Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Sam Smith to rename album, pushes back release

adamsenigma

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Never announce a new release date and then cancel it again. I don't know when that hasn't been the death knell for an album. Sam's already been promising this album for over a year, it had singles released but it wasn't clear if they were stand-alones or for an album. Promises is on it and that's from 2018. When you're relying on singles that far back, ones in which it wasn't even your song in the sense that it didn't have your name first, you know you're relying too much on past hits to sell it. Changing the title and possibly some of the songs is a bad sign. Art is made in the current time, with the current mood. It wasn't made with coronavirus in mind and years from now, no one will remember when the album came out and what was happening around that time, they'll just care about the music. Don't compromise your art just to please people in the here and now. A mere 2 years from now, no one's going to care about the title. The new Bond film is delayed but it's still called No Time To Die. Because all that matters is the movie, not the date in which it came out and what that phrase connotated at the time.

I hope Gaga waits until late on to announce a date when she's absolutely ready and doesn't go back on it. It's the quickest way to lose fans. And don't change a thing about the songs. Then we'll be forever wonder what was intended and what wasn't and if it could have been better or worse. I just want albums in their original conception, no changes made.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

Welp he’s changing the date again for an album that has had like 3 singles out for more than a year. He should just change the name of it and release it. The fans are going to be so bored of it and ready to move on by the time it’s out. 

littlepotter
2 hours ago, Cookie Tookie said:

So why is it “inappropriate” to title an album To Die For suddenly? 

Because there's literally a ****ing pandemic and people are dying at way faster rates than usual. What kind of mental gymnastics do you have to make to pretend this isn't obvious?! 

2 hours ago, Cookie Tookie said:

You’re going to continue to see me call it out. PC is not just political. It’s pervasive throughout all domains of society. 

People die on a daily basis by the thousands. So why is it “inappropriate” to title an album To Die For suddenly? It’s literally a figurative phrase :saladga:.  Let’s not be selectively outraged. I would have respected him more had he stuck to his original vision and stood by it instead of compromising his art for acceptability.

But it is what it is, good luck to him and this album, whatever it ends up being called. I’ll be waiting for Chromatica whenever it ends up being released.

This is about DECENCY. Not right or wrong, like you're making it out to be, along with political correctness. It just wants people to be decent and not assholes, nothing more. Is it wrong to make light of someone dying? No. Does it make you an asshole? Yeah. Just try going to a funeral and telling the mother of the deceased "oh your cake is to die for". Is it funny? To me, yes. Does it make you an asshole? Yes.

Is it wrong for you to repeatedly misgender Sam on purpose? No, no one gives a **** and it doesn't affect anyone. Does it make you an asshole? Yes, absolutely, because when a person gently expresses that a certain way to address them makes them feel better about themselves, you literally lose nothing by doing it. Yet people like you decide to make it an oppressive thing, as if you were "lying to yourself" by calling them "they". No you're not, it's literally just about being cordial and fostering a nice environment, nothing more. 

Him titling his album To Die For would have generated some raised eyebrows, but certainly not oUtRaGe. It's not like it would be killing people. It would just make him look like an asshole. And it's not "inauthentic" of him to change it, it's just being tactful.

chaeri pls

Chromatic Lover
5 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

It’s literally in the first sentence and I just woke up go away :madge:

Drag it :ally:

HeavyPunkLover

He, oops, they love to changes the Name of things lol.

(it has become so difficult talking about him... ehm... hir?)

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

zakariah

this reminds me of the backlash kesha got for die young back in 2012 lmao

"To Die For" was such a nice album name though and the song was beautiful. Oh well...better not name it something super basic like "Sam" or whatever lol

HookerOnAChurch

I supposed he's going to change the album cover too. I'm fine with a new album cover, this was like: "you can see that i'm gay because i'm a man with make up" and to me it was a wrong message.

RAMROD
8 hours ago, Alan123 said:

Welp he’s changing the date again for an album that has had like 3 singles out for more than a year. He should just change the name of it and release it. The fans are going to be so bored of it and ready to move on by the time it’s out. 

18 minutes ago, HookerOnAChurch said:

I supposed he's going to change the album cover too. I'm fine with a new album cover, this was like: "you can see that i'm gay because i'm a man with make up" and to me it was a wrong message.

Sam smith is not gay, they have been out as non binary. And the pronouns for them are: they/them/theirs. Please quit misgendering them. Please respect it as you wish people respect yours. :flower:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Anderson123
4 hours ago, dit said:

"To Die For" was such a nice album name though and the song was beautiful. Oh well...better not name it something super basic like "Sam" or whatever lol

Inb4. "Us, We Are Sam... The Elusive Chanteouses".

MonsterPaws
15 hours ago, SchwineLove said:

This is actually a cool name. Like a colorful trauma. Trauma in chromatics.

It could be like a sonically dark B-side to Chromatica.

Teletubby
6 hours ago, dit said:

"I AM THEY"

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Archived