šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I

FATCAT

Featured Posts

not Chromatica
19 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I let myself soak up everything from this release and came to the conclusion that the video was a big let down.

Lets be real, it is cheap. It's just them dancing in a desert.

I like the outfit with the spikey belt, but the rest look very bad. Whats going on with Nicola? Can he just not style her unless it's black and leather?

The storyline of the video makes no sense with the song. She is just trying to push this whole kindness thing even where it doesnt belong.

Honestly, I hope the following videos are not a continuation of this. I can get why people would like it, but objectively it is a bad and rushed video.

The song is okay. It js a solid 7, but I can already see the album having at least 5 better songs and everyone would meltdown over why they werent the lead over SL.

I meanĀ yeah, I agree for the most part, though I'm not as pressed about it as much as I was yesterday or the day before. The thing that bugs me the most is ā€“ the idea is there, the budget is there, but the ambition/execution is just not. The first trailer was so epic and struck a perfect balance between well thought-out content and camp, and we ended up with a pre-school project.Ā I'm not expecting a Tarkovsky film from her, but come on. I feel like she needs to separate who her friends are vs. who her collaborators are. Like, we're talking about a major pop career here. It ain'tĀ Joanne Trattoria, bitch. And then there's indie artists who do stuff 10xĀ more ambitious & coherent than this with a budget 100xĀ smaller. The only front where I think it fully succeeds is that it sets just the right tone for the song so the colors and the choreo stay in the back of your mind and get conjured every next time you listen to it.

• Replies 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moonlight on Water

song and everything is a solid 10 for me

Stare Judging You GIF

she/her

monketsharona
29 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I let myself soak up everything from this release and came to the conclusion that the video was a big let down.

Lets be real, it is cheap. It's just them dancing in a desert.

I like the outfit with the spikey belt, but the rest look very bad. Whats going on with Nicola? Can he just not style her unless it's black and leather?

The storyline of the video makes no sense with the song. She is just trying to push this whole kindness thing even where it doesnt belong.

Honestly, I hope the following videos are not a continuation of this. I can get why people would like it, but objectively it is a bad and rushed video.

The song is okay. It js a solid 7, but I can already see the album having at least 5 better songs and everyone would meltdown over why they werent the lead over SL.

At this point we all know fan favorites are not the ones that make big hits.

Last time fans were complaining about a Gaga song being a singleĀ it was when they all claimed Shallow would flop hard. And we know what happened.Ā 

Lawrence

red tribes

yellow tribe

green tribe

Can't believe Gaga was so inspired by StepsĀ :bradley:

Ghost Face
13 hours ago, MonsterInThe6 said:

I must say... what a negative nancy. Bring the optimism!

bette davis yes GIF

It's an honor.

Moonlight on Water
2 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Ā 

yellow tribe

Ā 

this is why you're one of my favorite GGD members.

she/her

monketsharona
2 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Do any of you guys know about the meaning of tribes and the symbols? Like the Pink Tribe stands for Love and KindnessĀ 

I mean having a heart as a symbol for love was very obvious but the other symbols are not that easy to guessĀ 

I feel like every tribe will get a video centered on it. Stupid Love was for the pink tribe.Ā 

I would love a dark video for black tribe and an exotic one for green tribe

Moonlight on Water
2 hours ago, monketsharona said:

I feel like every tribe will get a video centered on it. Stupid Love was for the pink tribe.Ā 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT IF SOPHIE PRODUCES THE MUSIC FOR THE YELLOW TRIBE ONE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

she/her

MaryJaneHolland
49 minutes ago, Chromatica said:

I meanĀ yeah, I agree for the most part, though I'm not as pressed about it as much as I was yesterday or the day before. The thing that bugs me the most is ā€“ the idea is there, the budget is there, but the ambition/execution is just not. The first trailer was so epic and struck a perfect balance between well thought-out content and camp, and we ended up with a pre-school project.Ā I'm not expecting a Tarkovsky film from her, but come on. I feel like she needs to separate who her friends are vs. who her collaborators are. Like, we're talking about a major pop career here. It ain'tĀ Joanne Trattoria, bitch. And then there's indie artists who do stuff 10xĀ more ambitious & coherent than this with a budget 100xĀ smaller. The only front where I think it fully succeeds is that it sets just the right tone for the song so the colors and the choreo stay in the back of your mind and get conjured every next time you listen to it.

She should just let Akerlund do all her videos and call it a day. If it aint broke, dont fix it :poot:

NFRatwell

Gaga, 10 years ago: When people think they know what lady Gaga is, Iā€™m gonna remind them that they donā€™t

Some monsters, every time she starts a new era with new visuals, sounds, etc.:Ā 

Abc Love GIF by The Bachelor

ARTPOPNick
42 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

probably she is just gonna release a second video about Chromatica and then she forgets about the concept and decidesĀ to never speak about it again

• FATCAT changed the title to 'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I
  • Zilla locked this topic
  • FATCAT unpinned this topic

Archived