💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: Dua Lipa 55k

Arturo

Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, Arturo said:

So did I, I predicted 98k in the charts thread. But HDD has spoken. They’re not going to have a 100% error. They hardly even have 25% errors.

Given the fact they didn't even mention her, is it a possibility that they did not account for FN to be moved forward and they didn't actually include it in this article for this week? 

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
17 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Can we have comparison with others who released this year?

I was hoping someone else could lol I wasn’t making an argument one way or another. I saw another source say she had the second highest first day album streams for a female this year (I’m assuming Halsey was the first). But if this is 6,000,000 streams for all 11 songs combined, that’s not too great. For comparison SL did that for one day streams of the song alone. 

Arturo
1 minute ago, Deagan said:

Given the fact they didn't even mention her, is it a possibility that they did not account for FN to be moved forward and they didn't actually include it in this article for this week? 

Nope. 

Buzz Angle’s first day report shows Future Nostalgia well under 5SOS, Pearl Jam, The Weeknd, and other albums. 

Buzz Angle is to HDD as Nielsen is to Billboard.

https://www.buzzanglemusic.com/charts/albums/

TortureMeOnReplay
2 minutes ago, Deagan said:

YES with it being very clear that we were comparing units FROM streaming. Totally fair comparison was made. 

Shallow's streaming numbers won't save Gaga in this comparison though, cuz if you count her complete deluxe and consider those 7m+ streaming equivalent album units, she also outsold ASIB and ARTPOP in her "first era". 

You really do make the funniest comparisons lol. ASIB did AMAZING for a soundtrack. And ARTPOP came out before streaming REALLY took off. ARTPOP was a thing before Apple Music existed lol. But if you really want to compare sales, Gaga's "flop" ARTPOP era outsold Dua Lipa WW. And if you want to go even further, TFM has sold more copies in the U.S. than DUA LIPA has WW.

So to summarize it for you, you can make all the low punches at Gaga over her niche releases you want. But you know you cannot compare Gaga's debut to Dua's without Dua getting the s*** stomped out of her. Which is why you go for streaming. Dua will be lucky to ever have 17 million albums sold. Please bookmark me and quote me if this site is still up by the time Dua achieves those sales.  

2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Nope. 

Buzz Angle’s first day report shows Future Nostalgia well under 5SOS, Pearl Jam, The Weeknd, and other albums. 

Buzz Angle is to HDD as Nielsen is to Billboard.

https://www.buzzanglemusic.com/charts/albums/

Am I missing some info about 5SOS / Pearl Jam's power? The Weeknd? None of this make sense to me.

That chart is for friday only. if you take 20-26 as dates The Weeknd is #1, where he is supposed to be, no? 

Arturo
3 minutes ago, Deagan said:

Am I missing some info about 5SOS / Pearl Jam's power? The Weeknd? None of this make sense to me.

That chart is for friday only. if you take 20-26 as dates The Weeknd is #1, where he is supposed to be, no? 

Yeah the chart is for Friday only. The only day we have data for so far. Sir, it’s not that hard to comprehend. FN will do somewhere between 40k-55k at the absolute maximum.

2 minutes ago, justhislife said:

You really do make the funniest comparisons lol. ASIB did AMAZING for a soundtrack. And ARTPOP came out before streaming REALLY took off. ARTPOP was a thing before Apple Music existed lol. But if you really want to compare sales, Gaga's "flop" ARTPOP era outsold Dua Lipa WW. And if you want to go even further, TFM has sold more copies in the U.S. than DUA LIPA has WW.

So to summarize it for you, you can make all the low punches at Gaga over her niche releases you want. But you know you cannot compare Gaga's debut to Dua's without Dua getting the s*** stomped out of her. Which is why you go for streaming. Dua will be lucky to ever have 17 million albums sold. Please bookmark me and quote me if this site is still up by the time Dua achieves those sales.  

