💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why can’t we criticise Stupid Love?

Bobbins

Featured Posts

Bobbins

The song is dramatically falling on all streaming avenues. It’s not clicking with the GP and I knew the instant I heard it I disliked it too. It’s noisy and overproduced and the sound is dated. How is Gaga listening to all these amazing female artists on her playlist (who all sound like the future of pop music) and came up with something dated like SL?

The video also disappointed a lot of people. From being a visual powerhouse artist to a poorly made video in the desert with an alien theme which has been done dozens of time before. The editing, choreography, face accessory are all executed poorly for the video. This is the same woman who made the Bad Romance video. KPop music videos in general take a dump over all of Gaga’s video between Joanne and Stupid Love. 

Snippets of the song have also been online since last year and nothing was done about it. Her team are amateurs. You know why ASIB and TFM smashed so hard? She had a professional team behind those eras who helped her execute everything to a professional level and didn’t feed her ego. I just don’t know what else to say except she needs to move onto the 2nd single. 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He8myHEARTPOP

I reaaaaally hate to do this, but agreed!! 

I do like the song- but yea, agreed 

GagaSkeletonWay

I kind of agree. I'm seriously very surprised we made it to the Top 5 of BBH100, to be quite honest. 

When I first heard the song, I felt like it wasn't going to connect with GP, it does sound a bit dated and basic. I finally got into the song a few days after its release and now I enjoy it. But I think Gaga can do sooo much better, especially if we talk about the MV. 

However, I'm very excited about this new era, I feel like I'm going to enjoy it a lot. It's just that Stupid Love would have never been my lead single choice.

Arcanum

Personally  I find it nice for debuting an era.

Not too risky, not too artsy.

It's fun.

+ The fact that the album is going to be released so soon makes me sure that SL served as a buzz to get people in the concept of Chromatica.

It's a top 5 hit with no real promo, so this is a hit for me.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

melon

well I respectfully disagree, it’s smashing quite nicely here in the UK and I’d point to Don’t Start Now which came out over 3 months ago and is only now peaking in the US despite doing so ages ago in the UK

all my friends are really enjoying it but if you don’t I’m sorry, just wait a few weeks for the next single and let others enjoy this 

heauxmatica

Bobbins
Just now, He8myHEARTPOP said:

I reaaaaally hate to do this, but agreed!! 

I do like the song- but yea, agreed 

The thing is this site has turned into a kind of cult. We can’t criticise Gaga anymore even though we do it out of the admiration for her art. It’s ridiculous. The song and video are not good full stop and I’m not gonna feed her delusion by saying it’s good. If I was on her team I would directly tell her this but she would probably fire me. That’s probably why her team don’t speak out. I don’t know who thought this dated mess would click with the new generation of young people. 

blankpaper

Feel free to log off anytime 

reality’s tight if the music is right

ferretti

I mean live your best life friend. For me, I love the song. I loved it the first time I heard it (I did not listen to the leak) and I think it deserves to smash. Most of the people who are not Gaga Stans seem to like it and it's doing pretty well right now. is it blazing the streaming world on fire, no. Is it her best performer ever outside of the smash success of ASIB? Absolutely.

You can dislike the song, go ahead. I think it's really great and I'm not alone. You can dislike the video, go ahead. I think it's fine, but needed a bit more care and direction. 

Don't come for the charts when we have no idea what will happen in the next weeks. She just had her third best debut week yet and even though it is obviously about to drop, it is also going to rise up as radio takes over and it becomes more known. We don't need an instant smash. Shallow surely was not. 

Don't come for her team for not putting out the single early or dropping it all together when they just rolled out the biggest launch Gaga has had in YEARS with this release.

disco stick tester, inquire within

HeavyCapiLover

I like the song. It's refreshing, the gp likes it more than this fanbase, at least the ones that've heard the song. Some friend of mine said that it was good as well and they're not even gaga fans. Maybe gaga should do a performance so it could push the streams. I just think that it's a bit basic for a lead single but I'm okay with it.

Bobbins
Just now, melon said:

well I respectfully disagree, it’s smashing quite nicely here in the UK and I’d point to Don’t Start Now which came out over 3 months ago and is only now peaking in the US despite doing so ages ago in the UK

all my friends are really enjoying it but if you don’t I’m sorry, just wait a few weeks for the next single and let others enjoy this 

Dua’s Don’t Start Now is very easy on the ears as are Dua’s vocals. The song has immense replay value and the video is great and professionally shot. Stupid Love is the opposite it sounds shouty and dated. The video is dreadful and the song itself feels like it lags on for much longer than 3 minutes. It’s just not a good song to listen to more than once. The song has already dropped to 15 on the midweek charts in the UK. 

vyniildisk

We can do it, i've doing it since the beggining

EDIT

Before y'all touchy police of GGD report me i've been giving my CONSTRUCTIVE and objective RESPECTFUL CRITICISM on the song. Thanks

Reality

For the last ****ing time...

Y'all can have your opinions. We all have opinions. The problem is is that you can't express them in such a way where it looks like the only thing you're doing is complaining, and nothing else. 

Like, do you guys realize that criticizing the way you express your opinions  =/= criticizing your opinions? Cause honestly I'm ****ing tired of this "Oh, we can't have our precious opinions!" rhetoric. Like, yes you can! No one said you couldn't!

But if that's what you believe about SL, then that's your opinion. I, however, disagree on pretty much every front. 

🃏🖤👹

Archived