💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ozzy8923

Ed Sheernan or whoever the hell he is shot up fast

Was it Lego House? PLEASE TELL ME IT'S NOT LEGO HOUSE. I hear that song enough as it is, if it smashes, may Jesus take the wheel.

Ozzy8923

Anyways, on topic, a few things:

1. Someone needs to put the final nail in Ke$ha's coffin. I liked her album and all, but she needs to either go away or start a new album that will help her regain some public interest. 

2. I seriously expect Britney's album to be released on Dec. 2. will.i.am confirmed that they will begin recording this summer. Dec.2 is Britney's birthday and also the fifth anniversary of Circus (which was also slated for a Dec.2 release, but was pushed forward a week). I was hoping for an October release a la Red, September like the TTAL, or mid-November like ITZ or Britney but that doesn't seem likely this time.

3. Live It Up won't go Top 10. It's already gotten BBMA's, AI, and radio and a music video and it's still lingering in the 20's so I don't see it for her. Her album will probably have Lotus opening week #'s and debut at #5 or possibly lower. 

4. 22 will go Platinum with this boost. 

Pop Art

4. 22 will go Platinum with this boost. 

It's already reached the mark, a week or two ago if I'm correct.

Anyways, on topic, a few things:

2. I seriously expect Britney's album to be released on Dec. 2. will.i.am confirmed that they will begin recording this summer. Dec.2 is Britney's birthday and also the fifth anniversary of Circus (which was also slated for a Dec.2 release, but was pushed forward a week). I was hoping for an October release a la Red, September like the TTAL, or mid-November like ITZ or Britney but that doesn't seem likely this time.

This would actually make sense.

I'm just still a bit angry that Will.I.Am is the executive producer of the album  :grr:

Praise godney tho she said it will have a more urban sound i'm getting my hopes up for In The Zone 2.0 tho

In other news...

Y&B fell down so much :toofunny3:

Ozzy8923

Dec. 2 is also a Monday, so even more reason to release it that day. The stars are all aligned to make THAT day the release date. Plus, it's also the peak of Christmas sales, so I expect a really frontloaded album. But I guess that release day is good. I think ARTPOP will be out by then and I don't think Beyonce's album will come out so it'll be Britney's week to shine! 

Pop Art

Strong support before a song's add dates simply show industry confidence in the performer's ability to predict tomorrow's hits.  When your average Joe releases a single, radio stations won't add the song until the public shows strong support towards it (usually through sales). However, an artist like Gaga received instant support by the radio with MTN because of her credibility within the format.  Before then, she's never had a song chart outside of the 10 ten.  Literally everything she released turned to gold (or platinum  rather ;) ).  Radio stations were more likely to gamble with the public's interest due to her past credibility.  It was the same situation with C'mon.

Crazy Kids doesn't have this luxury after the radio realized that C'mon didn't live up to their gamble. It's too early to call it a hit or a failure because it's going to have to actually work it's way into rotations like a normal single would.  Many posters here automatically assume that a song getting these types of updates is a flop because they only follow huge names like Rihanna, Katy, Britney, etc.  All of these types of acts have that pop/chr credibility I talked about in my first paragraph.  This credibility leads to an inflated radio debut.  

Crazy Kids isn't being inflated by the radio, that's all.  We have to wait until the end before we consider it a failure.  Many songs like this will seem to not be taking off for weeks before suddenly launching.  

Lord knows I hope GaGa doesn't have the same problem because of Marry The Night's underperformance. I don't wanna say it too quickly, but she shouldn't since she'll be releasing a brand new lead single, while Ke$ha's just releasing another single off an already out album, right?

Lord knows I hope GaGa doesn't have the same problem because of Marry The Night's underperformance. I don't wanna say it too quickly, but she shouldn't since she'll be releasing a brand new lead single, while Ke$ha's just releasing another single off an already out album, right?

Yeah, Gaga shouldn't have a problem, not with the first single. The label will back it up + the hype of her return and her large following.

Ke$ha's album wasn't even selling too, another reason. 

High School #97

irYLUhx5Wq6oR.gif

I wish the performance helped it more this song is really good 

Archived