Now here's the problem: who ever compared debuts? I never made a single claim about debuts or general all-time career sales. I said Dua Lipa outsells Gaga in this day and age (streaming). We can argue about ARTPOP outselling Dua Lipa WW, though. Joanne was released after "streaming really took off". Nevertheless, when did streaming really take off according to you? Gangnam Style? 

3 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Yeah the chart is for Friday only. The only day we have data for so far. Sir, it’s not that hard to comprehend. FN will do somewhere between 40k-55k at the absolute maximum.

Then I sincerely question their first day report (and the aligning prediction for #1 and #2 next week) if they base it on just friday, as I also see no mention of The Weeknd (or is he also going to debut <50k?).

GipJo
3 minutes ago, Deagan said:

The Weeknd still has all songs in TOP 50 AM US, Dua only has 3 singles in TOP 100 AM US.

The weeknd still has all except 1 songs in TOP 72 SPOTIFY US, Dua rn only has 6 songs above TOP 72 SPOTIFY US.

5SOS has 20 US tour bundles. Dua has none. The Weeknd snatched 160K bundles sales in his first week, with 40 US tour bundles.

Pearl Jam has been #1 iTunes Album since release and FN stays in #2.

Arturo
2 minutes ago, Deagan said:

Then I sincerely question their first day report (and the aligning prediction for #1 and #2 next week) if they base it on just friday, as I also see no mention of The Weeknd (or is he also going to debut <50k?).

All predictions for albums have ALWAYS been based on Friday numbers. Literally all of them.

Of course they didn’t mention the Weeknd on Saturday’s prediction. It’s not a DEBUT. This is its 2nd week. They only post TOP DEBUTS on Saturday. Their first full predictions come on Monday or Tuesday in which the Weeknd will be there and quite far above Future Nostalgia, as expected along with 5SOS and Pearl Jam.

Also they never predicted 5SOS to be #1 and Pearl Jam to be #2 next week. Reread the article. The Weeknd should be #1 again but it wont be mentioned until Tuesday.

pedrohemg
54 minutes ago, FutureNostalgia said:

Dua's debut sold 4 Million Worldwide

Again someone comparing Dua's debut to Gaga's 5th album. Obviously because you don't dare to compare against The Fame (her debut).

TortureMeOnReplay
1 minute ago, Deagan said:

Now here's the problem: who ever compared debuts? I never made a single claim about debuts or general all-time career sales. I said Dua Lipa outsells Gaga in this day and age (streaming). We can argue about ARTPOP outselling Dua Lipa WW, though. Joanne was released after "streaming really took off". Nevertheless, when did streaming really take off according to you? Gangnam Style? 

I'm comparing debuts, if we wanna be fair here. If you wanna take some weak-ass metric (streams) and present it as the biggest factor to go by, you can be delusional about it. You're gonna be real quiet on the 7th of April when Dua's FN numbers come out and she couldn't even beat Gaga's C2C overall first week sales. ARTPOP did outsell DUA LIPA WW. And yes, Joanne was released after streaming took off. I can't tell you what its first week streaming sales are. If you want me to say when streaming took off, I'll be generous and say with the launch of Tidal :billie: that was before Apple Music came out.

Arturo

Anyways I’m going to stop speaking on this until the full Top 20 predictions are out in a couple days.  All I’m going to say is what are the chances that HDD’s has a massive error in their predictions for one of the albums gays care about and can’t believe it would do anything less than their expectations. Very close to zero. 

TortureMeOnReplay
3 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

Again someone comparing Dua's debut to Gaga's 5th album. Obviously because you don't dare to compare against The Fame (her debut).

@FutureNostalgia where did you get the 4m number from?

lgaga1fan
2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Anyways I’m going to stop speaking on this until the full Top 20 predictions are out in a couple days.  All I’m going to say is what are the chances that HDD’s has a massive error in their predictions for one of the albums gays care about and can’t believe it would do anything less than their expectations. Very close to zero. 

Exactly. Ironically, the only person that HDD usually predicts wrong is Gaga (Mainly Joanne and ASIB).

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived