đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy is having a girl!

Spyro

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I think it's a little extra to not even be able to get excited and enjoy the moment of discovering the sex of the baby cuz we gotta be gender neutral on everything :triggered:

I think what they're getting at is- what is there really to be excited and have a moment about? genitalia? because the sex is not really indicative of what the person will turn out to be like.

♥ Kindness Police.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spyro
2 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

And I think it’s a little extra to be upset about people stating facts lol 

Just because your right, doesn't mean you're not a jerk (to put it lightly).

Spyro the Dragon

Jose P

Of course this thread had to go south. Sex reveal parties are completely inoffensive people, and parents do get excited over knowing the sex of their babies, let them. Who cares about f*cking colors, I’m sure if the child ends up identifying as something else they will get support from their parents. This is a traditional thing that causes no harm whatsoever. Like chile.

Economy
14 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

I think what they're getting at is- what is there really to be excited and have a moment about? genitalia? because the sex is not really indicative of what the person will turn out to be like.

It has significance still

Social construct or not our society is saturated with it in virtually every aspect (were socially interactive beings so that's not surprising) and no one is above it, even the ppl who like to act like they aren't influenced by social constructs

Yes some ppl do not conform to stereotypes of their sex and as long as the parents can accept the child for who they are (as I'm sure Katy would all good)

But trying to say it's uneventful to me is trying WAY too heard to seem gender neutral

The vast majority of ppl still identify their gender with their sex. So the sex gives u an indication of a very high probability of some of the stuff u can expect

It's not irrelevant.

Not trying to start an argument here or anything but in my opinion I think some progressives are starting to over think everything these says in the quest to be morally superior. Not everything has to matter

Ppl get exited to find out the sex cuz it's still a major thing. As long as they aren't overly dead set on specific expectations, I don't see the problem

ALGAYDO
4 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Just because your right, doesn't mean you're not a jerk (to put it lightly).

Honey if my comments triggered you to the point of you painting me out it be jerk for posting light-hearted facts, then maybe the internet isn’t the best place for you babe lol

littlepotter
24 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

well, to be honest, sex reveals aren't very important.  the only information we really know about the child is that is has a vagina... lol kinda useless.  the concept of sex vs. gender comes into play here.  biologically, the baby has a vagina which means the baby is female.  now, many people do not understand that gender is a social construct, and will assume the baby's gender along with its biological sex.  LOL its complicated

but you'll notice right away, Katy used pink hearts, pink being a feminine color- now you can give birth to a male or a female, but we shouldn't go and assign masculinity or femeninity to them right away. keep it neutral and let the kid see which end of the spectrum they lean towards.

for example, me being a male growing up, my parents bought me toy trucks put me in sports, all the masculine boy stuff- all because I had a penis. if I had a vagina they would've probably showered me in "girl" stuff like barbies, dance class, you get my point.  I grew up thinking something was wrong with me because I had a penis, and yeah I identified as a boy, but I didn't like typical "boy" toys or activities. 

bottom line, what im trying to say is that we shouldn't teach children there are "boy" things and "girl" things and it all starts with the colors pink & blue and "gender" (really sex) reveals. thats were the problem begins. it'll go right over everybody's head because its seems so SILLY AND LITTLE AND MINUT, but really, its just the start of gendering our kids.. 

It's not like I don't agree with what you have to say. But you know what will definitely make people not take gender issues seriously? Criticizing someone for using hearts while announcing their baby. 

chaeri pls

Spyro
1 minute ago, ALGAYDO said:

Honey if my comments triggered you to the point of you painting me out it be jerk for posting light-hearted facts, then maybe the internet isn’t the best place for you babe lol

L-M-F-A-O thank you, I needed that laugh. 

Spyro the Dragon

littlepotter
9 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

In an ideal world. But this is not an ideal world and sex very much is an indicative of what a person will turn out to be like. 

chaeri pls

ALGAYDO
3 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Of course this thread had to go south. Sex reveal parties are completely inoffensive people, and parents do get excited over knowing the sex of their babies, let them. Who cares about f*cking colors, I’m sure if the child ends up identifying as something else she will get support from her parents. This is a traditional thing that causes no harm whatsoever. Like chile.

Literally nobody in this thread is upset except for those who don’t like social constructs being brought up tho lol everyone staying theses facts are also stating that it’s not a big deal and that they’re happy for Katy and everything lol 

ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, Spyro said:

L-M-F-A-O thank you, I needed that laugh. 

I’m so sorry for being a trigger. I promise I’ll stop just for you lol 

TropicOfCANCER
40 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Katy, gender is a social construct. Your baby may very well like trucks and cars and other masculine toys. But I’m sure she’s the type of parents who knows this and will let her child do whatever makes them happy. She may be kind of a cúnt when it comes to the music industry, but there’s no doubt in my heart that she will be an amazing mom. I’m honestly so excited for her :kara:

Gender is, but sex is not. 

Rat Boy

Please change the title to "Katy is having a person!". 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Nuggets
1 hour ago, Gracious Gaga said:

well, to be honest, sex reveals aren't very important.  the only information we really know about the child is that is has a vagina... lol kinda useless.  the concept of sex vs. gender comes into play here.  biologically, the baby has a vagina which means the baby is female.  now, many people do not understand that gender is a social construct, and will assume the baby's gender along with its biological sex.  LOL its complicated

but you'll notice right away, Katy used pink hearts, pink being a feminine color- now you can give birth to a male or a female, but we shouldn't go and assign masculinity or femeninity to them right away. keep it neutral and let the kid see which end of the spectrum they lean towards.

for example, me being a male growing up, my parents bought me toy trucks put me in sports, all the masculine boy stuff- all because I had a penis. if I had a vagina they would've probably showered me in "girl" stuff like barbies, dance class, you get my point.  I grew up thinking something was wrong with me because I had a penis, and yeah I identified as a boy, but I didn't like typical "boy" toys or activities. 

bottom line, what im trying to say is that we shouldn't teach children there are "boy" things and "girl" things and it all starts with the colors pink & blue and "gender" (really sex) reveals. thats were the problem begins. it'll go right over everybody's head because its seems so SILLY AND LITTLE AND MINUT, but really, its just the start of gendering our kids.. 

I understand what you're saying and I agree with you but don't you  think you're reading too much into this? It's just an emote... :emma:

Plus, as somebody has said before, if the baby ends up identifying as something else she will definetely get support from both Katy and Orlando, I'm failing to see the problem here.

Favorite McDonald's Snack

Archived