Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Ariana: Where to Start?

Bubblegum Bitch

Featured Posts

LUCARTPOP

If you like 90s R&B, I suggest you start with "Yours Truly". One of the best debut albums to be quite honest! My favorites are: Honeymoon Avenue, Tattooed Heart, You'll Never Know and Better Left Unsaid. 

If you're more into pop music with hints of 90s R&B, then "My Everything" is probably the one you should start with! My favorites: Love Me Harder, Only 1, Intro, Break Your Heart Right Back & My Everything.

If you love synthheavy, bassy songs that have THAT commercial IT factor, I suggest you start with "Dangerous Woman". My favorites: Touch It, Knew Better / Forever Boy, Be Alright, Into You & Thinking Bout You!

My favorite album "Sweetener" is her most experimental album, but it's truly a "healing" type of album that was definitely needed for Ariana. It is in my opinion her most cohesive album and consists of all type of songs, R&B ballads, synthheavy pop songs and carefree and fun Pharrell type hip-hop beats! My favorites: goodnight n go (her best song methinks :flutter:), successful, no tears left to cry, breathin, God is a woman, get well soon & better off.

Her most popular record yet, "thank u, next", is her kind of going back to her roots. It sounds like Yours Truly's big, darker and more emotional sister. Working with more trap beats & R&B/hip-hop sounds, this album tends to be her best work according to the critics and the overall fans, however I don't see the appeal when she could highkey do much better, but still a great record! My favorites: NASA, ghostin, bad idea, break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored & thank u, next! 

My personal ranking:

Sweetener > Dangerous Woman > My Everything > thank u, next > Yours Truly

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Floppy
4 minutes ago, Andreu said:

jk I forgot this song existed ngl

not u.... :eww:

4 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

That's Get On Your Knees by Nicki Minaj btw. :billie: and yes listen to that.

A toast to taste. :vegas:

Pop Music

Her best albums are Yours Truly and Dangerous Woman 

I like Sweetener and My Everything ok enough and I don't like much Thank You, Next (but i'm in the minority so :huntyga:)

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

LUCARTPOP

I would also say that the lead singles from their albums greatly reflect the type of sounds you will find on the albums.

The Way - 90s R&B

Problem - Bubblegum pop

Dangerous Woman - Soulful pop with heavy bass & heavy synths

no tears left to cry - Synths & pads, a lot of percussions

thank u, next - 90s R&B mixed with trap and hip-hop sounds

Andreu
3 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

Thank you but I know only 3-4 Nicki's songs. :poot: Oh, it's actually five if Beauty & Beat ft. Justin Bieber counts. :ohwell:

Maybe the ariana is not the artist whose albums you should discover then :billie:

Floppy
1 minute ago, LUCARTPOP said:

If you like 90s R&B, I suggest you start with "Yours Truly". One of the best debut albums to be quite honest! My favorites are: Honeymoon Avenue, Tattooed Heart, You'll Never Know and Better Left Unsaid. 

If you're more into pop music with hints of 90s R&B, then "My Everything" is probably the one you should start with! My favorites: Love Me Harder, Only 1, Intro, Break Your Heart Right Back & My Everything.

If you love synthheavy, bassy songs that have THAT commercial IT factor, I suggest you start with "Dangerous Woman". My favorites: Touch It, Knew Better / Forever Boy, Be Alright, Into You & Thinking Bout You!

My favorite album "Sweetener" is her most experimental album, but it's truly a "healing" type of album that was definitely needed for Ariana. It is in my opinion her most cohesive album and consists of all type of songs, R&B ballads, synthheavy pop songs and carefree and fun Pharrell type hip-hop beats! My favorites: goodnight n go (her best song methinks :flutter:), successful, no tears left to cry, breathin, God is a woman, get well soon & better off.

Her most popular record yet, "thank u, next", is her kind of going back to her roots. It sounds like Yours Truly's big, darker and more emotional sister. Working with more trap beats & R&B/hip-hop sounds, this album tends to be her best work according to the critics and the overall fans, however I don't see the appeal when she could highkey do much better, but still a great record! My favorites: NASA, ghostin, bad idea, break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored & thank u, next! 

My personal ranking:

TU,N 4TH? SWEETENER ABOVE DW AND ME?? EYE-:eww:

xokuba

definately check Dangerous Woman and thank u, next albums. Those are the best with DW being pure pop and tun more moody.

LUCARTPOP
1 minute ago, Floppy said:

TU,N 4TH? SWEETENER ABOVE DW AND ME?? EYE-:eww:

Sick and twisted, I'm aware. Sweetener just speaks to me more because of the messages behind some of these songs (ntltc, breathin, better off, goodnight n go, etc.) and it was my favorite era (bar Pure Devestation and Mac's death). 

DW an amazing album as well, the best type of pop music I have ever heard. 

TUN just never stuck with me, I feel like the lyrics were not on par with the lazy productions, it didn't have that Ariana touch bar a few songs (ghostin, NASA & imagine had those though).

Scarlet Bitch

start nowhere

𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔦𝔰 𝔪𝔶 𝔡𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔯, 𝔦 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯

ArtGagaPop

You can skip her debut album and Sweetner apart from the singles :billie:
I would go listen to Dangerous Woman, My everything and Thank u next in full, in that order 

Bubblegum Bitch
15 minutes ago, LUCARTPOP said:

My personal ranking:

Thank you so much for this guide! :heart:

Bubblegum Bitch
13 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Maybe the ariana is not the artist whose albums you should discover then :billie:

I will do Ariana now and probably Billie Eilish next. :reductive:

LadariousGarage

I'm a Ari stan so

Bops

Bloodline

In My Head

God Is A Woman

goodnight n go

everytime

No More Tears Left To Cry

(Unpopular opinion, but I said what I said) Sweetener

Dangerous Woman