Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I

FATCAT

Featured Posts

not Chromatica
11 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

She should just let Akerlund do all her videos and call it a day. If it aint broke, dont fix it :poot:

Idk.. On the one hand, he's legend status. On the other hand, I think it's a great thing to experiment with fresh faces because the vets usually get stuck with one signature style/approach, which can get a bit stale.

My issue with this one is that it's fine for the first half or so, but then gets repetitive, overcrowded and confusing in the other. I'd be completely fine with it just being a dance video had it been executed properly.

• Replies 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NFRatwell
1 minute ago, ARTPOPNick said:

probably she is just gonna release a second video about Chromatica and then she forgets about the concept and decides to never speak about it again

Every Joanne vid is a continuation tease lol

MaryJaneHolland
5 minutes ago, Chromatica said:

Idk.. On the one hand, he's legend status. On the other hand, I think it's a great thing to experiment with fresh faces because the vets usually get stuck with one signature style/approach, which can get a bit stale.

My issue with this one is that it's fine for the first half or so, but then gets repetitive, overcrowded and confusing in the other. I'd be completely fine with it just being a dance video had it been executed properly.

Experimenting is cool, but it can be a hit or miss, exhibit A: Stupid Love.

I'm just bugged because LG6 era should have been the perfect era with the right lead and right video :selena:

Frostken

Guys, I just got an ad for Stupid Love on IG stories. 

Has anyone else gotten it as well?

not Chromatica
6 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Experimenting is cool, but it can be a hit or miss, exhibit A: Stupid Love.

I'm just bugged because LG6 era should have been the perfect era with the right lead and right video :selena:

I don't think it's the director's fault.  At least not fully. I think this is more a case of a general lack of direction & ambition. That often happens with Gaga; she has a cool idea, but doesn't explore it deeply enough so she ends up with a half-baked product and expects that we connect the dots or whatever.

Darcklighter22
1 hour ago, Chromatica said:

I mean yeah, I agree for the most part, though I'm not as pressed about it as much as I was yesterday or the day before. The thing that bugs me the most is – the idea is there, the budget is there, but the ambition/execution is just not. The first trailer was so epic and struck a perfect balance between well though out content and camp, and we ended up with a pre-school project. I'm not expecting a Tarkovsky film from her, but come on. I feel like she needs to separate who her friends are vs. who her collaborators are. Like, we're talking about a major pop career here. It ain't Joanne Trattoria, bitch. And then there's indie artists who do stuff 10x more ambitious & coherent than this with a budget 100x smaller. The only front where I think it fully succeeds is that it sets just the right tone for the song so the colors and the choreo stay in the back of your mind and get conjured every next time you listen to it.

Very true, the trailer really set it up to be more epic then it ended up being. I do feel the possible song we are getting tomorrow and video that might be accompanied will kind of flesh out the story more I'm hoping. Also wishing she would come out of hiding and talk about the video more. But yes for an artist of her caliber it really looks a little amateur ish where it makes you wonder if it's because she really is just working with friends rather then experienced collaborators. 

But I'm also thinking it's intentional visually to look like it was produced in the late 80's and early 90's to possibly fit the theme of the sound of the album. :huh:

Darcklighter22
9 minutes ago, Frostken said:

Guys, I just got an ad for Stupid Love on IG stories. 

Has anyone else gotten it as well?

Yeah was scrolling earlier and an add popped up. There pushing promo big time this time around :enigma:

Miracle
Just now, Gabe said:

Are we still thinking  something is coming tomorrow? 

Chromatica has a link set up on LadyGaga.com, just like SL had so most probably yes

Darcklighter22
Just now, Gabe said:

Are we still thinking  something is coming tomorrow? 

100% :legend:

S0436
8 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Chromatica has a link set up on LadyGaga.com, just like SL had so most probably yes

I didn’t see that, can you post a link?

Miracle
Just now, S0436 said:

I didn’t see that, can you post a link?

Okay it wasn't on ladygaga.com but on smarturl. 

Check @antpats2 twitter

not Chromatica
3 minutes ago, Darcklighter22 said:

Very true, the trailer really set it up to be more epic then it ended up being. I do feel the possible song we are getting tomorrow and video that might be accompanied will kind of flesh out the story more I'm hoping. Also wishing she would come out of hiding and talk about the video more. But yes for an artist of her caliber it really looks a little amateur ish where it makes you wonder if it's because she really is just working with friends rather then experienced collaborators. 

But I'm also thinking it's intentional visually to look like it was produced in the late 80's and early 90's to possibly fit the theme of the sound of the album. :huh:

It just occured to me, but the 1st trailer has big Breath of the Wild energy. Oh, I hope so, but more than anything, I just want new music!!! It's been a long time since you came around, mawma! And we're thirsty!

I feel like the hype has yet to commence, especially if she's about to release another song tomorrow. Part of me hopes that's the reason why she's so silent about everything – because SL is only 1/2 of the experience. And when it comes out in full, like it's supposed to, along with the album name & release date, she'll go into full promo mode. If we're lucky, we might even get a 2020 equivalent to 'There can be a 100 people in the room...'!

On the visual aspect... Yeah, I'm not mad at the aesthetic – I actually love it. What I don't like is that there isn't much beyond just the aesthetic. And yeah, I think we can expect some acid-house, disco and synthwave, among other genres.

Mr Oak
18 minutes ago, Miracle said:

it's fake, it redirects on google

• FATCAT changed the title to 'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I
  • Zilla locked this topic
  • FATCAT unpinned this topic

Archived