💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

AURA

Not Miley also using the hash tag in a song title... :smh:

The hashtag isn't part of the song title, it's there for promo reasons

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pure Adrenaline

The hashtag isn't part of the song title, it's there for promo reasons

cool, but if this hashtag **** gets trendy  :wtf: ....not here for #TEA,#BURQA,#ARTPOP,#RATCHET...

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Harry

I'm not using the word "iconic" loosely.  :rip:

You people just get way too pressed over other people being successful.

Some things about Pitbull are Iconic. He has unique phrases that are only his and everybody knows them.

Plus he is successful

32M likes, 2M subscribers, 406M and 267M views for US flop songs

He is big worldwide 

I was not talking about Latin America, but he is also big there.

He is huge in Spain and in most mainland of Europe.

Why would I be pressed over other artists being successful? I haven't even said whether I'm a fan of Pitbull or not. I'm not denying his success but success =/= iconic.

cool, but if this hashtag **** gets trendy  :wtf: ....not here for #TEA,#BURQA,#ARTPOP,#RATCHET...

Lol it's okay Gaga has never been one to do something because it's "trendy"

AURA

You forgot one thing: Lady Gaga sets trends for other people to follow, she doesn't follow trends set by others :ray:

Pure Adrenaline

Lol it's okay Gaga has never been one to do something because it's "trendy"

You forgot one thing: Lady Gaga sets trends for other people to follow, she doesn't follow trends set by others :ray:

#ARTPOP2013  :ray:  :ray:

US itunes

normal service resumed

1. Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

Pure Adrenaline

^slay slay comin for PF's weave  :ray:

AURA

#ARTPOP2013  :ray:  :ray:

That was before flop artists started to hashtag their songs, so we can say she started the trend :ray:

Tommymonster44

I'm not using the word "iconic" loosely.  :rip:

You people just get way too pressed over other people being successful.

Some things about Pitbull are Iconic. He has unique phrases that are only his and everybody knows them.

Plus he is successful

32M likes, 2M subscribers, 406M and 267M views for US flop songs

He is big worldwide 

I was not talking about Latin America, but he is also big there.

He is huge in Spain and in most mainland of Europe.

In 2050, when someone mentions music from the 2010's, nobody is going to mention Pitbull.  He isn't iconic. Very commercial and popular yes, but not iconic.

Icon is defined as a person or thing regarded as a representative symbol of something.  He hardly summarizes the entire direction of the music industry like Elvis did in the 50's and Madonna did in the 80's.

nick4bty

Pitbull isn't "iconic," but you can't deny his success. People know what to expect from him and they like it. At least he has a niche. 

Looks like order is become resumed on the iTunes charts. All the big players (CHU, JGMAR, Mirrors, etc.) are getting back to where they were before Blurred Lines hit.

Crazy Kids is slowly moving up - with no promo and no video, at least it keeps getting positive updates. I think the question is though, why isn't she performing this on the Billboard Awards???

AURA

Pitbull isn't iconic - that's why Ke$ha cancelled the joint tour with him :ray:

Come & Slay It

Tommymonster44

Clarity is now #26 on iTunes with 30 million AI.  Seems to be right on course to become pretty successful. 

Daft Punk's single is extremely weird. It's #22 on Pop/Chr with 3500 spins.  However, it's AI is extremely low at 23 million. It's still holding the top 10 in iTunes, though.

Edit: Crazy Kids update.  In light of the original actually passing the Will.I.Am version on iTunes, RCA has decided to push both versions to the radio and allow individual stations to decide which one they play.

In other news, Selena Gomez getting those Youtube streams for Billboard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cFaepzwqfM

Charts are so boring the past 3 months, I've been posting more in the World News and listening to more music made in the 1940s and 50s than current music.

Only fresh song I really love is Icona Pop. Didn't even notice that 22 had flopped. 

After 5 straight quarters of break-out one hit wonders, we don't even have one of those this spring.

Very good situation for upcoming return of Gaga, Katy, and Kylie.

This.

I swear that I can't distinguish one Pitbull feature from the next lol. His verses sound the exact same on every song - something about Miami, something in Spanish, something about how he's finally made it.

And this.

Archived