Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Sam Smith to rename album, pushes back release

adamsenigma

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster
1 hour ago, JINNOCIDE said:

'To Die For' is really a bad title to put out on a time like this :deadbanana: that's unfortunate

Kesha "Die Young" teas during Sandy Hook school shooting...single flopped so hard they even censored the song :selena:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter
1 hour ago, Cookie Tookie said:

This is laughable. This PC nonsense is stupid. Music is supposed to be art and unapologetic, and to change the name of your album just because of the situation we’re currently dealing with is a spineless thing to do. I miss the days where people stood behind their art and didn’t have to alter it for approval or to seem politically correct.

How many times am I gonna see you complain about "PC nonsense" around the forum :triggered: This has absolutely nothing to do with politics. It has to do with ****ing decency and humanity! People are literally dying by the thousands! PEOPLE ARE DYING. This is not something to take lightly. 

chaeri pls

alsemanche

Can y'all at least not misgender them regardless of how you feel about them or their music or their decisions? Yikes...

Soft, soothing, and succulent

37 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Sam Smith's pronouns is they/them/theirs. Can we respect their wish and call them that, please? It isn't hard to do.

We can not expect the entire world, many of which don't care one way or another about Sam Smith besides what they hear on a radio, to know what pronouns Sam Smith wants people to use. 

Just saying. :runhug:

Anveeroy
1 hour ago, Killa said:

This is the second time i read this name and it sends me to somewhere around venus and chromatica. you guys

1 hour ago, SchwineLove said:

This is actually a cool name. Like a colorful trauma. Trauma in chromatics.

1 hour ago, Mister G said:

Why do I like that name better than Chromatica? :lmao:

1 hour ago, Magneto said:

I HOWLED:ladyhaha:

22 minutes ago, Economy said:

That's a good name. We should call it that from now on :emma:

A NAME IS BORN :billie: (Although I have heard this name from another source) 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

littlepotter
7 minutes ago, catsandlabneh said:

Can y'all at least not misgender them regardless of how you feel about them or their music or their decisions? Yikes...

7 minutes ago, Doot said:

We can not expect the entire world, many of which don't care one way or another about Sam Smith besides what they hear on a radio, to know what pronouns Sam Smith wants people to use. 

Just saying. :runhug:

chaeri pls

shelby loved

Does Sam Smith not realize that people are dying all the time from preventable illnesses, homelessness, and hunger? Smh.

🐚

2 minutes ago, 666 said:

Does Sam Smith not realize that people are dying all the time from preventable illnesses, homelessness, and hunger? Smh.

I'm assuming it's all to avoid a PR backlash due to being "insensitive". 

Cookie Tookie
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

How many times am I gonna see you complain about "PC nonsense" around the forum :triggered: This has absolutely nothing to do with politics. It has to do with ****ing decency and humanity! People are literally dying by the thousands! PEOPLE ARE DYING. This is not something to take lightly. 

You’re going to continue to see me call it out. PC is not just political. It’s pervasive throughout all domains of society. 

People die on a daily basis by the thousands. So why is it “inappropriate” to title an album To Die For suddenly? It’s literally a figurative phrase :saladga:.  Let’s not be selectively outraged. I would have respected him more had he stuck to his original vision and stood by it instead of compromising his art for acceptability.

But it is what it is, good luck to him and this album, whatever it ends up being called. I’ll be waiting for Chromatica whenever it ends up being released.

Floppy
2 hours ago, Cookie Tookie said:

This is laughable. This PC nonsense is stupid. Music is supposed to be art and unapologetic, and to change the name of your album just because of the situation we’re currently dealing with is a spineless thing to do. I miss the days where people stood behind their art and didn’t have to alter it for approval or to seem politically correct.

I do agree with this although it's hard to not give a **** and just drop things because the labels are going to force you to do things that will avoid backlash. He probably didn't have much of a choice same with every other artist who is dealing with delays and pushbacks. I'm sure his label stepped in and was like "that title has to go":spin:

Floppy
1 hour ago, 666 said:

I'm sure he does but it's probably label push back to avoid him being "cancelled" or whatever on Twitter and in the media. 

Sherloid Bai

same font since 2014 u aren't mariah carey luv

ELECTROHEART

Another album that I was excited for is delayed, f*** you corona .

And hey, they're really doing a LG5-Joanne

:lolga:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Delaney Elias

Understandable. They know what they're doing and made a good call. They probably would have gotten a lot of hate if they released it with the title "To Die For" at this time.

Delaney

Archived