving me more, I want you to love yourself more. She loves to see her fans succeed and make their own dreams come true. Not bitter fans raining on others parade.

But just because they've grown up doesn't mean they aren't still shady, I just hope they aren't.

True words here guys. 

I do remember Marc & Maikeeb being 2 pretentious people just because they got to stick around with Gaga most of the times. And as Marjol stated, they were young and both are now adults doing what they love to do. Atleast I hope so and do hope attitude has changed alot aswell. :vegas:

Crossfit

FameHookah
38 minutes ago, gagzus said:

he was a super fan whom along with his group of friends essentially stalked Gaga when she lived in New York City, at one point they became her main NYC fans that she liked but as time went on and Twitter got bigger about 6 years ago, they started thinking they were influencers and thought they invented gay terminology. They even went as far to say that Gaga's whole Little Monster sayings and symbolism were childish and attempted to convince us Gaga disowned those traditions in 2013. Him and his friends started being rude to people online and in reality, he turned on Gaga after it was trendy. She blocked him and him and his friends never got invited to any of her events since and then she moved to Malibu. He's attempting to be an actor, his friend is a stylist (whom also claimed to have gave Brandon at the time "style tips" despite not having any style himself :rip:) and the other main one was on RadioARTPOP but eventually stopped being friends with the host and now is trying to be a singer. 

Yep he claimed that he invented "yasss mama" as far as i can remember.. eww he's still an a$$ as far as i've seem on twitter, so this video and him is a big yikes.

WTF is MDNA

Regina George

Just gave it a look.. So the message is.. Cover your imperfections and then you’ll be happy? :billie:

Antoni
11 hours ago, boy from nowhere said:

Hey guys! I'm the writer/creator of this short. For context, I brought Marc on because he was a part of another LGBT short I did and was excellent working with actors & crafting story. He's a super respectable, professional guy and cares a lot about his craft, and a superb actor. We wanted to do justice to this story and worked alongside others as well to make sure the messaging is responsible.

My production company is https://www.crimsonedgecreative.com

and you can read more about the project there. Personally for me, Gaga is who I have to thank to my filmmaking career now, tracing back over 10 years in high school where she inspired me with her art to explore film. Now I own a production company, working as a cinematographer in the film industry, and hope to use it as a platform to spread messages like this. So this is a cathartic experience to be able to come full circle with this short. 

I know we can't please everyone and but thank you to those who this resonates with! I know some people are sick of seeing hauslabs and hearing 'kindness', but we hope you see this for more than a commercial and see the passion of everyone behind it.

I thought the commercial was great except for how much of it focused on Stupid Love. The storyline made me emotional, and while I see where other people are coming from re: taking a serious topic and making it about concealer, I know the impact makeup can have on someone feeling allowed to be themselves and I think it works. I also think the message that kindness starts with loving ourselves is too true. The reason everyone hated Marc and Maikeeb and Radio ARTPOP was jealousy, even before they did things worth being disliked for. We all could have checked ourselves before we wrecked others if we had a real grasp of mental health and self-love. 

If the mods (hey @FATCAT) treated all members here equally, the people bashing your creative work and 2013 fans including Radio ARTPOP (hi, that was me) would receive warning points for harassing other members. It's delusional what most people can get away with saying here. If everyone knew you well as a member before they knew you as this video creator, the mods would be responsible and enforce the rules like they've done to me just based on the assumption that I was being negative towards a member. 

My name isn't Timmers

elijahfan
15 hours ago, funkmedowntown said:

Edit: Please don’t hate on any other monsters in this thread. Marc, the director and writer of the video, is a good friend of Gaga

Ok, let's not exaggerate... The last time I saw him, he was camping outside Gaga's NY apartment with his clique, just like the rest of us. But I think it's nice that he's using his professional skills and channelling those in something related to Gaga. Let's just say it's a nice way to be hearing from him.

FATCAT
5 hours ago, Timmers said:

I thought the commercial was great except for how much of it focused on Stupid Love. The storyline made me emotional, and while I see where other people are coming from re: taking a serious topic and making it about concealer, I know the impact makeup can have on someone feeling allowed to be themselves and I think it works. I also think the message that kindness starts with loving ourselves is too true. The reason everyone hated Marc and Maikeeb and Radio ARTPOP was jealousy, even before they did things worth being disliked for. We all could have checked ourselves before we wrecked others if we had a real grasp of mental health and self-love. 

If the mods (hey @FATCAT) treated all members here equally, the people bashing your creative work and 2013 fans including Radio ARTPOP (hi, that was me) would receive warning points for harassing other members. It's delusional what most people can get away with saying here. If everyone knew you well as a member before they knew you as this video creator, the mods would be responsible and enforce the rules like they've done to me just based on the assumption that I was being negative towards a member. 

We are volunteers that dedicate our personal time to moderate the site. Some moderators are essential workers, risking their lives just going to work every day and then spend time they don't have to help the site.  I don't think you've been slighted or unreasonably warned, but if you think that's the case you're free to open a support thread. As far as any posts in this thread, we are not all-seeing and all knowing. Tagging us in a passive aggressive complaint is not only disruptive to the thread topic, but it could easily be overlooked. If you see a post that you think breaks our guidelines, please report & if it's disrespectful or flamebait don't respond in kind. 

Purr more, hiss less.

Was this authorized by Haus Labs? Because if not, if I were them, I would ask to remove this. Even though I understand it was done to share a positive message, the whole message comes out the wrong way and it could hurt the brand.

Archived