đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ceremony | Madonna Discography

Hades

Featured Posts

shoful
9 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

No I didn’t but VOGUE (boring reworked version) doesn’t deserve #1 but the original, forgotten disco version does:saladga:

Vogue disco version? Elaborate!!

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shoful
9 hours ago, Aarghya said:

You haven't sent rates for Madonna debut album :awesome:

Tag me in it Bitch! :ally:

2 hours ago, shoful said:

Vogue disco version? Elaborate!!

this was the original version released as a single but Madonna reworked it to be more jazzy to fit the album I’m breathless 

shoful
5 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

this was the original version released as a single but Madonna reworked it to be more jazzy to fit the album I’m breathless 

I think thats the version i listen to? :oprah:

50 minutes ago, shoful said:

I think thats the version i listen to? :oprah:

If you listen to the CDs pressed before the album or the 7” singles or the YouTube video yes, if you listen to the album or 12”, most likely no

The version that got released on the album is very different & was made more jazzy to fit the album

https://open.spotify.com/track/27QvYgBk0CHOVHthWnkuWt?si=I9lZHFsmT4q8BeLvOIQbsQ

shoful
1 hour ago, BadGurlMadge said:

If you listen to the CDs pressed before the album or the 7” singles or the YouTube video yes, if you listen to the album or 12”, most likely no

The version that got released on the album is very different & was made more jazzy to fit the album

https://open.spotify.com/track/27QvYgBk0CHOVHthWnkuWt?si=I9lZHFsmT4q8BeLvOIQbsQ

What about the one on Immaculate?

they sound almost the same to the vidoe u posted?

20 minutes ago, shoful said:

Wait what? No, have you heard the intro and background? The one with the string intro/background is the reworked version 

Try and compare them side by side

insight
9 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

The video version, which features the album version was released one week later following the single release. She never reworked it to fit the I'm Breathless album.

insight
56 minutes ago, shoful said:

The IC version intro is longer and same goes for the breakdown after the rap. Not to mention the IC version was mastered using the Q Sound 3d technology at that time and sounds different from the album version.

There's also the official Japan edit that has a different fadeout ending.

4 minutes ago, insight said:

The video version, which features the album version was released one week later following the single release. She never reworked it to fit the I'm Breathless album.

Yeah? The version that was released on the early CD singles and 7” singles overall was originally planned as the B-side for Keep It Together, but they decided that the song was too good so they gave it its own release, and the first recorded and original version was the single version as I mentioned above. When the release came, Madonna had started working on her new album, inspired by the movie **** Tracy, and from what I’ve read Madonna wanted the song on the album so she made a jazz-ier version for it to fit the album. The Vogue video was first shot with the single version btw and here’s some early behind the scenes. A music video was planned for the original version but scrapped to the album version

Pretty disappointed that Hung Up is #1. It's a fun song, but the auto-tuned vocals in it kind of grate my ears. I would have loved to see Like a Prayer, Papa Don't Preach, or Vogue take the #1 spot.

androiduser
On 3/30/2020 at 8:46 AM, BadGurlMadge said:

The intro is really weird and irritating, everything starts so suddenly... don't hear any major differences later on, I just hear glaring differences in the two intros

insight
On 3/30/2020 at 7:13 PM, BadGurlMadge said:

Yeah? The version that was released on the early CD singles and 7” singles overall was originally planned as the B-side for Keep It Together, but they decided that the song was too good so they gave it its own release, and the first recorded and original version was the single version as I mentioned above. When the release came, Madonna had started working on her new album, inspired by the movie **** Tracy, and from what I’ve read Madonna wanted the song on the album so she made a jazz-ier version for it to fit the album. The Vogue video was first shot with the single version btw and here’s some early behind the scenes. A music video was planned for the original version but scrapped to the album version

The first recorded version was the album/video version. Later it was edited for the radio airplay and released on the cd single.

She finished recording the I'm Breathless album in march 1989 and it was set aside. Vogue was added to entice people into buying the album and boost sales.

26 minutes ago, insight said:

The first recorded version was the album/video version. Later it was edited for the radio airplay and released on the cd single.

She finished recording the I'm Breathless album in march 1989 and it was set aside. Vogue was added to entice people into buying the album and boost sales.

Girl what?

This is the B-side version (single version) which was intended to be on Keep It Together but they decided that it was too good. This version was also recorded first as it was edited to be released on a 7”

The other version was recorded after they decided to give Vogue its own single release

http://www.madonna-decade.co.uk/vogue1.html

I’m not trying to fight but I’m just trying to explain how it went from a B-side to a single, and that it wasn’t planned for the album at first

insight
7 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Girl what?

This is the B-side version (single version) which was intended to be on Keep It Together but they decided that it was too good. This version was also recorded first as it was edited to be released on a 7”

The other version was recorded after they decided to give Vogue its own single release

http://www.madonna-decade.co.uk/vogue1.html

I’m not trying to fight but I’m just trying to explain how it went from a B-side to a single, and that it wasn’t planned for the album at first

I agree. What I'm saying is that the intended b-side version was always the 4.49 one and was recorded first. The single version 4.19, was released afterwards to radio and fearured on the cd single. 

Archived